A moment of silence for 911 Victims and Survivors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: A moment of silence for 911 Victims and Survivors

LINK 🙏🏾

If you respond please leave Trump out of this thread.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:58 am; edited 3 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

Horrible day, I was working at Vanderberg Air Force base and it was easy to see how unprepared they were for something like that. Hopefully the military is now better prepared. Interesting thing about VAFB, they have no planes so jets from Point Mugu had to patrol the airspace.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

I was thinking this morning about the time that has passed. My daughter is a 17 year old Senior in high school. We found out we were expecting in October of 2001. We have spoken to her about 9/11, but I realized that she will never be able to understand how the world felt that day. I am sure it is similar to infamous dates that I did not live through, and only know of through history and context given by those that did experience the events. The attack was on the United States, but for a brief moment, the only one of my lifetime, the world felt like it stopped spinning that day. Although it began to spin again soon after, it was clearly a different world on some level for all of us. My daughter and those her age and younger will never know the world that existed on September 10th of 2001.

We must continue to honor the victims and their families by never forgetting what happened that day, and ensuring future generations never allow this nation to forget.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Was living in LA, cousin woke me up way early in the morning to check the tv, surreal seeing the towers went down, felt depressed for months
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Was living in LA. Used to wake up to Howard Stern at a little before 6 but then he went live when the events started happening and my girlfriend (wife now) awoke and turned on the TV. It definitely was surreal.

Going back to what adkindo was saying about how things changed after 9/11, our kids now live with a palpable fear of being shot in open places. No one even thought about that when we were kids. We were at a concert recently and my 9 year old daughter had that fear wash over her at some point and it really shocked me and my wife. It took a while for us to get her back into the fun of the concert.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Interesting note: a lot of us older guys on this site spent a lot of time talking about 9/11 when it happened. Many of us started on the ESPN board, then Rivals. Damn, we go back a ways, don't we?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

I lost my sanity researching
USA Middle East relations and history

I remember the people jumping from windows on fire
Wondering what I would do in those last moments

I remember being struck with the feeling of being an Iraqi father
Waiting for a smart bomb to murder me and my daughter and wife

I remember all the lies from politicians
All the politicizing of their deaths and the bloodlust for revenge

One government employee asked "We need to find out why these people are so upset at us" She was then called every name in the book and bombing began

Human life is so fragile and short why waste any of it?
I'll be 49 in October. WTF. How the bleep did that happen?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: