Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 801, 802, 803 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Yes, it was because of injury concerns.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

*Le sigh*

Hope it's just a grade 1
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Doom and gloom is already starting.

I know I am not always Mr. Sunny around these parts (in my defense I have almost forgotten what it is like for the Lakers to be in the playoffs) but honestly, an injury to AD in the 2nd pre season game?

It is hard to spin that with a lot of sunshine even if you are Dale Carnegie
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

People are surprised?

AD goes to the locker room once every 3-4 games.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
People are surprised?

He can go to the locker room every 10 seconds, just as long as the injury is minor.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
People are surprised?

He can go to the locker room every 10 seconds, just as long as the injury is minor.

Yup. But we should have known this the moment he became a Laker. It is part of the package.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
People are surprised?

Yup. But we should have known this the moment he became a Laker. It is part of the package.

Good thing the other part of the package were the injury prone players we cashed in on.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm worried that AD is going to blame this injury on the fact that he started at the 5
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
People are surprised?

Good thing the other part of the package were the injury prone players we cashed in on.

Ha. True.

It’s just hard to tell with AD. Sometimes its a legit injury and other times its like huh?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
People are surprised?

We will find out tomorrow.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
The Lakers had to know the potential is very high for an AD injury. Not JUST because he's injury-prone -- but he's a big man playing a small guard's game. Add in LeBron's declining (yet already limited) skill set and it's starting to become clear for people to see where this team will live and die.

The trade for AD is what you do for a durable transcendent super star. The Lakers screwed themselves. 60 games a year is what we traded ALL of our depth and draft picks for. So disgusted.

And to add to insult... The Pelicans are going to run us into the ground each and every time we play them.

Over the course of his career, AD has played in more games per season than any of Lonzo, BI, or Hart.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Just a sprain. One week to recover tops. He'll be ready for opening night.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Just a sprain. One week to recover tops. He'll be ready for opening night.

I'd love to be this optimistic but we should at least wait for the MRI results....opening night is 10 days away and early estimate suggest 2-3 weeks minimum recovery time.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
The Lakers had to know the potential is very high for an AD injury. Not JUST because he's injury-prone -- but he's a big man playing a small guard's game. Add in LeBron's declining (yet already limited) skill set and it's starting to become clear for people to see where this team will live and die.

The trade for AD is what you do for a durable transcendent super star. The Lakers screwed themselves. 60 games a year is what we traded ALL of our depth and draft picks for. So disgusted.

And to add to insult... The Pelicans are going to run us into the ground each and every time we play them.

AD is only 26 and is a top 5 player in the league. It's still early but i'd rate him behind Duncan and right up there with the KGs/Malones/Barkely's of PFs. He will be one of the best ever power forwards if he remains healthy.

The trade was of equal value but yeah I can agree with the part that we have no depth left on the team...especially at the guard position.

For me... AD is definitely not one of those guys. Especially Malone. I don't have a big guy of that caliber to compare AD to. If I had to pick a player -- it would be Tracy McGrady.

Naw. Even McGrady could consistently get his team to the playoffs, and he had some crap teams too. Top 5 players aren't consistently missing the playoffs and losing the majority of their games.

I agree with the poster that said the best comparison is likely Gasol.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

AD is only 26 and is a top 5 player in the league. It's still early but i'd rate him behind Duncan and right up there with the KGs/Malones/Barkely's of PFs. He will be one of the best ever power forwards if he remains healthy.

The trade was of equal value but yeah I can agree with the part that we have no depth left on the team...especially at the guard position.

For me... AD is definitely not one of those guys. Especially Malone. I don't have a big guy of that caliber to compare AD to. If I had to pick a player -- it would be Tracy McGrady.

Naw. Even McGrady could consistently get his team to the playoffs, and he had some crap teams too.
Top 5 players aren't consistently missing the playoffs and losing the majority of their games.

we talking about in the East with the Magic?
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

I really hope AD is good to go on opening night. Seems like a lot of fans don't truly understand how good he is yet.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Grade 1 sprain ... 7-10 days. He will be fine
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I mean it’s not like Lonzo and BI missed 30+ games last year right?

The inconvenient truth.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Naw. Even McGrady could consistently get his team to the playoffs, and he had some crap teams too. Top 5 players aren't consistently missing the playoffs and losing the majority of their games.

Gasol has a lot of regular season success. By his 3rd year, he had the Grizzles in the playoffs and they went 50-32, he then went 45-37 and 49-33.

The Grizzles then fell off the map after he missed the beginning of the 2007 season with a foot injury.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:56 am    Post subject:

The Grizzlies also got swept every single time they made the playoffs. Pau didn't win his first playoff game until he was a Laker. AD led a team that swept Damian Lilliard and the Blazers.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:02 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I'm worried that AD is going to blame this injury on the fact that he started at the 5

Which means you haven't been listening. "Not playing the 5" (in his and the Lakers' own words) means not banging with traditional 5's in the paint on a full-time basis. He got his injury by hitting his finger on the backboard after blocking a shot. That has nothing to do with playing the 5. Caruso could get the same injury on the same kind of play.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:46 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
The Grizzlies also got swept every single time they made the playoffs. Pau didn't win his first playoff game until he was a Laker.
AD led a team that swept Damian Lilliard and the Blazers.

So soon we forget.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject:

Pau Gasol??? Wow. That is one horrible comp for Anthony Davis.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Judah wrote:
The Grizzlies also got swept every single time they made the playoffs. Pau didn't win his first playoff game until he was a Laker.
AD led a team that swept Damian Lilliard and the Blazers.

So soon we forget.

Exactly. Not sure why some are working so hard to tear this guy down.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

Wait? This guy is already dinged up? Come on man. Not surprised though, he hits the floor hard every 2 minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 801, 802, 803 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 802 of 1425
Jump to: