🏈OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
49ers trade for Emmanuel Sanders, giving up 2020 3rd and 4th round picks, while Denver will send them back a 2020 5th rounder.

as a 49ers fan I wish they went all in even deeper. They have a ton of cap space going to waste this season that could be used to help a Super Bowl push
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

New England just IR'ed Josh Gordon, surprising the fan base. I cannot say I'm that surprised, as I mentioned on the last page of this thread, Josh Gordon just doesn't look right this season. He's either hiding an injury, or the drug and alcohol abuse finally took a toll on his body. He also looks a tad heavy. I sure hope it's just an injury. I'd love him to prove the Patriots wrong, and resume a productive, successful, drug-free career with another team.

Next they'll trade Michael Bennett to an NFC team for a sixth round pick.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
New England just IR'ed Josh Gordon, surprising the fan base. I cannot say I'm that surprised, as I mentioned on the last page of this thread, Josh Gordon just doesn't look right this season. He's either hiding an injury, or the drug and alcohol abuse finally took a toll on his body. He also looks a tad heavy. I sure hope it's just an injury. I'd love him to prove the Patriots wrong, and resume a productive, successful, drug-free career with another team.

Next they'll trade Michael Bennett to an NFC team for a sixth round pick.

He lost about 4-5 yrs of his prime to suspensions or self help.
He doesn’t have that explosiveness and he looks to be about 10 pounds to heavy.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Stefon Diggs has put the league on notice.....he is an elite NFL receiver.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

FYI he’s been pretty good the past few years
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

They've been feeding him ever since his trade request.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
AD23 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

They've been feeding him ever since his trade request.

yeah, he has taken a step every year since being drafted out of Maryland, but this year he has solidified himself as a WR#1 level receiver.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

Devante Adams is a b**ch. not playing again because of your toe? CHOP THAT THING THE (bleep) OFF AND GET IN THERE!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/26/former-teammates-fill-in-for-gerald-mccoy-at-sons-senior-night/

Quote:
Former teammates fill in for Gerald McCoy at son’s senior night

Gerald McCoy was cut after nine seasons with the Buccaneers this offseason, but his son remains a football player at Tampa Catholic High School. McCoy, now with the Panthers, couldn’t be there for his son’s senior night on Friday because his new team is already in San Francisco for Sunday’s game against the 49ers. So former teammates stepped up.

According to the Tampa Bay Times, Lavonte David, Donovan Smith, Jameis Winston and Mike Evans were among the Buccaneers players who attended the Tampa Catholic game so that McCoy’s son would have people there for him even if his father couldn’t make it.

“My brothers stepped in for me,” McCoy wrote on Instagram. “I truly love these kats!! Family for life!! It’s bigger than football!!”

McCoy was among the most respected men in the locker room in Tampa Bay, and that hasn’t changed now that he’s in Carolina.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/26/former-teammates-fill-in-for-gerald-mccoy-at-sons-senior-night/

Quote:
Former teammates fill in for Gerald McCoy at son’s senior night

Gerald McCoy was cut after nine seasons with the Buccaneers this offseason, but his son remains a football player at Tampa Catholic High School. McCoy, now with the Panthers, couldn’t be there for his son’s senior night on Friday because his new team is already in San Francisco for Sunday’s game against the 49ers. So former teammates stepped up.

According to the Tampa Bay Times, Lavonte David, Donovan Smith, Jameis Winston and Mike Evans were among the Buccaneers players who attended the Tampa Catholic game so that McCoy’s son would have people there for him even if his father couldn’t make it.

“My brothers stepped in for me,” McCoy wrote on Instagram. “I truly love these kats!! Family for life!! It’s bigger than football!!”

McCoy was among the most respected men in the locker room in Tampa Bay, and that hasn’t changed now that he’s in Carolina.

I hate that McCoy is no longer a Buc. Wish he would have been more open to renegotiating his contract to a similar amount that he got from Carolina and we ended up giving Suh. McCoy was the heartbeat of the team for years.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

I am so tired of the Bucs losing games each week that they clearly should win
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

That Colts/Broncos game was a bit too close for my taste.. if the Broncos had an offense they would be a contender.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

(after the Guy pick)

Anyone watching the NE game?
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Eh.... can't wait for Brady to retire. Will he ever???

Bye.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

This is the worst NFL weekend I can remember in recent times. Lopsided matchups, uninteresting matchups, and an injury ruining the late game tonight. And then there's the Steelers and Dolphins on MNF.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Deshaun Watson has to be close to if not at the top of the league for dropped passes.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

What a play by Deshaun!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
(after the Guy pick)

Anyone watching the NE game?

Waiting for OB Jr to explode. Baker Mayfield is so overrated.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
This is the worst NFL weekend I can remember in recent times. Lopsided matchups, uninteresting matchups, and an injury ruining the late game tonight. And then there's the Steelers and Dolphins on MNF.

Yeah that sums it up.

The Pacers play tomorrow night but they suck to.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Watson playing with one eye shut.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
SportsCenter
@SportsCenter

Breaking: J.J. Watt announced on Twitter that he’ll be out for the season after tearing his pectoral muscle on Sunday.

8:20 PM ¡ Oct 27, 2019

Quote:
JJ Watt
@JJWatt

This game can be beautiful and it can also be brutal. Absolutely gutted that I won’t be able to finish the season with my guys and give the fans what they deserve. I truly love this game and can’t stand letting you guys down. Thank you for all of the thoughts & well-wishes.

8:12 PM ¡ Oct 27, 2019
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Rodgers with the over the shoulder TD pass.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

With Mahomes the Chiefs would've won this game they kept it real close with the Packers more than I thought they would.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
With Mahomes the Chiefs would've won this game they kept it real close with the Packers more than I thought they would.

They're fortunate to be in the AFC West.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

They're fortunate to be in the AFC West.

Assuming that Mahomes gets back to close to full health for the playoffs, they are the only team in the AFC that can beat the Patriots, I think. I also am guessing that Mahomes plays next week.

Watson is really something special. Is he perfect? Not quite, but man, is he good. JJ Watt is breaking down though, as this will be 3 of the past 4 seasons in which he's ended the year on IR. Their D is leaky and will be all the more leaky without him going forward. (No Clowney, of course, also.)

Indy plays it close to the vest; every game they've played so far has been decided by 7 points or fewer. That's definitely the best roster top-to-bottom in the AFC South, but I don't see them running away with it.

The 49ers defense is incredible this year. Bosa has been exactly as advertised as a pass-rushing game-wrecker. It should be quite easy for the Panthers to go back to Newton next week after that game today.

The Browns are an absolute dumpster fire offensively, and Freddie Kitchens doesn't appear equal to the task as a head coach. There was more bad play-calling, another bad challenge, and I think a play late in the game encapsulates their offense this year so far. On 4th and 11 late in the game, down by 14 in their own territory, Kitchens sent the punting unit out, for some reason. With the play clock winding down, he apparently realized that, oops, we can't punt here if we don't want to concede the game...so they intentionally took a delay of game penalty to make it 4th and 16, and put the offense back on the field. And on 4th and 16, Mayfield took something like a 15-yard sack where it looked like Keystone Cops on the play. Much like Steve Wilks was a one-and-done because he looked utterly overwhelmed as a head coach last year in Arizona, I'm thinking that the same fate is about to befall Mr. Kitchens.

And I know that Atlanta lost again, but who saw Matt Schaub throwing for over 450 yards in an NFL game in the year 2019?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 22 of 76
Jump to: