OFFICIAL Devontae Cacok THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

Liked him in Summer League and he continues to play well. He's strong and he's able to stay in front of his man. If he continues playing like this, he should get a roster spot. We can rest Kuzma another 2 or 3 weeks if Cacok can play like this.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

Just a reminder we don’t have an open roster spot. But liked what he did.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Let him have one of the 2 ways
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Am i the only one who's noticed his name kinda sounds like "(bleep)"??

If you read between the lines in some of the responses above you.... then the answer is a no sir

Quote:
He was able to penetrate the defense repeatedly

Quote:

He's hard to stop. Relentless. Just keeps coming.

Quote:
he was able to penetrate the hole repeatedly causing quite an explosive presence that GS will not be forgetting for quite some time imo. Nice to see Dwight clearly rubbing off on him

Quote:
caught some footage of him from his last year at UNC Wilmington...can't find the clip right now but he served up one of the nastiest facials on some 17 year old freshman. I'm talking nasty. Had to watch it over and over again. Should've been illegal. It's concerning that he only averaged 59% freethrow shooting; I refuse to watch anyone fudge the stripe like that; it's just not my thing, I just can't bring myself to pull off a guy jacking up that many stinkers when it comes to freebies. His form is gross and there's wayyy too much arc on release, he needs to get that fixed. He's also a bit thick for his height at 6'7, 240. If he could shed some of that girth he'll be nubile enough to consistently handle double, even triple teams. I also heard he's taken Giannis' little brother under his wing. Nice little greek fellowship they got goin' on. Fun fact: he actually applied to a few Ivy League schools but took a different path since they all rejected him; it was his lifelong dream to get into Brown.

Quote:
It won't be hard to fit him in.

Sure but the thing he has to work on the most is not shooting too early in the clock.

Quote:
When excited, easily aroused.

Quote:
hope he is able to keep it "up

Quote:
Not sure why many people can’t grasp Cacock’s upside.

I guess because he was undrafted, people assume Cacock must suck. And face it, we all know Cacock won’t be inserted into the starting line-up. Our team is pretty deep, so it will be hard to make his presence felt. But the guy plays hard, so maybe be he will eventually come off the bench and contribute in spurts. Sure, for veteran players, especially former stars who are on the back end of their careers, getting limited minutes can be somewhat hard to swallow, but lots of young role players see it as their best chance to showcase their skills.

In the meantime, who knows, maybe Cacock focuses on a G-league spot, works on his shooting stroke, and then gets pulled up to the big league. Pretty sure an assignment to South Bay would not be in vain.

The fact is the dude can ball, especially in transition. He takes it strong to the hole, attacks the rim and drains every shot near the hoop. If Talen and others don’t step up, Cacock could be in position to slide in bottom of the rotation.

Quote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Wasn't expecting to see such a big Cacok thread after this game.

Very subtle DB... but you got it in there

Last edited by twisted on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:24 am; edited 7 times in total
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We would have to waive GreekFreak Jr. who we haven't seen play to open up a 2-way.
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

wait everyone here has a stutter
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We would have to waive GreekFreak Jr. who we haven't seen play to open up a 2-way.

Maybe next season then but I think he has NBA level talent.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

If you read between the lines in some of the responses above you.... then the answer is a no sir

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
he was able to penetrate the hole repeatedly causing quite an explosive presence that GS will not be forgetting for quite some time imo. Nice to see Dwight clearly rubbing off on him

Quote:
caught some footage of him from his last year at UNC Wilmington...can't find the clip right now but he served up one of the nastiest facials on some 17 year old freshman. I'm talking nasty. Had to watch it over and over again. Should've been illegal. It's concerning that he only averaged 59% freethrow shooting; I refuse to watch anyone fudge the stripe like that; it's just not my thing, I just can't bring myself to pull off a guy jacking up that many stinkers when it comes to freebies. His form is gross and there's wayyy too much arc on release, he needs to get that fixed. He's also a bit thick for his height at 6'7, 240. If he could shed some of that girth he'll be nubile enough to consistently handle double, even triple teams. I also heard he's taken Giannis' little brother under his wing. Nice little greek fellowship they got goin' on. Fun fact: he actually applied to a few Ivy League schools but took a different path since they all rejected him; it was his lifelong dream to get into Brown.

Quote:

Sure but the thing he has to work on the most is not shooting too early in the clock.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I guess because he was undrafted, people assume Cacock must suck. And face it, we all know Cacock won’t be inserted into the starting line-up. Our team is pretty deep, so it will be hard to make his presence felt. But the guy plays hard, so maybe be he will eventually come off the bench and contribute in spurts. Sure, for veteran players, especially former stars who are on the back end of their careers, getting limited minutes can be somewhat hard to swallow, but lots of young role players see it as their best chance to showcase their skills.

In the meantime, who knows, maybe Cacock focuses on a G-league spot, works on his shooting stroke, and then gets pulled up to the big league. Pretty sure an assignment to South Bay would not be in vain.

The fact is the dude can ball, especially in transition. He takes it strong to the hole, attacks the rim and drains every shot near the hoop. If Talen and others don’t step up, Cacock could be in position to slide in bottom of the rotation.

Quote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Jesus Christ. I just about spit out my drink. I’m rolling laughing right now.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

WELCOME TO CACOCKTOBER

twisted wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
DancingBarry wrote:

levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Dick jokes aside this guy kind of blows. Just didn't seem ready for the speed of the game.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:04 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
WELCOME TO CACOCKTOBER

Thank you for this magnum opus.

JamaalWilkes wrote:

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Definitely like him - Just hope he doesn't turn out to be another jonathan williams.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Kid has talent
LakergirlsFan710
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
WELCOME TO CACOCKTOBER

twisted wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
he was able to penetrate the hole repeatedly causing quite an explosive presence that GS will not be forgetting for quite some time imo.
Nice to see Dwight clearly rubbing off on him

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
DancingBarry wrote:

So Cyberbullying our own players is all the rage now on this forum. Sad times at Lakersground.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

Question, once we cut our roster size down and cut Cacok, what stopping other team from signing him for a two way contract. Or is it guarantee we have him for our G league team.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

This guy Cacok may turn out to be just what the Lakers need.
What do the Lakers need?
Big time a backup SF. Lebron cannot play all 48 minutes. Kuzma and Dudley are backup PFs.

If Cacok can come in and slow down the big and fast SFs like Kawhi and George he will be more important than the 8 guards that the Lakers have.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Cacok is a C/PF though?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Cacok is a C/PF though?

Best me to it
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Cacok or last season’s J Williams? Who would you rather have?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Cacok is a C/PF though?

He is 6'7"...
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Cacok is a C/PF though?

He is 6'7"...

Height doesn’t change what his game is.
lakerlynx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

I admire people who have persevered and had success in spite of a difficult last name. It builds character. Probably been teased a lot in his life. At some point, I assume he said to himself "if my name was good enough for my father, it's good enough for me."
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Cacok or last season’s J Williams? Who would you rather have?

Williams. Better touch around the rim, better shot blocker. All he needs is strength.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Cacok is a C/PF though?

He is 6'7"...

Zion is a whopping 6'6"+

He'd still be best playing 5.

Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Cacok is a C/PF though?

He is 6'7"...

Zion is a whopping 6'6"+

He'd still be best playing 5.

Exactly. Draymond is 6’5” according to Kerr and his best success has come as a f/c
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: