2019 College Football Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

I’ll still pick LSU as the best jersey, but that’s good.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I could see teams preferring Burrow at #1 overall to Tua. Burrow looks the part of a pure pocket-passing QB to me. I could see a team like Cincinnati preferring him to Tua, for example. I'm not sure what Miami thinks.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

why is Jalen not considered an 1st Round type of prospect? I keep seeing this guy make beautiful pass after beautiful pass, but it seems the narrative that he can't pass still sticks.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
why is Jalen not considered an 1st Round type of prospect? I keep seeing this guy make beautiful pass after beautiful pass, but it seems the narrative that he can't pass still sticks.

Lamar went 32nd overall. I can see Hurts going in the 1st.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

At this point, I expect that OU quarterbacks are going to start getting discounted as system QBs.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Texas just scored early in the 4th to take the lead on Kansas...yes Kansas.....in Austin!

Texas - 31
Kanas - 24

4th 13:40
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

How did Vandy take out Missouri? I am more shocked about that game than I am Wisconsin and Illinois. I thought Missouri had an outside shot at getting to the SEC Championship game.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Texas just scored early in the 4th to take the lead on Kansas...yes Kansas.....in Austin!

Texas - 31
Kanas - 24

4th 13:40

Tied @ 40 with 3:30 left in 4thQ
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Kansas scores with 1:11 left in 4th....down by 1 point and go for 2.....and they got it!!!!

Kansas - 48
Texas - 47

1:11 4thQ
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Kansas scores with 1:11 left in 4th....down by 1 point and go for 2.....and they got it!!!!

Kansas - 48
Texas - 47

1:11 4thQ

crap Texas wins with a walk off FG.....

Kansas - 48
Texas - 50
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Penn State will escape with the 28-21 win over Michigan....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Tua left the game with a leg injury...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Tua left the game with a leg injury...

early diagnosis is a high ankle sprain...out 2 weeks.

Week 9 - vs. Arkansas (have lost last 15 SEC games)
Week 10 - Bye

Week 11 - LSU - Tua returns.

Need anymore evidence that God is a 'Bama fan?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

Like a lot of people, I began playing sports when I was 5 years old and continued playing football through college playing my last game shortly before I turned 23 years old. I was more fortunate than most in that I never suffered any real serious injuries. I got nicked up and played my Junior season in college with severe shin splints and hairline fractures in my lower legs....all minor to the countless broken bones, ripped up knees, and smashed collarbones I saw around me.

After college, I spent a lot of my 20's/30's in the gym adopting reckless habits chasing fractions of an inch on the circumference of limbs and 10 lb. increments in lifts. All around me I saw biceps and quadriceps ripped off the bones, deformed pectoral muscles and ligaments/tendons chewed up as collateral damage. I somehow avoided all of this. The worst injury I suffered was a torn liner in my lower abdomen which required no mesh, no surgery and just about 6 months to repair itself.

Again, never felt special, but always recognized I was lucky. The luck almost got me through my dad duties, but my luck ran out this weekend. I was transporting the large cooler for my daughters high school dance team at the local football game. For the record, I hate dealing with this cooler because although it rolls, the handle is not telescopic and requires someone my height to slightly bend when rolling which kills a nerve my lower back. To avoid the pain buildup in my back, I just switch hands/arms about every 30 yards. On Friday night as I went to switch hands behind my back, I felt multiple pops which felt like tearing and muscle separation within my shoulder....followed by excruciating pain in my shoulder. I quickly realized I could not lift a pencil with my left arm, nor could I remove my left arm from a somewhat fetal position tucked against my side.

Early diagnosis is a Shoulder Pointer with separation and a partial tear. Have more tests this week to determine how bad the tear is, and if there was also a SLAP tear. The good news is if it is a only a partial tear as it looks to be, it should be able to repair itself within a couple months if rested with physical therapy. The bad news is I am getting old.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

Week 8 rankings.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Early diagnosis is a Shoulder Pointer with separation and a partial tear. Have more tests this week to determine how bad the tear is, and if there was also a SLAP tear. The good news is if it is a only a partial tear as it looks to be, it should be able to repair itself within a couple months if rested with physical therapy. The bad news is I am getting old.

You really need a better story for this. It's okay. Really. You can tell everyone about the gator that got into your backyard, and how you had to wrestle it barehanded. Everyone will nod along and think, "Must have been dad duty."
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

You really need a better story for this. It's okay. Really. You can tell everyone about the gator that got into your backyard, and how you had to wrestle it barehanded. Everyone will nod along and think, "Must have been dad duty."

everyone that knows me would also know I am stricken with fear even seeing a small garter snake and I can't even hold that baby gator (extra large lizard) at the local zoo that kids take pictures with near the entrance.....so nobody is buying a reptile story and me. Honestly, I expect the diagnosis with the orthopedic this week to be far better than the original diagnoses. I still can't lift anything and have to hold my arm at a specific angle to avoid pain....but the range has increased and the pain has diminished by 30%ish in 48 hours. People around me are telling me even if it was a small tear, it would be weeks before range increased and pain decreased. The doctor told me the pops/tears I felt were likely "shoulder separation"...which is not shoulder dislocation for whatever that is worth. I guess dislocation is actually removing it from the socket, but separation is simply pulling it down like elastic. Anyway, I am thinking it is going to just be some deep bruising or something. I am extremely weak when it comes to pain tolerance, but it felt like someone stuck a 12 gauge shotgun to my shoulder Friday night.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Getting old is no joke. It doesn't get any better. It's been years since the getting old stage though. Sadly the replay of your injury is more exciting than this most boring of all NCAAF season. I haven't been able to muster enough interest to watch an entire game this season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

^^^it is starting to look just like last season....which was mostly like the season before that and the one before that....just need some new blood in that Top 10. Maybe Oregon gets rolling and can crash the party.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Okay, forget the gator. You stopped off at the local convenience store when three guys burst through the door with guns. Oh, it was no problem disarming them and putting them on the floor. It was all the customers, employees, and cops patting you on the shoulder for saving the day.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Gameday is at South Dakota State University for the game against North Dakota State University. I love when they take a week away from the P5 blueblood matchup to highlight these more regional rivalries. I have a friend that played at SDSU and when he talks about football there and the NDSU rivalry, the passion is on par with Alabama / Auburn or Ohio State / Michigan to those schools / communities.

The sport would be better if we could find our way back to the regional rivalries being more important that being ranked in the Top 25. TCU should care more about beating SMU than beating Texas or Oklahoma in my opinion. It was that way at one time, and the game was more enjoyable.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
OU always inexplicably loses at least one game a year.

Kansas State takes out undefeated Oklahoma!

Oklahoma - 41
Kansas State - 48
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
As South Carolina proved, anything can happen, but right now I just do not see a loss on Clemson or Oklahoma's schedule.

OU always inexplicably loses at least one game a year. They are known for it. Kansas State seems like a good bet this year. There is no way in hell that KSU should beat OU. That's the template.

Here’s the whole thing. Creepy. I wish I’d bought a lottery ticket that day.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Michigan State has now went scoreless for 8 straight quarters. How is their offense always so bad, but they continue to send guys to the NFL? I think it is time to move on from Mark Dantonio.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

LSU 10, Auburn 10 at the half. It's a wet, sloppy field in Baton Rouge. It would seem to me that such a setup favors Auburn.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 15 of 38
Jump to: