Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Tommy with more great lines in this weeks Power....

Quote:
Proctor: Who let you up?
Tommy: Do I look like the ask permission type of guy to you?

Quote:
Ghost: Tommy, I say we put our differences aside, and take Jason down, together.
Tommy: Go f#$k yourself, and the next time I see you, I am gonna cancel Christmas on your a$$.

I'm kind of committed at this point to see it out, but man is the collection of acting and dialogue on Power about as bad and hammy as it gets. From Tommy to Ghost to Ghost's wife to LaLa's character to the ADA to Jason to Turtle as a lawyer, they are putting on a clinic in how to do straight to video acting. It's become amusing because they are all straining so hard.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Ghost: Tommy, I say we put our differences aside, and take Jason down, together.
Tommy: Go f#$k yourself, and the next time I see you, I am gonna cancel Christmas on your a$$.

I'm kind of committed at this point to see it out, but man is the collection of acting and dialogue on Power about as bad and hammy as it gets. From Tommy to Ghost to Ghost's wife to LaLa's character to the ADA to Jason to Turtle as a lawyer, they are putting on a clinic in how to do straight to video acting. It's become amusing because they are all straining so hard.

yeah, I think we are all just riding it out at this point. Felt like the writers kind of ran out of material a couple seasons ago. I wont be satisfied unless Ghost at least backhands Tariq one good time at least taking out a few teeth.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
to LaLa's character

btw, is there some new rule that if you make a television show, you must create a role for LaLa? It seems like I see her popping up everywhere lately. She was on that 90210 show recently, then I saw her on Poppy Montgomery's new show Reef Break.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

yeah, I think we are all just riding it out at this point. Felt like the writers kind of ran out of material a couple seasons ago. I wont be satisfied unless Ghost at least backhands Tariq one good time at least taking out a few teeth.

it was not the correct show, but I did enjoy Logan backhanding the crap out of Roman almost as much on Succession this week...
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

Unbelievable on Netflix is quite captivating. Think of True Detective (though not quite up to season one, especially the feel of the atmosphere and dialog) but with a slant or two. It has disturbing elements, some repulsive, some heart breaking, but it is a really good detective mystery, at least up to episode 5+, where I'm at. The pace doesn't throw one back in their chair, but it is steady.

Last edited by ribeye on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:32 am; edited 2 times in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

A good docu-series is airing on Showtime called "Murder in the Bayou". It shares the title with the book about unsolved murders of eight women in and around Jennings, Louisiana. 2 of 5 episodes have aired.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10609888/
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

another important supporting character had their final episode on Power tonight....
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Unbelievable on Netflix is quite captivating. Think of True Detective (though not quite up to season one, especially the feel of the atmosphere and dialog) but with a slant or two. It has disturbing elements, some repulsive, some heart breaking, but it is a really good detective mystery, at least up to episode 5+, where I'm at. The pace doesn't throw one back in their chair, but it is steady.

So I finished this in two nights, even though I also "had" to watch the Rams last night. I'm not sure how everyone else will react but I woke up thinking about the show and sense this one will stick with me for a long time. It certainly is an awards worthy show, with notable performances, especially our young star.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:

So I finished this in two nights, even though I also "had" to watch the Rams last night. I'm not sure how everyone else will react but I woke up thinking about the show and sense this one will stick with me for a long time. It certainly is an awards worthy show, with notable performances, especially our young star.

I am going to get to it soon.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

I started Unbelievable when it first dropped because I had been looking forward to it since I heard about it. But I had trouble within the first 10 minutes. I think because I watched Kaitlyn Dever grow up on screen (she was on Justified from like ages 12-17, and then a few movies). I think it really speaks to how good of an actor she is that I was so affected that I had to turn it off.

Having said that, I will be giving it another go this week because it is a story that should be heard/seen.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:

think it would be better if the 2 female detectives (Merritt Wever & Toni Collette) were played by different actresses. They are just not fitting the roles in my opinion.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:

think it would be better if the 2 female detectives (Merritt Wever & Toni Collette) were played by different actresses. They are just not fitting the roles in my opinion.

I don't know how you can say that but maybe you'd prefer someone closer to Scarlett Johannesburg or Gal Gadot?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

Got through the first episode and it was one of the most heartbreaking and infuriating things to watch.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:

I don't know how you can say that but maybe you'd prefer someone closer to Scarlett Johannesburg or Gal Gadot?

If you are suggesting them because they are considered attractive....no, that really was not the issue for me.....the last thing I wanted to see is another female law enforcement officer in skinny jeans and high heals. Any, good to see the guy that looks like Obama and Dauber still getting work.

Didn't you feel the ending was somewhat anti climatic? I know it is not fiction, but not knowing the story, I was expecting some type of twist.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Got through the first episode and it was one of the most heartbreaking and infuriating things to watch.

This is something else that did not sit right with me. I know what they were trying to convey....that the cops coerced her to claim she made it up, but in the show they did not have to coerce her very hard. Then once she did change her story, it is kind of hard to blame those on the outside to fully trust any claim she makes. For effect, I would have had the cops to push her harder....and maybe they did in real life.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:

If you are suggesting them because they are considered attractive....no, that really was not the issue for me.....the last thing I wanted to see is another female law enforcement officer in skinny jeans and high heals. Any, good to see the guy that looks like Obama and Dauber still getting work.

Didn't you feel the ending was somewhat anti climatic? I know it is not fiction, but not knowing the story, I was expecting some type of twist.

A little spoilerish vv

Sounds like you went through this pretty fast to be so disappointed--on Monday you were going to get to it soon, and on Tuesday you're talking about the ending.

Anyway, no, the ending was just fine. The call to the one cop was perfect, as was the sentencing scene.

Last edited by ribeye on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

This is something else that did not sit right with me. I know what they were trying to convey....that the cops coerced her to claim she made it up, but in the show they did not have to coerce her very hard. Then once she did change her story, it is kind of hard to blame those on the outside to fully trust any claim she makes. For effect, I would have had the cops to push her harder....and maybe they did in real life.

^^ This ^^ and vv this vv are very spoilerish.

Agreed. The problem wasn't that the cops did so much wrong in coercing her, but that they had a lack of understanding of what she, particularly she who had been institutionalized since three, had gone through, and was going through at the moment. But really, her mothers were more to blame. I did miss that we did not see her explain to them how their intuition was so very wrong.

I not only empathized with our protagonist, but somewhat with these cops who, with what they had, proceeded as I would expect many to proceed--they were only doing their job as they knew it from how they were trained. And they were men. (I'm not picking on men, but here in this case, back then, being a man investigating something so profoundly personal and emotional for a woman, had real potential for problems. The contrast to how they handled the case compared to our heroes is stark) That they then filed a charge against her was way over the top though.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

For all the Peaky Blinders' fans
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Sounds like you went through this pretty fast to be so disappointed--on Monday you were going to get to it soon, and on Tuesday you're talking about the ending.

I feel like we dated back in the day, and I was dishonest in the relationship because you always seem suspicious of me or what I say. I can't tell if you have doubts I watched the show, or watched it too quickly to properly digest/comprehend. It was 8 episodes and the Reds did not play Monday evening. So yeah 8 episodes in 2 days is heavy, but I do not think it is crazy. I watched like 4 episodes on Monday evening....then the 5th was watched in parts at the gym, eating breakfast, etc., then finished up the 3 episodes yesterday evening.

I have a been mildly critical of 1 or 2 very small items, but I enjoyed the show. I found it entertaining.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I feel like we dated back in the day, and I was dishonest in the relationship because you always seem suspicious of me or what I say.

this made me
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

I caught the premier of Prodigal Son, it has some promise.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

So many shows screw up series finales. Especially lately.
But Preacher stuck the landing. It just ended and I already miss it.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Is it series finale? I saw the first season and stopped following it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Is it series finale? I saw the first season and stopped following it.

Yep. Just aired tonight. It was a fun ride. I'll miss it. Check it out. The show actually took a huge turn after season 1. Stakes got larger, more supernatural heaven and hell stuff. Surprised their budget didn't get too large to kill off the show.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

That's been on my list for awhile. Maybe now it's time to check it out.

AMC seems to either nail or absolutely blow it with finales. Breaking Bad and Halt and Catch Fire were two of the best I've ever seen while TWD has been running 6 seasons longer than it ever needed to.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 18 of 110
Jump to: