Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

Talen Horton-Tucker continues to receive treatment for a stress reaction in his right foot and will have limited participation in training camp.
A status update will be given upon the team’s return from China.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/190926-lakers-medical-updates-kyle-kuzma-talen-horton-tucker-jordan-caroline
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Talen Horton-Tucker continues to receive treatment for a stress reaction in his right foot and will have limited participation in training camp.
A status update will be given upon the team’s return from China.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/190926-lakers-medical-updates-kyle-kuzma-talen-horton-tucker-jordan-caroline

Glad we're not counting on him this season. It's been three months since the draft.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

So much talk about THT but haven't seen anything yet to make an assessment.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
So much talk about THT but haven't seen anything yet to make an assessment.

It's very disheartening that THT has been M.I.A. this long.

(though I don't expect much)
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

this injury is why he looks pudgy... at the combine he was 235lbs at a very solid body fat %. had just a handful of pounds to shed
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

the Lakers should just change their name to the Los Angeles Stress Reactions
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

I watched the video of THT and Caruso shooting side by side.

Looks to me that THT is the same height as Caruso. Possible that he grew after the draft?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:

Looks to me that THT is the same height as Caruso. Possible that he grew after the draft?

he grew vertically and side ways.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:

*Talen Horton-Tucker & Alex Caruso shine in 3-pt. shooting drill

https://www.talkbasket.net/53902-lakers-practice-talen-horton-tucker-alex-caruso-shine-in-3-pt-shooting-drill
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

Here's hoping our projects such as THT and Little Freak don't become busts but the same time don't expect them to get much time with the big team this year either. It's a 2-3 year process and by then might be included as trade filler. So don't get too attached to THT.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Here's hoping our projects such as THT and Little Freak don't become busts but the same time don't expect them to get much time with the big team this year either. It's a 2-3 year process and by then might be included as trade filler. So don't get too attached to THT.

No doubt; .... but until then they are still worth rooting for.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Has this guy been injured the entire time he's been a Laker?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

I believe his injury was diagnosed at the combine and the Lakers drafted him knowing he was injured.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

OUT AGAIN!

Talen Horton-Tucker: Listed out for Friday

Quote:
Horton-Tucker (foot) has been ruled out for Friday's preseason game against the Warriors.

Horton-Tucker will miss the entire preseason due to a right foot injury. There's a chance he could find himself in the G League to start the regular season after failing to prove he deserves a roster spot.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/lakers-talen-horton-tucker-listed-out-for-friday/
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I believe his injury was diagnosed at the combine and the Lakers drafted him knowing he was injured.

THT was considered a lottery prospect at times, so the Lakers could not have drafted him had he not had the foot injury.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

If this keeps up he’s going to be a myth of a player. Lol
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully he can get some G League minutes.

Last edited by epak on Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

THT was considered a lottery prospect at times, so the Lakers could not have drafted him had he not had the foot injury.

Giving guys a redshirt year has been productive in a lot of situations, especially when that allows you to draft a player later than his perceived rank. Still 18 years of age and dealing with a foot issue, Tucker seems like a prime candidate. It would be cool to at least get a glimpse of him in an NBA setting, but there's plenty of time. The only thing that's kind of concerning is that the reported diagnosis doesn't seem to match the time he's been out.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

G-League for him...Let him get his reps. Tbh, we don't really have room right now.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

LakeShowWorld

@LakeShowWorld
Follow Follow @LakeShowWorld
More
Talen Horton-Tucker will be cleared for practice next week, Vogel says.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:35 am    Post subject:

I really believe Horton-Tucker will be the wing defender this team needs until a more capable veteam is able to be acquired.

Horton-Tucker will be the stopgap defensive wing until Iguodala makes it over. The need of Horton-Tucker's skillset may keep one of Cook or Daniels out of the rotation some nights when they play teams with large SFs (like the Clippers).

Hopefully they don't immediately send him to the G-League when he's completely healthy. The team needs his unique set of skills right now much more than Pope's.

Last edited by Joe Pesci on Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
I really believe Horton-Tucker will be the wing defender this team needs until a more capable veteam is able to be acquired.

Horton-Tucker will be the stopgap defensive wing until Iguodala makes it over. The need got Horton-Tucker's skillset may keep one of Cook or Daniels out of the rotation some nights when they play teams with large SFS (like the Clippers).

Hopefully they don't immediately send him to the G-League when he's completely healthy. The team needs his unique set of skills right now much more than Pope's.

hmm. I only watched like 5+ games of his last year - and it was really the potential that I liked - more so than him being actually good at a skill at the moment. He was avg on C&S 3s I believe... and we all know he can handle for a wing, flashes passing, and has defensive potential. But he's one of the absolute youngest players in the draft class; and he's pretty raw. I'm doubtful there's any skill he's as good at, as Norvell is shooting/scoring. He wasn't a consistent defender last year, it was flash plays, from what I saw.. I wouldn't call his motor good/relatively consistent. I don't think 18 year olds have that kind of stamina/shape to be 2 way players.
There's a chance he's a 30% 3pt shooting, turnover prone off the dribble, airhead defender, at the moment right now. Personally would give him 30 games in the Gleague - look at him early 2020
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Horton-Tucker will be the stopgap defensive wing until Iguodala makes it over. The need got Horton-Tucker's skillset may keep one of Cook or Daniels out of the rotation some nights when they play teams with large SFS (like the Clippers).

hmm. I only watched like 5+ games of his last year - and it was really the potential that I liked - more so than him being actually good at a skill at the moment. He was avg on C&S 3s I believe... and we all know he can handle for a wing, flashes passing, and has defensive potential. But he's one of the absolute youngest players in the draft class; and he's pretty raw. I'm doubtful there's any skill he's as good at, as Norvell is shooting/scoring. He wasn't a consistent defender last year, it was flash plays, from what I saw.. I wouldn't call his motor good/relatively consistent. I don't think 18 year olds have that kind of stamina/shape to be 2 way players.
There's a chance he's a 30% 3pt shooting, turnover prone off the dribble, airhead defender, at the moment right now. Personally would give him 30 games in the Gleague - look at him early 2020

Pope is the team's current backup SF.

Horton-Tucker is a better defender of SFS right now, at 18 years old, than Pope.

I don't care about his shooting or passing right now. I care about his freakish wingspan, agility, and girth.

I'd definitely give him 5-15 minutes off the bench right now in favor of Pope. The Lakers have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Defensively, against larger wings, Horton-Tucker is just better ... right now (when healthy).

Last edited by Joe Pesci on Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Horton-Tucker is a better defender of SFS right now, at 18 years old, than Pope.

I don't care about his shooting or passing right now. I care about his freakish wingspan, agility, and girth.

I'd definitely give him 5-15 minutes off the bench right now in favor of Pope. The Lakers have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to lose.

Defensively, against larger wings, Horton-Tucker is just better ... right now (when healthy).

OOPS. You're talking about KCP not Caruso's nickname.. ahhhh, my bad. hahah
yea. THT can get minutes over KCP, that'd be fun
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

I'd definitely give him 5-15 minutes off the bench right now in favor of Pope. The Lakers have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to lose.

OOPS. You're talking about KCP not Caruso's nickname.. ahhhh, my bad. hahah
yea. THT can get minutes over KCP, that'd be fun

I appreciate the insight on Horton-Tucker. Admittedlty, you've seen him play more than I have.

I don't need him to be a two-way player though, just one way -- defensive. So that's why I think he can fill the need (over Pope) until Iguodala comes over.

I, like you, think it'll be fun ... and more effective than running Pope's erratic-ass out there every game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 21 of 202
Jump to: