Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 785, 786, 787 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
We have a stretch center, he's just going to spend most of his time at power forward. The Warriors won two championships with a frontcourt of Draymond and Zaza. The NBA game is not so dogmatic that you must have a stretch 5 in order to contend. I'm not sure where that idea even comes from since it's never actually come to fruition on the court.

So if he's a "stretch C" who also happens to be one of the best rim protectors in the game as well as maybe the most effective switch big in the NBA, why not play him more minutes at C since his greatest offensive advantage most nights will come at the 5 and most teams run 1-5 PnRs as their foundational/bailout offense against which Davis at C can have the most defensive impact? If it's about making this Lakers team the best it can be, shouldn't it have AD play more than 5-8 mpg at C over McGee and Howard?

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:
Season need to start now! Preseason at least!
Just bored, hypothetical, had we drafted Tatum instead of Ball, would you guys give up Tatum and BI along with Hart and those picks for AD?

Not a fan of Tatum. He's so overhyped. And he's very inconsistent.
The thing about the AD trade. I supported it in the moment because I assumed we were getting a big 3. And letting go of that salary gave us the cap space to sign another max player.
Knowing what I know now. That the max cap space money would go to overpaying KCP and signing role players. I wish we kept Ingram in the AD trade if possible.

Tatum = poor man's Kuzma

Tatum = Magic’s folly

What the hell has Tatum done? I thought that only East Coast biased celtics lovers were on his overhype train.

This raises my dander as a Laker fan and a Lonzo fan. Tatum reverted to some of the poor habits last season that made him a flawed prospect coming out of Duke. He may turn into Kobe if he continues down that path, but he could also turn into the next Harrison Barnes.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Also, for the "BVH is a perpetually negative twat all the time" crowd, AD as a point center would wreck the NBA in ways that would be too awkward and painful to not gawk at. I may have very different ideas about how I think the Lakers can achieve championship success from you - yes you - but I want to see that championship success as much as you, and I believe that success this season (and likely in the future) goes through point center Anthony Davis.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

he just started handling the ball last season, so i don't really buy that he could be a point-Center
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Also, for the "BVH is a perpetually negative twat all the time" crowd, AD as a point center would wreck the NBA in ways that would be too awkward and painful to not gawk at. I may have very different ideas about how I think the Lakers can achieve championship success from you - yes you - but I want to see that championship success as much as you, and I believe that success this season (and likely in the future) goes through point center Anthony Davis.

Never heard the term point center before, you mean something like Jocic? And I agree, it's a good thing Lebron's been lobbying the FO about how AD needs to be the focal point going forward.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:
Just bored, hypothetical, had we drafted Tatum instead of Ball, would you guys give up Tatum and BI along with Hart and those picks for AD?

The thing about the AD trade. I supported it in the moment because I assumed we were getting a big 3. And letting go of that salary gave us the cap space to sign another max player.
Knowing what I know now. That the max cap space money would go to overpaying KCP and signing role players. I wish we kept Ingram in the AD trade if possible.

Tatum = poor man's Kuzma

Tatum = Magic’s folly

What the hell has Tatum done? I thought that only East Coast biased celtics lovers were on his overhype train.

Been a better NBA player than Lonzo. And I think he will be the better player going forward.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:

Tatum = poor man's Kuzma

Tatum = Magic’s folly

Been a better NBA player than Lonzo. And I think he will be the better player going forward.

So ... he still would have got traded for AD... you cant hit on every pick in this game...its irrational fans that think you can!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Especially the players that you don’t even bother to work out. Magic had made up his mind when he was hired. I like Lonzo and hope to see him stay healthy this season but he wasn’t the kind of guy you automatically consider. Magic wasn’t even that player, Sharman worked out other players.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Especially the players that you don’t even bother to work out. Magic had made up his mind when he was hired. I like Lonzo and hope to see him stay healthy this season but he wasn’t the kind of guy you automatically consider. Magic wasn’t even that player, Sharman worked out other players.

I thought Magic wanted Fox but Jeanie wanted Lonzo?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think Fox was a justifiable pick at the time. He was 165lbs with no 3ball...he still looks below 175. I’m not optimistic about how he’d fair on switches. But hey, his jumper developed past the point of Lonzo’s, and I don’t think that was foreseeable...
Tatum was the guy who should have been neck and neck with Lonzo
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

Never heard the term point center before, you mean something like Jocic? And I agree, it's a good thing Lebron's been lobbying the FO about how AD needs to be the focal point going forward.

Giannis is in many ways a point center. I want my Laker Anthony Davis to maximize his career as a potential point center.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:

Tatum = poor man's Kuzma

Tatum = Magic’s folly

No, not true.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
he just started handling the ball last season, so i don't really buy that he could be a point-Center

Then why trade everything for him?!

Man, (bleep) "modern" big men, give me Lillard.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Cuz Lillard has had 1 high level(or even good tbh) playoff series in his last 2 years.. I think short players tend to shrink in the playoffs. AD has been star level in most of his playoff series

It’s not so black and white Bigs-smalls analytics-archaic , AD has been tiers better in the playoffs than a star guard, and probably is in Steph’s tier playoff wise...the star guard/analytics baby
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Cuz Lillard has had 1 high level(or even good tbh) playoff series in his last 2 years.. I think short players tend to shrink in the playoffs. AD has been star level in most of his playoff series

It’s not so black and white Bigs-smalls analytics-archaic , AD has been tiers better in the playoffs than a star guard, and probably is in Steph’s tier playoff wise...the star guard/analytics baby

KiROE, give me that Lillard v Davis playoff history straight now.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

for all this talk if AD is a legit #1 option/superstar, I just want to say this. The guy has this summer said he wants to be DPOY of the year and shoot in the high 30's from 3. If that's his level of defense and he can actually shoot like that, he's the best player in the NBA.. by a decent margin.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm using Lilard's last 4 series... 2 postseasons

he was good in 1 of them. vs OKC.
2018 he was shut down by the Pels, AD had a great series.
2019 aside from OKC --- he had 2 solid to good games against Denver, he paled in comparison to CJ that 7 game series, inefficient, CJ carried them.
Then he had a bad game 1 vs GSW and injuried something in game 2, bad series but some excuse it. That's 1 good playoff series of his last 4.. I just can't put him close to AD's level when it counts. AD has had 2 great playoff series, and 1 solid one.. He's also a 2 way player.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:09 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

2019 aside from OKC --- he had 2 solid to good games against Denver, he paled in comparison to CJ that 7 game series, inefficient, CJ carried them.
Then he had a bad game 1 vs GSW and injuried something in game 2, bad series but some excuse it. That's 1 good playoff series of his last 4.. I just can't put him close to AD's level when it counts. AD has had 2 great playoff series, and 1 solid one.. He's also a 2 way player.

AD isn't running my offense, he's being set up by someone else.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:01 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

30ppg and great defense >> inefficient 23ppg running on offense+bad defense
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

30ppg and great defense >> inefficient 23ppg running on offense+bad defense

But I still need someone to run my offense unless point-AD becomes a thing.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

SAS said Magic talked up Lonzo as if he is going to be a HOF'er. Before and after the draft. I think Magic was higher on him than Fox. Most drafts had Lonzo going at 2 or 3. Putting it on Jeanie is silly, really.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject:

AD being a #1 will not be an issue for us until 2 years from now. At that point, we would need to know. For now, we need him to be dominant. It doesn't matter if he scores 23 or 30. The number he pours in, needs to be dominant. He needs to be dominant on the glass and on d. He can do a number of things at an elite level. He does not need to do what he did in New Orleans - which is try to score 30 every night. What he should be doing is focusing on being a dominant 2-way force.

Lebron gets 25/7/7, AD 24/12/3/2.5 and we get good production from role players and get open shots for them. McGee and Howard feast on open shots inside. Green, Bradley, Cook, KCP, Daniels feast on open looks from outside. Kuzma comes in and takes over when bench comes into play and Lebron or AD sit. This is what we need.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

SAS said Magic talked up Lonzo as if he is going to be a HOF'er. Before and after the draft. I think Magic was higher on him than Fox. Most drafts had Lonzo going at 2 or 3. Putting it on Jeanie is silly, really.

That's why rebuilding through the draft is a fool's game. Very few players coming into the NBA are guaranteed to be dominant superstars. Coming into the league AD had just as much chance to be a bust as anyone. As soon as Magic started talking about hanging Lonzo's jersey in the rafters at Staples I thought, "why doesn't he keep his mouth shut?"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I actually like Lonzo. So I'm not "putting it" on Jeanie. I read somewhere she was in love with him b/c of his LA-ties and story.

Even if we got Tatum, he would have been traded for AD anyways, no?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

Doubt Magic would've been talking Lonzo up the way he did at Lonzo's intro presser if he was a Fox guy. A Ball jersey hanging in the rafters? Breaking Magic's records? That wasn't a performance. He was Team Lonzo all the way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 785, 786, 787 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 786 of 1425
Jump to: