ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

I wonder how much money Steve ballmer budgets each year to pay off media personalities to write favorable articles about the clippers. I mean seriously. Who will admit that they like the clippers. Show some (bleep) self respect
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
I wonder how much money Steve ballmer budgets each year to pay off media personalities to write favorable articles about the clippers. I mean seriously. Who will admit that they like the clippers. Show some (bleep) self respect

They will be good......but dome on....LJ and Davis are top 5 players to say there is this "gap" is well......lol
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Am I crazy to think PG may be traded this year?

If he wasn’t their first choice, possible.

If he has another bad playoff, I would say more likely to be traded than not but that’s during offseason.

I’m thinking if they want a big to match up with AD. Can’t think of who but maybe they want to go bev/sham/KL and use PG to get a larger big man. It sounds impossible right but a PG\montrezz package could get you quite a return IMO.

Montrezl is about to get paid next summer, and George only has one year left on his deal after this season. I’m not sure the Clips could get equal value in such a deal.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Am I crazy to think PG may be traded this year?

If he wasn’t their first choice, possible.

If he has another bad playoff, I would say more likely to be traded than not but that’s during offseason.

Definitely wasn't their first choice. Kawhi tried to recruit every free agent on the market and even James Harden and Bradley Beal but he keeps to himself and doesn't have any friends around the league so he had to settle for PG. The Clippers are blowing smoke up everyone's ass acting like he was their first choice when he wasn't even available until the 11th hour.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

Right? Paul George is OK, had we traded away 5 first round picks or whatever the clips gave up for him, we would have been pilloried in the media. But the clips do it and they are brilliant.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Right? Paul George is OK, had we traded away 5 first round picks or whatever the clips gave up for him, we would have been pilloried in the media. But the clips do it and they are brilliant.

Also imagine if it was AD who was coming off surgery.
Media + fans as a collective are not always the brightest.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Gap was in full display tonight sadly
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

To update this trend

I don’t think a gap exists between the Lakers and Clippers at this point.

The original argument by the reporters was based partly on the premise the Clippers would be superior defensively against the Lakers and right now, the definitely isn’t the case

Additionally the reporters assumed the Kawhi and PG would be the ultimate defensive duo. At this point AD and Lebron seem like the best defensive duo. Than you have Dwight too which the reporters didn’t even consider would be factor

Last edited by lar9149 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
To update this trend

The original argument by the reporters was based partly on the premise the Clippers would be superior defensively against the Lakers and right now, the definitely isn’t the case

Yeah, Lol. That narrative blew up quick
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
To update this trend

Yeah, Lol. That narrative blew up quick

Once PG comes back, the gap will be greater than ever!
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I do think the Clippers have a deeper/more well-rounded team than the Lakers. I think (barring injuries) they will probably end up with the no. 1 seed in the West.

But when it comes to the playoffs which relies heavily on star players, I would rather have the Lakers duo of LeBron and Anthony Davis vs. their duo of Kawhi and PG.

Hopefully a "hallway" series finally happens in the playoffs this year. That would be insane. And it wouldn't matter if the Lakers don't get the no.1 seed for home court advantage because they'd get it either way against the Clippers.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
I do think the Clippers have a deeper/more well-rounded team than the Lakers. I think (barring injuries) they will probably end up with the no. 1 seed in the West.

But when it comes to the playoffs which relies heavily on star players, I would rather have the Lakers duo of LeBron and Anthony Davis vs. their duo of Kawhi and PG.

Hopefully a "hallway" series finally happens in the playoffs this year. That would be insane. And it wouldn't matter if the Lakers don't get the no.1 seed for home court advantage because they'd get it either way against the Clippers.

Lol. So true. That would be a very unique situation haha
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

I still believe the gap is the Lakers bench of certain skills type guys vs. a bunch of versatile, active bodies for the Clippers.

Is that enough to say the Lakers will not beat the clippers? No. However, they can throw more bodies at LBJ and AD, which is going to put a immense pressure on the Lakers 3-7 or 3-8 in any potential playoff series. That’s why the Lakers imo still need Iggy and another PG to help Lebron.

Not confident in shutting Lou/Harrell PnR down until we actually see it. Lou gets them 5 or so ridiculous buckets per game.

Last edited by LakerSD on Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I still believe the gap is the Lakers bench of certain skills type guys vs. a bunch of versatile, active bodies for the Clippers.

Is that enough to say the Lakers will not beat the clippers? No. However, they can throw more bodies at LBJ and AD, which is going to put a immense pressure on the Lakers 3-7 or 3-8 in any potential playoff series. That’s why the Lakers imo still need Iggy and another PG to help Lebron.

Not confident in shutting Lou/Harrell PnR down until we actually see it.

Sweet Lou just puts so much pressure on a second unit’s defense
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Exactly. Like game 1 wasn’t the Lakers best but that clippers victory was heavily influenced by some ridiculous shots he made.

Can’t use it as an excuse though, Kawhi was out for large chunks of game tbh.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Exactly. Like game 1 wasn’t the Lakers best but that clippers victory was heavily influenced by some ridiculous shots he made.

Can’t use it as an excuse though, Kawhi was out for large chunks of game tbh.

Yeah, no room for excuses this year. It seems like we got the horses to make it a real race
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Who did we have guarding Lou in that game? LeBron and AD looked out of sync in that game compared to the following games. I like our chances at giving them a nice ass whooping for a Christmas gift with PG13, so we can shut down the "but they didn't have PG!" bs too.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Who did we have guarding Lou in that game? LeBron and AD looked out of sync in that game compared to the following games. I like our chances at giving them a nice ass whooping for a Christmas gift with PG13, so we can shut down the "but they didn't have PG!" bs too.

Whole team was essentially new on Oct 22 against a team that has played together save KL -- after 6 games the Lakers are starting to gel & have essentially STOPPED all scoring in the paint.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Watching the Clippers after opening night, it seems like they're becoming a grind it out type of team. They're so far playing at a slower pace than us. We've quickly jumped to 17th in pace in just a couple games.

If we make it a quick, uptempo game against the Clippers, that's the best way to overcome their length and preimeter defenders. We played way too slow against them on opening night, and it looked like they pressured the post entry pass.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Whole team was essentially new on Oct 22 against a team that has played together save KL -- after 6 games the Lakers are starting to gel & have essentially STOPPED all scoring in the paint.

Yes I wouldn’t pretty much into the Clipper Lakers first game because the Lakers were still getting acquainted. Plus I don’t think the Lakers are goimg to try to guard Kawhi with KCP again. Personally I think if the Lakers played them now, it would be a different story.

Additionally the we didn’t have PG can be encounters with we didn’t have Kuzma. After seeing last night, it should be fresh in Laker fans his value to the team perhaps the 3rd best player once he is back in form.

Additionally the small sample I have seen the last few games his defense seems improved I saw him guard Alridge quite well and few other players. Not ready to hold my breath on this, but he could be the wing defender we are looking for.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

They didn’t trade 5 picks away for Paul George.

They traded 5 picks away for Paul George and Kawhi Leonard.

Think of a few of those picks as tied to the Kawhi signing. Like Kawhi plus 2 picks and PG for 3 picks.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Think of a few of those picks as tied to the Kawhi signing. Like Kawhi plus 2 picks and PG for 3 picks.

Does that mean we traded Ingram, Zo and Hart for LeBron and AD?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Does that mean we traded Ingram, Zo and Hart for LeBron and AD?

No. Because we already had Lebron in hand either way.

Now, you could say we traded them for AD plus the chance to pair him with Lebron. But that is different.

Clippers arent getting Kawhi without the PG trade. And without Kawhi, they aren’t trading that many future assets plus young player in Shai for Paul George either.

And we’d have Lebron whether we trade for AD or not.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

Take Lebron and AD out and play the Bucks at home. Do the Lakers lose by only 5?

That’s why imo we need to close the gap with some more bench help in the form of solid Wing and PG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

They are playing Trez/Lou a lot of minutes. Lou isn't a spring chicken either (turned 33). Wonder if by load managing KL/PG, they will wear out Lou/Trez.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 12 of 442
Jump to: