JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Kershaw is so done ... serving batting practice at Citi Field. That was a huge no doubter bomb

Interesting comment

I was expecting us to be down big after reading this comment

I looked up the score and we’re up 4-1 in the 5th

give him time ... he’s walking on rice paper every game

Yeah, I’m just saying from your comment I was expecting something far worse than 1 run on 3 hits through 6 innings.

Of all the starts that you could have chosen to declare him as “done,” it’s interesting that you chose this one.

more than happy to eat my words... hope he saves his shell game for the playoffs
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Kershaw is so done ... serving batting practice at Citi Field. That was a huge no doubter bomb

Interesting comment

Yeah, I’m just saying from your comment I was expecting something far worse than 1 run on 3 hits through 6 innings.

Of all the starts that you could have chosen to declare him as “done,” it’s interesting that you chose this one.

more than happy to eat my words... hope he saves his shell game for the playoffs

It’s also interesting that a couple of innings can change your opinion of whether he’s done or not.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Interesting comment

It’s also interesting that a couple of innings can change your opinion of whether he’s done or not.

it’s one game ... let’s see this in the playoffs
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Interesting comment

I don’t think you have to wait that long. He has another start in 5 days. You’ll have multiple chances to declare him done then change your mind a few innings later.

Oh oh, bases loaded 1 out in the 7th. Here’s your chance to change your mind again...
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Interesting comment

I don’t think you have to wait that long. He has another start in 5 days. You’ll have multiple chances to declare him done then change your mind a few innings later.

Oh oh, bases loaded 1 out in the 7th. Here’s your chance to change your mind again...

6 1/3 ... done
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Kelly limits the bases loaded damage to 1 run
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject:

It's one of those years again, but the last two years, I really felt like we were going to win a world series. 2019, another great year, but I am much less confident this year about our WS chances. I think we are going to need some complete game wins in a series, our relief pitching is just not that good this year.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
It's one of those years again, but the last two years, I really felt like we were going to win a world series. 2019, another great year, but I am much less confident this year about our WS chances. I think we are going to need some complete game wins in a series, our relief pitching is just not that good this year.

We’re better this yr than last yr

The Red Sox were firing on all cylinders last yr. They were a behemoth
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

I never thought we would win last year. 2 years ago was the heartbreaker. This year's team is somewhere in the middle.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

I never thought we would win last year. 2 years ago was the heartbreaker. This year's team is somewhere in the middle.

This years team is better than last years....I don't think anybody gave us much of a chance against the Red Sox. This year both AL teams (Yankees, Astros) are better than us, we are the underdog against them, but not an overwhelming one. If we have good pitching performances we can definitely win this year.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

This years team is better than last years....I don't think anybody gave us much of a chance against the Red Sox. This year both AL teams (Yankees, Astros) are better than us, we are the underdog against them, but not an overwhelming one. If we have good pitching performances we can definitely win this year.

Better offense
Worse overall pitching

Jansen to me should not see the light of the day in the postseason, and we all know he will and in high leverage situations. I have hard time squaring that with a championship expectation.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Kershaw will be fine in the postseason. There are no expectations really and I think that will help. He's been solid even with his lack of velocity. Call me crazy but this will be his best postseason.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Better offense
Worse overall pitching

Jansen to me should not see the light of the day in the postseason, and we all know he will and in high leverage situations. I have hard time squaring that with a championship expectation.

Last season the Dodgers led the NL in pitching: 1st in starting and 5th in relieving

This season the Dodgers are leading the NL in pitching: 1st in starting and 2nd in relieving.

Where they are not as good as last year, is last year they were 1st the first half and they were 1st the second half. This year, they were 1st the first half but they are 2nd so far in the second half, most of which could probably be explained by Ryu. The team to watch for is St. Louis, leading the 2nd half and playing .661 ball the second half.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Better offense
Worse overall pitching

Last season the Dodgers led the NL in pitching: 1st in starting and 5th in relieving

This season the Dodgers are leading the NL in pitching: 1st in starting and 2nd in relieving.

Where they are not as good as last year, is last year they were 1st the first half and they were 1st the second half. This year, they were 1st the first half but they are 2nd so far in the second half, most of which could probably be explained by Ryu. The team to watch for is St. Louis, leading the 2nd half and playing .661 ball the second half.

I really, REALLY don't want the Dodgers to face those sign stealing (bleep).
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Better offense
Worse overall pitching

I'm guessing Kershaw doesn't either: 0-4, 6.14 ERA--with a 95+ MPH fastball.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

^^^ PTSD .
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Sigh...Urias loses it for us.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

The offense lost it for us. Even if we only gave up 1, it probably would have been enough

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

That's on Roberts. I don't like the constant changing of pitchers to go lefty righty etc. Sooner or later you are going to run out someone who doesn't have it. So what happens here? Urias loads the bases and he ends up pitching against a right handed batter anyhow who clears the bases. If you are going that strategy why not bring in Baez who is better in high leverage situations and is a right hander facing a right hander. Not only that in a tie game you are burning pitchers in a potential extra inning situation.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

That's on Roberts. I don't like the constant changing of pitchers to go lefty righty etc. Sooner or later you are going to run out someone who doesn't have it. So what happens here? Urias loads the bases and he ends up pitching against a right handed batter anyhow who clears the bases. If you are going that strategy why not bring in Baez who is better in high leverage situations and is a right hander facing a right hander. Not only that in a tie game you are burning pitchers in a potential extra inning situation.

concur ... leave Kelly in or bring in Baez... nevertheless no bats at all. If we win the NL with any luck the Yanks and moreso the Astros will have their way with our pitching... too bad the FO didn’t get us another playoff starter
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

The whole key to the 8th inning was Urias hitting Nimmo, who hits less than his weight against lefties. Two out and one on, shouldn't have been too big of a deal. But he hits him, and then against Rosario, whom he allowed a home run to in their only previous AB, he pitched him carefully. So then it's bases loaded, and he couldn't finish off his changeup like he wanted to. Ballgame.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Better offense
Worse overall pitching

Plus the Cardinals own the Dodgers in the playoffs, with the exception of 2009.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Nice outing by Jansen
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Better offense
Worse overall pitching

As it stands the Cards would have to go thru the Braves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Better offense
Worse overall pitching

As it stands the Cards would have to go thru the Braves.

I’m not convinced that the Cards will be in the playoffs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 117 of 248
Jump to: