What star combo do you most want the Lakers to sign and/or trade for ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What FA combo do you most want the Lakers to sign and/or trade for ?
PG and Lebron
16%
 16%  [ 21 ]
PG and Kawhi (2019)
23%
 23%  [ 31 ]
PG and Klay (2019)
23%
 23%  [ 31 ]
PG and Butler (2019)
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
PG and AD (2020)
23%
 23%  [ 30 ]
PG and Dray (2020)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
PG only- the young core will supply the other stars
10%
 10%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 130

iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

2018:
- Paul George
- 1 year deals on guys who can help win now (maybe Brook or IT)

2019:
- Kawhi ideally but Klay would be awesome too.

2019-2020 Team:
Ball
George
Kawhi
Ingram
Randle

Plus:
- Kuzma
- Zubac
- Hart
- Bryant
- 2018 1st
- 2019 1st
- 2018 2nd
- 2019 Room Exception Vet Center
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject:

One thing I have not heard anyone mention, is the Lakers signing LeBron to a 1 year deal, he may only want to play one more yea, especially after he gets out here to Cali, he may want to pursue other things, he should be worth over $150mil by then.

That way the Lakers could still go after another big name in 2019...!
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

I'm fine with that. Whether it's a 1-year deal or we trade his ass next summer, I'd rather go after Kawhi.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm fine with a number of those combinations. Maybe I'm old school (actually I know I am), but the idea of having good guard play, PG, plus a guy like AD in the middle (injuries aside),... that is really attractive.
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

PG and Kawhi would be mind boggling defensively. I'm just not sure who takes the mantle of #1.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

This starts with the assumption we get PG and I hate to say this but why would he want to join the Lakers when we have a team that is struggling to win 30 games this season. 30 Wins does not sound like a team that needs one more piece to win championships and unfortunately the guys like PG are more interested in winning Championships and to do that they will join teams that are in the playoffs now.

I am curious if in the last 20 years a player that is considered ELITE - ALL STAR level has ever left a team and joined a team with a sub .500 record? Ever since the super teams started to emerge, it seems the teams that want to lure someone over are teams that have .500 record.

Now, imagine if we had not traded JC and Nance away and we hit that .500 threshold this year. We get a guy who adds that Elite star to the lineup and we continuing our improvement which means we start competing with the elite teams next year.

Now we have IT and Frye added to the mix and most likely will be dumped on the "Take me for Free" table or even worse, resigned to the team for a bloated one year contract or god forbid a multi year deal. We then have to float to the next year for a hope at bringing in a FA or two. But if this team continue to win 30 games, we are not going to bring in anyone who sees the other players as a poor choice compared to their own teams players.

Players heading for FA are more likely to join a team like the Spurs for less money than join the Lakers for More Money. Unless we go off the deep end and put in a contract that is crazy high, we are not going to get people to move to LA.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

give me Lebron and Klay
delric
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi & Klay
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject:

It's mind blowing how many people are opposed to LeBron coming to the Lakers. People are chanting for PG at Staples, but you hear people OPPOSING LeBron coming.

LeBron is clearly the best player in the NBA by far. He's the player leading his team to 8 Finals appearances, including 7 in a row.

Is he passive aggressive? Yeah, but so was Kobe. It's just bizarre to me why people wouldn't want the best player. Considering how good GSW will be for the next 3-4 years, there's really no other way to reach the title soon.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

Agree, Lebron should be our top option. I think the chances are slim to none that he comes here, but we should pursue him.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

It’s interesting to see how teaming PG with one of Klay, Kawhi or AD have all been running about even since the poll went up, and all three choices are preferred almost twice as much as Lebron.

As someone who has PG and AD as my top choice, though, I’d be stoked if Lebron came here this summer, although I’d be a little concerned about him wanting to trade some of our young guys.

But maybe that concern is unwarranted. After seeing how JC and Nance look playing with Lebron, how good will BI, Zo, Kuz and Hart look playing off Lebron and PG ? My guess is they’d look great and we’d have a realistic shot at the title in year 2, assuming the young guys keep developing.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Agree, Lebron should be our top option. I think the chances are slim to none that he comes here, but we should pursue him.

I agree!

It really all boils down to how much he enjoys playing for the Cav's Owner, because wherever he plays he is going to get paid and wherever he plays he is NOT going to beat the Warriors.

When he went to the Heat, he did so knowing Bosh was going to be signed as well, if LeBron and PG talk and decide to sign here together, it would make the fans happy and Magic & Rob's jobs a lot easier.

But, I think it is best for Laker fans to approach the off-season with low-expectations, so you won't be too disappointed when the 2018 plan morphs into the 2019 plan..

Last edited by unleasHell on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 9000
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

If I may interrupt. I think LeBron has maybe three great years left. If he and PG come next year the Lakers will probably still lose to the Warriors next year with no guarantee the rest of his prime while the Warriors reign exists.

Or the Lakers could bring in PG and let the young guys improve to see who is making a difference then get AD the following year and get Chip opportunities for many years to come, after the demise of the Warrior run.

While the Klay angle (weakening the Warriors) has a nice jingle to it, I think AD (Health aside) is superior to Klay in so many ways and is younger.

Anthony Davis + PG/Ball/Kuzma/Hart/Zubac/Ingram/Bryant = 10 plus years of greatness while keeping the young core and watching the Laker handpicked youngsters blossom into maturity.

LaBron + PG/Ball/Kuzma/Hart/Zubac/Ingram/Bryant = 2-3 plus years of greatness with a real possibility of gutting the young core to appease LaBron in his pursuit to be GOAT for the short term?

I would rather take the AD rout for long term. But, don’t get me wrong, I would love a scenario that would bring PG, LaBron, Klay, Kawhi or the Greek Freak.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

PG with one of Klay, Kawhi or AD have all been running about even since the poll went up. It’s very consistent.

Approx 75% of the vote between those three has also been consistent.

Last edited by babyskyhook on Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

My ideal FA pairing back in early 2018 was AD and PG.

AD and Lebron ? Even better!!!

So happy this is now reality.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject:

Which of you clippers fans (or Lakers fans without a time machine) voted for those scumbags PG and deuce?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Which of you clippers fans (or Lakers fans without a time machine) voted for those scumbags PG and deuce?

I did. And I just voted for them right now after you bumped this thread.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:

I did. And I just voted for them right now after you bumped this thread.

Stop it!
BabyShark did the major bump.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

I always enjoy reading old predictions

Good times

LeBron will never come here
Anthony Davis will never be a laker

LG is right half the time 50% of the time sometimes

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: