Vogel - Great Job
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

Vogel >>> Luke and it's not really close. Not really sure where the Luke debate is coming from. Plus he's got an actual staff of basketball minds who've been in those shoes to know how to support him.

We're a tough, defensive, physical team who plays unselfishly but also heavily feature our 2 stars. Nothing crazy innovative or masterful about the job he's done or I expect him to do but he's clearly got us playing a certain style with a certain focus.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

Vogel and the team will only get better which is downright scary
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

Coach Vogel is the key reason of our good start. He has a clear role to every players and play to their strengths.

For the starting, LeBron run the offense. It’s a slow pace team offense system, not rely too much on LeBron’s individual or LeBron-AD’s duo offense. The guards don’t stand at the perimeter or corners only. They also move to help creating space. Actually, it’s the guards and AD set up the defense and slowing down the pace. The slow and team offense theme save LeBron’s energy to carry the offense occasionally when needed.

Kuzma should be the 6th man to play alongside LeBron or AD when he is back. His fire power is much needed. Rando is the floor general for the bench unit. Howard is a surprise obviously. He defends the paint and controls like the old time. If he is playing in this form, he and LeBron would be too much for most of the team.

Dudley is a tough veteran while KCP, Daniels and Cook provide so much energy and firepower. Our bench unit are running faster pace and more offensive mind.

Vogel sets the tone to the team quickly. We’ll be a slow pace, defensive minded contending team
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Vogel >>> Luke and it's not really close. Not really sure where the Luke debate is coming from. Plus he's got an actual staff of basketball minds who've been in those shoes to know how to support him.

We're a tough, defensive, physical team who plays unselfishly but also heavily feature our 2 stars. Nothing crazy innovative or masterful about the job he's done or I expect him to do but he's clearly got us playing a certain style with a certain focus.

What I love the most is how their hounding on defense. Either tipping balls lose, or when players get into the paint, they usually come to a wall of 2-3 Laker jerseys, creating a kick out, block or steal. Its really a thing of beauty.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
Coach Vogel is the key reason of our good start. He has a clear role to every players and play to their strengths.

For the starting, LeBron run the offense. It’s a slow pace team offense system, not rely too much on LeBron’s individual or LeBron-AD’s duo offense. The guards don’t stand at the perimeter or corners only. They also move to help creating space. Actually, it’s the guards and AD set up the defense and slowing down the pace. The slow and team offense theme save LeBron’s energy to carry the offense occasionally when needed.

Kuzma should be the 6th man to play alongside LeBron or AD when he is back. His fire power is much needed. Rando is the floor general for the bench unit. Howard is a surprise obviously. He defends the paint and controls like the old time. If he is playing in this form, he and LeBron would be too much for most of the team.

Dudley is a tough veteran while KCP, Daniels and Cook provide so much energy and firepower. Our bench unit are running faster pace and more offensive mind.

Vogel sets the tone to the team quickly. We’ll be a slow pace, defensive minded contending team

Thats what happens in the playoffs. Lakers will be on point!
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
2019 wrote:

What I love the most is how their hounding on defense. Either tipping balls lose, or when players get into the paint, they usually come to a wall of 2-3 Laker jerseys, creating a kick out, block or steal. Its really a thing of beauty.

50/50 Balls!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

I'm starting to see an identity form with this team. That is something I was never able to say in the years Luke was here. I will say it's harder to do with 19/20 year old kids who are still trying to find their place in the NBA, but he had enough time to at least show progress in the team's identity, and we just never saw it.

Other than "uptempo" I never had a sense of what Luke was trying to accomplish. His timeouts seemed pointless and he never made adjustments. The team was bad at executing plays out of timeouts, which to me was proof of a lack of discipline.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

Vogel is a real coach. It's just that Walton wasn't a real head coach. He was and is still an assistant coach. That's why we couldn't even make it to the playoffs with Lebron. Not taking anything away from Vogel but with Lebron and AD, the expectation will be very high.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
2019 wrote:

Our rim protection is on point as predicted. Those are some tall trees down there between AD, McGee and Dwight. And Bradley/Green will make most teams work for their points from the perimeter. I just hope they have a better showing against the Clippers because their roster seems like a bad matchup.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

Overall, he is doing a good job. Cook shouldn't be playing PG and handling the ball. He is much more efficient and a real sniper when playing off-ball.

Until Kuz and Rondo get back, he should lean on Caruso more. I am not sure why Alex isn't getting more playing time. I don't know what Vogel is thinking here....

Also, all that stuff about KCP that you now about already. I don't mind AD starting at the 4 and finishing at the 5 for reasons Wolf outlined.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Vogel was always a very good and underrated coach. He did a great job with the Pacers that is very underrated among NBA fans. He made Roy Hibbert into a 2 time all star and he made Lance Stephenson look great. Also the younger Paul George he had was nowhere as good as the current Paul George. If not for Lebron, Vogel would have led the Pacers to back to back NBA finals and most likely 3 consecutive NBA finals. That talent core wasn't very good. I have very high hopes for this team. I think this is a championship team year 1.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Vogel is a real coach. It's just that Walton wasn't a real head coach. He was and is still an assistant coach. That's why we couldn't even make it to the playoffs with Lebron. Not taking anything away from Vogel but with Lebron and AD, the expectation will be very high.

LeBron missed a ton of games
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
Overall, he is doing a good job. Cook shouldn't be playing PG and handling the ball. He is much more efficient and a real sniper when playing off-ball.

Until Kuz and Rondo get back, he should lean on Caruso more. I am not sure why Alex isn't getting more playing time. I don't know what Vogel is thinking here....

Also, all that stuff about KCP that you now about already. I don't mind AD starting at the 4 and finishing at the 5 for reasons Wolf outlined.

Caruso isn't a very good ball handler either, but I would give him Cooks minutes for sure.

This is why I think Rondo will be useful when he comes back.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
Vogel was always a very good and underrated coach. He did a great job with the Pacers that is very underrated among NBA fans. He made Roy Hibbert into a 2 time all star and he made Lance Stephenson look great. Also the younger Paul George he had was nowhere as good as the current Paul George. If not for Lebron, Vogel would have led the Pacers to back to back NBA finals and most likely 3 consecutive NBA finals. That talent core wasn't very good. I have very high hopes for this team. I think this is a championship team year 1.

Nice write up. I remember a lot of what you wrote. That Indy team pushed LeBron’s Miami team to the brink. Forgot the Lance blowing in LeBron’s ear lol
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Our offense still looks like crap and he's still not playing any of our young guys like Norvel while KCP is still stinking it up out there. We don't have a penetrating guard who can shoot which is exactly what Norvel is. We're just winning because we're more talented than the teams we've played so far. It's a small sample size but look what Monty is doing over there in Phoenix with that crap lineup.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
2019 wrote:

I'm starting to see an identity form with this team. That is something I was never able to say in the years Luke was here. I will say it's harder to do with 19/20 year old kids who are still trying to find their place in the NBA, but he had enough time to at least show progress in the team's identity, and we just never saw it.

Other than "uptempo" I never had a sense of what Luke was trying to accomplish. His timeouts seemed pointless and he never made adjustments. The team was bad at executing plays out of timeouts, which to me was proof of a lack of discipline.

Their identity under Luke was to defend hard and play at a breakneck pace. And that was exactly how they played.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Anyone notice Vogel uses the stupidest coach's challenges? Why doesn't he save those for end of games? He's something like 0-3 so far
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Our offense still looks like crap and he's still not playing any of our young guys like Norvel while KCP is still stinking it up out there. We don't have a penetrating guard who can shoot which is exactly what Norvel is. We're just winning because we're more talented than the teams we've played so far. It's a small sample size but look what Monty is doing over there in Phoenix with that crap lineup.

Yes Norvel ... lol
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Anyone notice Vogel uses the stupidest coach's challenges? Why doesn't he save those for end of games? He's something like 0-3 so far

You value time outs more at the end of games.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

You value time outs more at the end of games.

Saving a foul on AD in the 2nd quarter gives you more advantage than saving a foul on AD with 3 minutes left.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Yes Norvel ... lol

Norvel & Kostas, our 2-way won't be on the bench for tonite game. Their 45 game clock begun yesterday and they will be reporting for training camp with South Bay, which BTW announce their roster yesterday and all the Exhibit 10 guys are in it; Cacok, Hearns, Stockton, Demetrius & Caroline.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Luke didn’t have Lebron for a big part of the season. When he went out things went downhill. As they would this season and Vogel would not be the reason.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Luke didn’t have Lebron for a big part of the season. When he went out things went downhill. As they would this season and Vogel would not be the reason.

Jesus. Luke was just as bad as Byron Scott.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Jesus. Luke was just as bad as Byron Scott.

VLF probably loves Byron Scott
KungFuChicken90
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

What I like most about Coach Vogel so far is his ability to make in-game adjustments, throwing out lineups that make sense for the most part, and trying to carve out well-defined roles for everyone.

Of course it's still super early into the season, but I like what I see out of our coach, and overall, our squad!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 3 of 27
Jump to: