Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Nationals in 6.

Same here. They're just peaking right now. I know it's a different sport, but they remind me of the NY Giants when they won the 2 Superbowls during the Eli/Coughlin era. Just peaking at the right time and everything is clicking, despite their underdog status. Just have a gut feeling. Or maybe the Nats gets slaughtered.

It would also take away some of the disappointment that the Dodgers lost, thinking that if the Nats win, Dodgers fans can say they lost to the 2019 WS champs in a very close series!
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

4stargeneralbulldog wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Nationals in 6.

Same here. They're just peaking right now. I know it's a different sport, but they remind me of the NY Giants when they won the 2 Superbowls during the Eli/Coughlin era. Just peaking at the right time and everything is clicking, despite their underdog status. Just have a gut feeling. Or maybe the Nats gets slaughtered.

It would also take away some of the disappointment that the Dodgers lost, thinking that if the Nats win, Dodgers fans can say they lost to the 2019 WS champs in a very close series!

That’s the way I’m thinking about it. Go Nats.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Nationals in 6.

I will go with Astros in 6. It is not a preference, just how I expect it to go down. I am hoping the Nationals stay hot and can make the series/games mostly a push each night. My second pick would be the Astros in 5.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

My predictions have been wrong all of October so I wanna pick the Astros so that they lose. Astros in 4.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

As I said before, I have no idea how this will go down. The Nats team from the past three weeks is not playing like the Nats team from the first 162 games. Is that real or is it just a October fluke? We're about to find out.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Nationals in 6.

Whoa. Any reasons why you think they'll pull off the upset? Is it the whole peaking/scorching at the right time?

Part of it is that, but I just really like their starting pitching, and I actually think they have the advantage in Game 3 with Corbin vs. Greinke. If they get the split in the first 2 games, I think they go up 2-1 and then have a real shot to be up 3-2. Maybe I'm being too optimistic on the Nationals, but I know that I would not be comfortable as a bettor paying the Astros' odds. The better value play is on the Nats for sure, IMO.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

I know virtually nothing about baseball

Irregardless: Astros in 5 -- take it to the bank
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Nationals in 6.

Whoa. Any reasons why you think they'll pull off the upset? Is it the whole peaking/scorching at the right time?

Part of it is that, but I just really like their starting pitching, and I actually think they have the advantage in Game 3 with Corbin vs. Greinke. If they get the split in the first 2 games, I think they go up 2-1 and then have a real shot to be up 3-2. Maybe I'm being too optimistic on the Nationals, but I know that I would not be comfortable as a bettor paying the Astros' odds. The better value play is on the Nats for sure, IMO.

I very much want the Nats to win, so I hope your instincts are correct. But, I'm not holding my breath. The Astros are just too good.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Nationals in 6.

I very much want the Nats to win, so I hope your instincts are correct. But, I'm not holding my breath. The Astros are just too good.

I think this is the feeling of the majority of fans that are not fans of either team...Astros won recently and the Nationals are the underdogs. On paper, it probably should not be close, but not sure that matters much at this point. Both teams are fairly likable....should be fun.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Astros up 2-0 after 1.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

has a team ever conceded a game in the world series by putting in their weakest starting pitcher against another team's best pitcher?

Im not a big baseball fan but seems like it could be a valid strategy to have if one team has the best starting pitcher by far but your #1,#2,#3 are clearly above their #2,#3,#4. So instead of wasting your best pitcher in a loss you let them get a win against their #2
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Soto crushes a solo HR off of Cole to tie the game 2-2 in the Top of the 4th.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
has a team ever conceded a game in the world series by putting in their weakest starting pitcher against another team's best pitcher?

Im not a big baseball fan but seems like it could be a valid strategy to have if one team has the best starting pitcher by far but your #1,#2,#3 are clearly above their #2,#3,#4. So instead of wasting your best pitcher in a loss you let them get a win against their #2

not sure conceded is the right word, but the strategy of how to match up pitchers beyond your #1 against their #1 happens all the time. Even tonight, although Scherzer may be considered the ace of the staff, I think Strasburg would have given them the best chance to win....which is probably why they will save him for Game 2 against Verlander who has not been as dominant as of late.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Nationals in 6.

I think this is the feeling of the majority of fans that are not fans of either team...Astros won recently and the Nationals are the underdogs. On paper, it probably should not be close, but not sure that matters much at this point. Both teams are fairly likable....should be fun.

It's sure off to a fun start!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I really don't know what to expect from this series. The Nats are playing at a higher level than they did during the regular season. I understand why we're heavy favorites, but the Lakers were heavy favorites against the Pistons, too.

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Nationals in 6.

People underestimate the Nationals because they didn’t win over 100 games like some other teams and only made it in as a wild card. But they won 93 games after a 19-31 start and that’s difficult to do. They found a closer, and have been able to use starters in relief to hide some bullpen weaknesses. And their pitching staff got some rest after the last series.

I think they are tougher than people think. I would much rather face the Braves or the Cardinals in a series.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Soto with 2 RBI Double to give the Nationals a 5-2 lead in the top of the 5th
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Another thing about the Nationals is they were 2nd in the NL in runs scored, and Cole is finding out how good that offense is tonight.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Damn, they teed off on Cole.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Damn, they teed off on Cole.

they hit him hard a few times....but Scherzer's pitch count is very high
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Nationals have some very good young pieces in their lineup also which should keep them competitive for a while....Turner is 26, Robles is 22 and Soto is only 20.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Nats surprising everyone this game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I really don't know what to expect from this series. The Nats are playing at a higher level than they did during the regular season. I understand why we're heavy favorites, but the Lakers were heavy favorites against the Pistons, too.

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Nationals in 6.

People underestimate the Nationals because they didn’t win over 100 games like some other teams and only made it in as a wild card. But they won 93 games after a 19-31 start and that’s difficult to do. They found a closer, and have been able to use starters in relief to hide some bullpen weaknesses. And their pitching staff got some rest after the last series.

I think they are tougher than people think. I would much rather face the Braves or the Cardinals in a series.

They were the best team in baseball after May I believe....their record is deceiving since they had a terrible start. Sometimes you gotta be hot at the right time and that happens every couple of years in the MLB.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Nationals have some very good young pieces in their lineup also which should keep them competitive for a while....Turner is 26, Robles is 22 and Soto is only 20.

MLB as a whole has a crazy amount of young talent in recent years. Every year, it feels like a new rookie or 2nd year player is in the running for MVP.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

feels like the Astros may have missed their chance in the bottom of the 7th....leaving basis loaded
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

on to the 9th inning with the Nats leading by 1 run.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 22 of 70
Jump to: