First Game, Not The End Of The World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
nickuku wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
it's not the end of the world, but what we saw last night was disturbing.

lbj is a big problem. i feel like for this to work (as in a ring) lbj will have to play differently than he ever has in his career. he cant be the ballhandler, he made mistakes the entire 4th quarter. every finger can be pointed at him, this will never work.

lou destroyed us. when we had him, i was so looking forward to the day we'd have a good team like we do now AND lou. unfortunate.

Its amazing how you grab any opportunity to take shots at Lebron.

go watch the 4th quarter. lebron screwed up every single possession. there are so many people saying the same thing, its not a secret. barkley, shaq said it, its all over the internet. i dont care about taking shots at lakers. lebron sucked. he really truly sucked, and he didnt suck in a way that seemed like out of the ordinary. very disturbing.

Yea it wasn't a typical Lebron game. Now explain the fact that you're trying to pin EVERYTHING on lebron in everyone of your posts despite a multitude of other issues during the game.

Lebron is the
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
nickuku wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ocho wrote:
It’s one game, but where is the answer for Kawhi coming the next time we play? Where’s the answer for Lou/Trez? They’re adding Paul George to that.

They’ve got an answer for LeBron, even if he plays better. They had an answer for Davis last night. If we’re able to add Iguodala it will help with one issue but I’m not sure what we can do about the others. They’re going to be extremely tough to beat.

Keep Danny Green on Kwahi. LeBron on PG.

I think I would switch that around. Kawhi is a bruiser and would manhandle DG over the course of a game. I don't like Lebron chasing PG through screens.

From Darius:

Quote:
A key stat from my write up: Danny Green was on the court w/ Kawhi for 21 minutes. Kawhi shot 4-12 in those minutes & the Clippers were -6. In the 10 minutes Kawhi played when Green was on the bench, he went 7-8 from the floor & the Clippers were +11.

Yeah. Good to see the numbers (though we all saw KCP's televised execution).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

Many have the Clips as the NBA champs.

So we lost to them by 10 in one game. Not the end of the world at all.

It's going to be a long season. If Kawhi is going to play that flawlessly every game, what can you do?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
nickuku wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ocho wrote:
It’s one game, but where is the answer for Kawhi coming the next time we play? Where’s the answer for Lou/Trez? They’re adding Paul George to that.

They’ve got an answer for LeBron, even if he plays better. They had an answer for Davis last night. If we’re able to add Iguodala it will help with one issue but I’m not sure what we can do about the others. They’re going to be extremely tough to beat.

I think I would switch that around. Kawhi is a bruiser and would manhandle DG over the course of a game. I don't like Lebron chasing PG through screens.

From Darius:

Quote:
A key stat from my write up: Danny Green was on the court w/ Kawhi for 21 minutes. Kawhi shot 4-12 in those minutes & the Clippers were -6. In the 10 minutes Kawhi played when Green was on the bench, he went 7-8 from the floor & the Clippers were +11.

Yep. That second quarter was our undoing. Gotta shadow Kawhi with Green going forward.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
nickuku wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

lbj is a big problem. i feel like for this to work (as in a ring) lbj will have to play differently than he ever has in his career. he cant be the ballhandler, he made mistakes the entire 4th quarter. every finger can be pointed at him, this will never work.

lou destroyed us. when we had him, i was so looking forward to the day we'd have a good team like we do now AND lou. unfortunate.

Its amazing how you grab any opportunity to take shots at Lebron.

go watch the 4th quarter. lebron screwed up every single possession. there are so many people saying the same thing, its not a secret. barkley, shaq said it, its all over the internet. i dont care about taking shots at lakers. lebron sucked. he really truly sucked, and he didnt suck in a way that seemed like out of the ordinary. very disturbing.

Yea it wasn't a typical Lebron game. Now explain the fact that you're trying to pin EVERYTHING on lebron in everyone of your posts despite a multitude of other issues during the game.

i think it was a typical lebron game.
the reason why he is to blame for EVERYTHING is very simple:
he brings the ball up on offense, always
he makes the first decision (pass or shoot)
he usually holds the ball doing NOTHING for a long time
then he passes to someone who is covered and most of the time (yesterday) the pass was so bad that either the person was left with a crazy difficult shot or it was straight up turnover. lebron's fault, all of it.
if he shot it, he sucked anyway.

all anyone else can do is find their spot and wait to see what lbj is going to do. it's terrible. its all on him. its not kco, or vogel, or green, or AD. let someone else bring the ball up and we'll see if other people are a problem.

as soon as he went out, the offense got very fluid and we tied the game on like a 15-0 run in a matter of minutes. then he came back in, got ruined again.

this is very easy to see if you watch the game. it doesnt matter what all the box score and everything says, it doesnt show all this, and when you watch you see lebron just making bad plays every single possession. you cant really blame someone for missing shots. thats what we typically do. you have to see what the shooting situation was. missing shots is no big deal. not having room to shoot EVER is a big problem.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
you cant really blame someone for missing shots.

Troy Daniels went 1-5 on 3s. Had some wide open ones.

Cook, 0-3 from 3s. These are our snipers and they missed wide open 3s.

If they hit 3 more 3s collectively, we may win that game. (And KCP went 0-2 from 3 too).
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

That's the problem though if LeBron isn't the ball handler we don't have anybody else to create.
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

Seems like the Clippers have more heart and firepower than us. I can only imagine what their defense will look like when PG is back, we'll have an extremely hard time initiating offense on them. Pelinka poorly constructed the role players on this team other than Danny Green. Point guard is a massive issue that needs to addressed soon. Quinn Cook just won't cut it and you can't play Bron at PG all game it takes away from his flow. Too bad we gave KCP all that money plus a NT clause could've used him as a trade catalyst or just signed a veteran point guard instead this past summer.

As for the coaching, Vogel seems like have some Luke in him with rotations and propensity to run iso post ups. In the third q Danny Green was scorching yet Vogel sat him for the first 5 minutes of the 4th which was absolutely ridiculous. He also went with KCP for 27 minutes even though he provided nothing. I also hated the constant ISO post up plays for AD as if it's 1999 and he's Shaq O'neal.
MrLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

vanexelent wrote:
We need a legit PG and better spacing for AD,on offense, and better chemistry on defense. Guys looked they didn't know where to rotate exactly. Dwight seems uncomfortable out there.

^This! The lack of a true playmaking PG is going to be our downfall. And this is why we should have kept Ball over Kuzma.

Someone else said we lost because it was a lack of motivation by LeBron. I don't necessarily agree with that. I thought the intensity was there, he just missed a bunch of easy shots. If he makes half those shots he missed we win the game.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

If they hit 3 more 3s collectively, we may win that game. (And KCP went 0-2 from 3 too).

Fortunately things tend to average out.
So they should have some good shooting games ahead.
But Green might have a 0-6 clunker down the line
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Sure. but a 1-8 showing from arguably our two top 3 point shooters, there is some blame for that. I can understand going 3-8 or something, but 1-8? If they can't hit wide open 3s what are they good at doing?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Sure. but a 1-8 showing from arguably our two top 3 point shooters, there is some blame for that. I can understand going 3-8 or something, but 1-8? If they can't hit wide open 3s what are they good at doing?

Yea, definitely get blame for that game.
The moment seemed too bright for Troy.
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

MrLaker wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
We need a legit PG and better spacing for AD,on offense, and better chemistry on defense. Guys looked they didn't know where to rotate exactly. Dwight seems uncomfortable out there.

^This! The lack of a true playmaking PG is going to be our downfall. And this is why we should have kept Ball over Kuzma.

Someone else said we lost because it was a lack of motivation by LeBron. I don't necessarily agree with that. I thought the intensity was there, he just missed a bunch of easy shots. If he makes half those shots he missed we win the game.

Hate to be that guy but this team could really use a D'Angelo Russell.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
nickuku wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ocho wrote:

From Darius:

Quote:

During one possession toward the end, Green did something that I always liked to do to guys who try to shake you and go right or left. He stood at Kawhi's right hand and forced him to go left. In the moment I could see that Kawhi had no answer for that and he kept trying to position himself to be able to fake or go right. With 50% of his offense taken away, Kawhi actually looked mortal on that play. If he drove left, just race him to the basket.

They did that to Harden at times last year and it messed him up. I'd like to see a lot more of that against creative offensive players.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

MrLaker wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

We need a point guard.

No way, Lebron can hold up doing that.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

This is supposed to be an "all-in" season......Lebron is old and doesn't have that much time left......AD could bolt at the end of this season......etc.

Yet, what does ownership and mgt do with the coaching hire? Due to issues of money and control, they piss off and do not hire Tyronn Lu. I still think Lu is the better Offensive scheme coach, and Vogel could have been the Defensive coach, which we were told was the original plan. Again, please remind me why Kidd was a forced hire?

Yes, its "only one game", BUT for such an important season, things got screwed up at the beginning. Plus, weaknesses will not magically go away.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

World would still be here if we went 0-82.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

Despite some flashes of good play and an A++++ game of Danny Green, we saw all the LAL weaknesses, predictably exposed.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

MrLaker wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Lonzo wrong type of guard that we need.

Don’t need a PG. Need more of a guard who can score on their own and dish when the play is there.

Think Wade. Kyrie Irving, etc.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Despite some flashes of good play and an A++++ game of Danny Green, we saw all the LAL weaknesses, predictably exposed.

Yup. We were screaming about lack of a bench wing defender.

Lack of playmakers outside of LBJ (and Rondo has his flaws).

Two issues that immediately jumped out.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
World would still be here if we went 0-82.
Go Vikings!
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Many have the Clips as the NBA champs.

So we lost to them by 10 in one game. Not the end of the world at all.

It's going to be a long season. If Kawhi is going to play that flawlessly every game, what can you do?

Lebron's 4th quarter was shades of 2011, that is not going to happen often. 25/10 is considered on off night for AD. Kuz will be a big punch as a 3rd option.. If people are writing us off after that game, I don't mind being the underdog.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
MrLaker wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Lonzo wrong type of guard that we need.

Don’t need a PG. Need more of a guard who can score on their own and dish when the play is there.

Think Wade. Kyrie Irving, etc.

This is why I wouldn't have minded maxing Kyrie or even Dlo if we knew we were out of the Kawhi race. Imagine the PnR options we would have with a 3 headed monster like that.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

they didn't have PG

danny green will probably never play this well ever again

vogel is bad

KCP is worse

idk man it's not looking great

koozy and iggy are our only hopes, frankly
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:

You can circle back now. In a month or in April.

These sorts of assertions don't carry much weight since if the Lakers are playing lights out you win because your a fan, and if they are terrible you win because you can say "I told you so." There has to be some sort of wager if the Lakers are good like you turn in your Lakers card, or jump into to freezing Lake, or ban yourself for a month.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: