OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3749, 3750, 3751 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
Villain6Activated wrote:
Man if only Darren Collison didn't randomly retire smh

Pelinka needs to be calling and texting him everyday to come back and play for us. He'd be the perfect PG that this team desperately needs

If Rob agreed to convert to becoming a JW, maybe Darren could strike a deal?
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

We should pick up Lance. He has familiarity and would at least bring some fire to the game. He could guard wings better than KCP as well.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Having 8 guards (only 1 who can guard SFs), and basically 0 depth at wing defense after LBJ is going to haunt us until we fix it. Sigh. Such a preventable mess.

What we're they thinking? It means a lot when armchair GMS like you and I see obvious team needs and the front office doesn't.

I was screaming for Hollis-Jefferson and Sefolosha for the minimum to be wing defenders until Iguodala comes.

I was screaming for a guy like Trey Burke or Derrick Rose instead of Rondo and Cook.

I'm nearly convinced Pelinka and Co. don't know what they're doing.

Signing Dudley made sense. I get it. But the other moves (short of Bradley and Daniels) didn't.

How can me and you see these gaping needs but the front office can't?

As soon as Davis came, I saw the need for a third scorer who could get his own and shoot catch and shoot jumpers. Also, damn near everyone on this board saw that this team was in dire need of tall wing defenders, that they were relying completely on James, Pope, and Dudley to defend the SFs of the league.

What the hell were they thinking?

Note: All isn't lost. This team will still be good, but not nearly as good as they could've been if built properly.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. I was screaming all FA for them to get a wing defender. We have too many guys who can only defend guard positions, and some who are so small they can only defend PG sized players.

There were a plethora of 6'7-6'9 sized younger defenders that were available but eschewed them for a stable of 6'-6'4 sized guards. Why???
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Yeah. I was screaming all FA for them to get a wing defender. We have too many guys who can only defend guard positions, and some who are so small they can only defend PG sized players.

There were a plethora of 6'7-6'9 sized younger defenders that were available but eschewed them for a stable of 6'-6'4 sized guards. Why???

Agreed
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
We should pick up Lance. He has familiarity and would at least bring some fire to the game. He could guard wings better than KCP as well.

I was hoping we could bring him back because of his relationship with Vogel but Lance signed a 1yr/$4 million contract to play in China this summer. That's a lot more than the Lakers could pay him.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Having 8 guards (only 1 who can guard SFs), and basically 0 depth at wing defense after LBJ is going to haunt us until we fix it. Sigh. Such a preventable mess.

What we're they thinking? It means a lot when armchair GMS like you and I see obvious team needs and the front office doesn't.

I was screaming for Hollis-Jefferson and Sefolosha for the minimum to be wing defenders until Iguodala comes.

I was screaming for a guy like Trey Burke or Derrick Rose instead of Rondo and Cook.

Signing Dudley made sense. I get it. But the other moves (short of Bradley and Daniels) didn't.

As soon as Davis came, I saw the need for a third scorer who could get his own and shoot catch and shoot jumpers. Also, damn near everyone on this board saw that this team was in dire need of tall wing defenders, that they were relying completely on James, Pope, and Dudley to defend the SFs of the league.

Note: All isn't lost. This team will still be good, but not nearly as good as they could've been if built properly.

love you joe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

100% agreed. This team is still very good. Still championship worthy. But this team could have been substantially better. I like the Green, Dudley, Cook, McGee, Daniels and Boogie* signings. But giving KCP that money was short sighted. Even if you want to show loyalty to Klutch, how bout show loyalty to it's most important clients: LeBron and AD. We lack the following areas:

a young energy big (Jordan Bell)
3 & D sg/sf (Matthews, Shumpert, Seflosha)
young wing defenders (Stanley, RHJ)
an attacking guard (Rose, Rivers)
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

I always felt Lance was a better (but older) version of KCP all along.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

So, what would be the breaking point to give up that 1st rounder memphis want for Iggy?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
So, what would be the breaking point to give up that 1st rounder memphis want for Iggy?

When do we have one that is tradeable? 3003?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:

When do we have one that is tradeable? 3003?

that's for Bronny's grandson
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Melo?
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Melo?

Kyle Alexander Kuzma
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Melo?

Derrick Rose or Trey Burke instead of Cook and Rondo would've been enough.

I'm all for Melo if Kuzma is traded though, but he won't fill any current needs.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Can Kostas guard wings? He’s an athletic 6’10”

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Can Kostas guard wings? He’s an athletic 6’10”

negatory
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

I am all for any player who is not KCP. Lance, sure- as long as it means we are getting rid of KCP.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

.4 wrote:
al242 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Melo?

Kyle Alexander Kuzma

Yup, can't wait till Kuz is back!
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

100% agreed. This team is still very good. Still championship worthy. But this team could have been substantially better. I like the Green, Dudley, Cook, McGee, Daniels and Boogie* signings. But giving KCP that money was short sighted. Even if you want to show loyalty to Klutch, how bout show loyalty to it's most important clients: LeBron and AD. We lack the following areas:

a young energy big (Jordan Bell)
3 & D sg/sf (Matthews, Shumpert, Seflosha)
young wing defenders (Stanley, RHJ)
an attacking guard (Rose, Rivers)

Incompetence at the high level for sure, we'll see if they can fix it quickly.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Boston’s new $100M Man tonight:

8pts
7reb
0ast
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Boston’s new $100M Man tonight:

8pts
7reb
0ast

Well played Danny...well played
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

With all the extensions going on....BI gonna get PAID next year
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Letting go of randle, giving zubac away, resigning kcp, only 1 freakin wing defender this offseason. F Pelinka! F Magic!
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Why not go get justin anderson? Hes available. Melo? Joe johnson? can we ship kcp for ariza?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3749, 3750, 3751 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3750 of 8560
Jump to: