Rotations Once Rondo and Koozy are Back
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Rotations Once Rondo and Koozy are Back

What would you do? I would go:

Starting:

Caruso
Green
Koozy
LBJ
AD

Bench:

Rondo (assuming, nervously, that he will play with AD and not with LBJ)
Daniels/Bradley (depends on matchup, who has the hot hand that game, etc)
McGee/Howard (same as Daniels/Bradley, essentially)

nobody else should play

Closing Lineup:

Bradley
Green
Koozy
LBJ
AD

This is also assuming that we stagger things appropriately, i.e., making sure that the bench is not completely without playmaking (hence giving Rondo minutes) and scoring (AD and Koozy should remain in after LBJ sits, for e.g.), etc.

I think this is the best way to go with the roster the way it is. I also don't really see the need for any additions other than Iggy, who would probably start in place in Koozy IMO and would close instead of Bradley or Koozy. If we sign Iggy I would also relegate someone else to the bench permanently, as I don't like the idea of a more than 10 man rotation even in the regular season - ideally we would drop it down to 8 or 9 in the playoffs as well.

Another thing I keep reminding myself of is that this is a team built for the playoffs, not the regular season necessarily. I think we should shoot for the 4th seed and no higher. That would give us HC in the first round and possibly second (or WCF, should things go well) depending on where the Clips end up. But the way things are going the Clips are probably going to finish in a higher seed than us.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Lebron said: "Having AD at the 5 gives more space for our guards. It opens up a lot of lanes."

I rather start him there, blow teams out and rest him. Teams will be forced to down size or will get smoked. Daniels can give you 20 points in a hurry, we need him for those little runs he and green go on.

Anyways:

PG.Daniels
SG.Green
SF.Kuzma
PF.LeBron
C.Davis

team USA ball

start developing norvell as a 6th man
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Opening with AD at 4:
Caruso or AB
Green
Lebron
AD
JaVale or Dwight

Opening with AD at 5:
Caruso
Green or AB
Green or Kuz (if Green at 2)
Lebron
AD

Closing (traditional centers rarely play):
Caruso/AB
Green
Kuz
Lebron
AD

Rotation - Potential groupings:

Caruso/Lebron
Rondo/AD
Green/KCP/Daniels
Cook/Dwight

Kuzma can play with anyone imo.
Let’s get Norvell minutes. He has potential.

Last edited by LakerSD on Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Lebron said: "Having AD at the 5 gives more space for our guards. It opens up a lot of lanes."

I rather start him there, blow teams out and rest him. Teams will be forced to down size or will get smoked. Daniels can give you 20 points in a hurry, we need him for those little runs he and green go on.

Anyways:

PG.Daniels
SG.Green
SF.Kuzma
PF.LeBron
C.Davis

team USA ball

tbh I don't know much about norvell so I can't really comment on him

but my only qualm with that starting lineup is that it doesn't have enough ballhandling and defense - I consider Caruso an upgrade over Daniels in both of those regards

not having enough ballhandling means more wear and tear for LBJ, which is too risky IMO

I do have a similar lineup to yours as my closing lineup, and I wouldn't be opposed to someone else - like Daniels - closing instead of Bradley. But it would depend on the matchup, i.e., do we need Bradley's defense.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:

Anyways:

PG.Daniels
SG.Green
SF.Kuzma
PF.LeBron
C.Davis

team USA ball

tbh I don't know much about norvell so I can't really comment on him

but my only qualm with that starting lineup is that it doesn't have enough ballhandling and defense - I consider Caruso an upgrade over Daniels in both of those regards

not having enough ballhandling means more wear and tear for LBJ, which is too risky IMO

I do have a similar lineup to yours as my closing lineup, and I wouldn't be opposed to someone else - like Daniels - closing instead of Bradley. But it would depend on the matchup, i.e., do we need Bradley's defense.

If we go against the clippers Caruso will be defended by Beverly and Caruso is an on the ball player. With daniels Beverly's defense is almost useless as Troy moves like JJ redick. Daniels, alongside Green enhances our offense by a million. Imagine having two magnets under the rim in lebron and davis and outside 2 40% shooters waiting for the kick out.

The coach said yesterday

"he pulls his own weight on defense and on offense he is the type of guy you want around LBJ and Davis bcuz of his gravity".

and Norvell got game... You will see.

Last edited by scout0_0 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Norvell makes some erratic decisions, including poor shot selections, and won't get the benefit of the doubt with calls, even if he's an offensive threat.

As long as the closing lineup is Caruso, Green, Kuzma, LeBron, AD, everything is fine.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Norvell makes some erratic decisions, including poor shot selections, and won't get the benefit of the doubt with calls, even if he's an offensive threat.

As long as the closing lineup is Caruso, Green, Kuzma, LeBron, AD, everything is fine.

we have 80 games to helping him out. At least he has the talent and ability to do things other players here cant do.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

we have 80 games to helping him out. At least he has the talent and ability to do things other players here cant do.

No one can control rate of learning and implementation.

Especially, considering he's had these issues for years at Gonzaga.

Last edited by Mike@LG on Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I have most faith in this lineup. Hopefully politics don’t get in the way.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

of course but I believe enough in his talent and learning ability to trust him with 22 mpg.. let him make mistake. Even if we lose a few games but by the playoffs I will have someone who can come off the bench and attempt to do 10% of what Lou william does that no1 here can do. Hes a good shooter also.

he is 21 and looks better than a lot of players
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

of course but I believe enough in his talent and learning ability to trust him with 22 mpg.. let him make mistake. Even if we lose a few games but by the playoffs I will have someone who can come off the bench and attempt to do 10% of what Lou william does that no1 here can do. Hes a good shooter also.

"Belief" and actual is very different.

scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

"Belief" and actual is very different.

Of course but what is the actual? Last time we saw him play in preseason he was impressive. So far the judgement is in his favor. He is showing signs kuzma showed.

He checks all the boxes in my book but hey i'm not a pro scout... just my opinion.
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

We saw this with Svi last year. He showed out in preseason and failed to make shots when it mattered during the season.

I'm all for developing Norvell, but give him garbage time first.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
We saw this with Svi last year. He showed out in preseason and failed to make shots when it mattered during the season.

Svi could do 1 thing.. Norvell can shoot, attack the rim, create for others better than Svi.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:

Exactly. Why throw him into the fire and give him critical responsibility as part of a championship piece? Having the talent is one thing. Having the ability to do it consistently is another.

The actual is, he's not ready for that level of responsibility yet. Not unless the shot selection and odd turnovers clean up. Period.

We haven't even talked about the rookie wall, when defenders eventually figure out what he does and his two best specified skills get taken out first, then what?

Is his body even ready for a full NBA season? It's too rare for rookies to be consistent for all 82 and especially into the playoffs. Almost every single time, the rookie wall involves being physically fatigued and being scouted against.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
818fan wrote:

Svi could do 1 thing.. Norvell can shoot, attack the rim, create for others better than Svi.

Svi only showed 1 particular skill in Kansas because he was a cog.

He was also the leader of the FIBA team as a point guard and could absolutely attack and create for others.

Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I am not a fan of “Koozy” as a nickname. That is all.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
I am not a fan of “Koozy” as a nickname. That is all.

I'm not wedded to it if you have any alternatives
rmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm holding out for the return of Rebo and Zooty myself.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

McGee/Howard/Davis
Davis/James
James/Kuzma
Green/Daniels/Cook
Bradley/Rondo/Caruso

Core is Davis/James/Green/Bradley. 5th player can be anyone else on the roster. Excited to see that same core with a potential 5th core player in Kuzma. Kuzma is a ballhandler and versatile player that can also take Lebron a bit more off the ball.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
818fan wrote:

Man only way Norvell is playing is if someone gets hurt or its a blowout. I admit he is not the worst down the bench insurance policy. He could light a spark for a game or two i think no question. But this team has bigger goals than trying to develop Norvell.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Why call him koozy?
That pronunciation is for that overrated Celtic.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Kuz + Caruso is enough ball handling/creating to match whatever is thought that Rondo can bring. ..oh and Caruso is the 2nd or 3rd best defender on the team
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Kuz + Caruso is enough ball handling/creating to match whatever is thought that Rondo can bring. ..oh and Caruso is the 2nd or 3rd best defender on the team

1. AD
2. Green
3. LeBron
4. AB
5. Alex

I have the defense in that order
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

1. AD
2. Green
3. LeBron
4. AB
5. Alex

I have the defense in that order

honestly I didn't pay much attention to his defense before this season, but through the PS and last game - yea he's legit man.. he's clearly above Lebron. deflections, charges, steals, verticality, rotations - Caruso does all these in spades. He's up there with Green. In PS he was making like 10 defensive plays a game
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: