I’m Already Almost On The Fire Vogel Train After This Quote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
realking24 wrote:
Personally think he’s doing a great job so far especially with the personalities he’s dealing with. Not easy. Also way better then Luke.

Kings are a better fit for Luke. Young roster, less pressure to win, no big FA surprises in the off-season, no highly-touted rookie to feel pressured to play, and his ex-teammate Ariza as the team's oldest vet.

The mildly annoying thing is that the Kings in their first exhibition game ran more sophisticated sets than the Lakers did the past three seasons.

They hired that Suns coach who is really good with XO's.

Kosokov?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
realking24 wrote:
Personally think he’s doing a great job so far especially with the personalities he’s dealing with. Not easy. Also way better then Luke.

Kings are a better fit for Luke. Young roster, less pressure to win, no big FA surprises in the off-season, no highly-touted rookie to feel pressured to play, and his ex-teammate Ariza as the team's oldest vet.

The mildly annoying thing is that the Kings in their first exhibition game ran more sophisticated sets than the Lakers did the past three seasons.

Kosokov?

If that's his name. recent Suns coach, bad head coach but a good XO's guy
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
realking24 wrote:

Kosokov?

That's him - Igor. He got effed a bit by the sinkhole that is Phoenix.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
realking24 wrote:

Kosokov?

That's him - Igor. He got effed a bit by the sinkhole that is Phoenix.

Interesting about the Phoenix coach and think Luke can succeed with the Kings.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

The Kings are also a better team with better young players than any Laker team Luke had - and they were playing well before Luke. He has inherited a good competitive young team not build up a bad team with lottery players that need time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The Kings are also a better team with better young players than any Laker team Luke had - and they were playing well before Luke. He has inherited a good competitive young team not build up a bad team with lottery players that need time.

Yes I like their young players. I feel much depends on the development of Bagley
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
No matter what you guys think about Rondo, there's one thing you have to give him - he has experience, and that's invaluable.

This is his 14th year, he's won a championship, he's been to the finals a second time, and the conference finals a third time.

Even if Caruso is better at this point all around, he's still really inexperienced. Rondo should come off the bench during the regular season and only play a certain number of minutes, but come playoff (and hopefully championship) time, he'll be a lot more valuable because he's been there and done that.

This. You need guys like Rondo in the locker room if you're serious about winning a championship. I'm not arguing his on court value. He sucks.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
brock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
brock wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
brock wrote:
Rondo will likely come off the bench. Lebron, AD, Green and Kuz are locks to start. There's plenty of shooting there, so I bet he elects to go with a secondary ball handler and more D. My guess is Avery Bradley.

kuz is not lock to start, mcgee or howard will start at center and ad to the 4, leaves no room for kuzma. Lebron can play point but you need bradley or someone to start to guard opposing pgs.

No love for Kuz at the 3?

Instead of Lebron? Heck no.

Come now. Lebron at the 4.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

brock wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
brock wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
brock wrote:
Rondo will likely come off the bench. Lebron, AD, Green and Kuz are locks to start. There's plenty of shooting there, so I bet he elects to go with a secondary ball handler and more D. My guess is Avery Bradley.

kuz is not lock to start, mcgee or howard will start at center and ad to the 4, leaves no room for kuzma. Lebron can play point but you need bradley or someone to start to guard opposing pgs.

Instead of AD? Heck no
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

brock wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
brock wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
brock wrote:

They're not going to force AD to start at the 5. Surely you know this lol
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Sorry folks, but when I’m right, I’m right.

He’s already proving to be as dumb as Luke. KCP 27 minutes while doing nothing but throw turnovers and getting destroyed by Lou Will and Leonard.

How is it possible that with these last two coaching hires, this organization makes Bryan Scott look like Phil Jackson?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Tbh, I'm more concerned about the coaching staff than Lebron/AD after this one. With all the prehistoric minds supporting Vogel on the bench, and our singular gameplan so far being to dump the ball to AD in the post and see what happens, it hasn't exactly been a ringing endorsement of their collective offensive coaching ability.
golden1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

No strategy at all, it looked like scatter ball, just playground ball, go down and do whatever.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Tbh, I'm more concerned about the coaching staff than Lebron/AD after this one. With all the prehistoric minds supporting Vogel on the bench, and our singular gameplan so far being to dump the ball to AD in the post and see what happens, it hasn't exactly been a ringing endorsement of their collective offensive coaching ability.

Ya that post up plan was painful. Ad shooting 30% from the field is not ez. I also feel that Coaching staff didn’t adjust to the clippers over aggressiveness. It doesn’t help that the only person who can dribble without getting stripped is lebron. I want to see if Cook can attack that pressure. When they are abusing AD bring in Dwight for the love of god. He’s build like a body builder. Don’t just leave AD out there. This one was painful cause I hate the flippers so much.
jguest8849
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Lebron ball won't work against this Clippers team. You need ball movement. An offense consisting of AD and Lebron taking turns pounding the ball for 15 seconds aren't going to beat the better teams.

Defensively I think this team is going to continue to have issues because of a lack of foot speed. I'm really hoping they just ran out of gas and it isn't a sign of things to come.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

He’s already proving to be as dumb as Luke. KCP 27 minutes while doing nothing but throw turnovers and getting destroyed by Lou Will and Leonard.

How is it possible that with these last two coaching hires, this organization makes Bryan Scott look like Phil Jackson?

I'm not really trying to defend Vogel but let's be honest, we need to play KCP that much- at least til Kuz comes back. We have no one else really unless you slide DG up which gives mins to KCP.

Right now, KCP is our back up 3 and 2. Blame FO for not putting together a balanced roster.

McGee, Dwight, Boogie
AD, Kuzma, Dudley
LeBron
Green, KCP, Daniels
Bradley, Cook, Rondo, Caruso
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Vogel tries to avoid switches. He's a fan of the soft hedge. But since we lack length on the wings, that's gonna be tough to execute when defending the pick and roll.
Next time we run into the clippers, we might be better off switching as opposed to letting Lou and Kawhi eat us up via on-ball screen. Those guys are deadly 3 level scorers.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Coaching staff looks woeful. I don't think Kidd or whoever is in charge of the offense has the slightest concept of what a modern scheme looks like. Klutch gonna end up canning Vogel, we'll probably be looking at HC Kidd by mid season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Coaching staff looks woeful. I don't think Kidd or whoever is in charge of the offense has the slightest concept of what a modern scheme looks like. Klutch gonna end up canning Vogel, we'll probably be looking at HC Kidd by mid season.

Would rather have Phil Handy tbh. Seems to be the only guy not stuck in the past but also not fair to Vogel. Guys missed shots, were sloppy, and missed rotations.

Some bad scheming in general but can't see him getting fired this year.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I'm not really trying to defend Vogel but let's be honest, we need to play KCP that much- at least til Kuz comes back. We have no one else really unless you slide DG up which gives mins to KCP.

Right now, KCP is our back up 3 and 2. Blame FO for not putting together a balanced roster.

McGee, Dwight, Boogie
AD, Kuzma, Dudley
LeBron
Green, KCP, Daniels
Bradley, Cook, Rondo, Caruso

Vogel has 3 major gaps on this roster.

AD wants to be a 4, but Dwight and McGee aren't good 5's to pair him with. Need a stretch 5 or a low post threat at the 5 to help space the floor or make teams pay for going small. McGee and Dwight can be guarded with smalls essentially. Cousins injury really screwed this team.

No true SF. He would be better off putting Dudley on the bigger small forwards and have them drive into size instead of KCP or Daniels.

No perimeter scorer. Everyone is one dimensional - if we only had Lou.

Even with this issues, his rotations tonight and playing time decisions were pretty bad. He needed Bradley to play more and to play with the 2nd unit.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Despite the flaws it was really the 2nd quarter that killed us. We held them under 30 in every quarter but gave up 40 in the 2nd with Kawhi going off. Hold them under 30 in that quarter and we win by 1 despite the empty offense in the 4th.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Only thing that bugged me was Howard being out of sync offensively for much of the game yet McGee was still not getting put in. Least 3 bad possessions.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: I’m Already Almost On The Fire Vogel Train After This Quote

Megaton wrote:
Quote:
It's going to be important that we stagger Rajon and LeBron," Vogel said. "And let each of them have their turn running the show. Being the primary ball handler out there. And obviously, they're going to play a ton together as well. But staggering those guys is on my mind as well.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27762112/lakers-experiment-lebron-1-davis-5

....Are you kidding me? Giving Rondo significant playing time is a joke enough as it is (considering he was also statistically the worst point guard in the league last season, but hey what do I know?). Playing him together a lot with Lebron? Like Luke did last season? Has this organization learned freaking nothing?

Literally any starting lineup this roster can come up with is better than having Rondo in it. Having him together with Lebron when we need...I don’t know...SHOOTING!? Even a little defense maybe? Possibly? Even in that Lakers scrimmage video recently released I cringed at Rondo’s wide open bricks.

This is scary, and preseason hasn’t even started yet.

IN all honesty, his actually 100% correct. I just stated in another thread how LBJ manning the point or point forward spot will be a lot to handle...
Everyone needs to understand there is a difference between bringing the ball up the floor and actually being a Point Guard.

I know we all like to think just because LBJ can bring it up make a pass and score makes him a legit PG, but it doesn't. He was too indecisive, over-passed, made bad decisions and couldn't get the team into a flow.

50/50 with the coaching and execution. Rondo would have been a huge contribution in that game against the Clippers with his management of the team on the floor.

I'm not willing to fire him from that statement because to a degree it's accurate. However as a coach you have to make in-game adjustments and the Lakers 'DID-NOT' while the Clippers did all game long. Doc out-coached them and the Clippers out-played the Lakers and that's why they won!

Next time we play them, Rondo will have to run the point and keep LBJ off the Ball... LBJ on one Block and AD on another if they want to play block to block, but the ball has to move freely and the team has to be in a flow and not stagnant in order to have a chance against the Clippers!
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:

It looked like something from the 1990's with all the post ISO's for Davis The rotations looked very similar to Walton's.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject:

Lots of work to do, coach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: