Steph with a Broken Left Hand

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject: Steph with a Broken Left Hand

Looks like he'll be out for a while.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

You can kiss the Warriors playoffs hopes goodbye with that. Not like they were any good this year.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

They weren't making the playoffs anyhow. Blessing is disguise. I'm sure he rather be out than play with this squad. Warriors in full tank mode
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Brand new arena, completely garbage team....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Definitely time to tank. I would think that even their fans would understand. Get a high pick, regroup, and just look at this season as opening the new arena and nothing more. And don't bring Klay back, either, until next season. Perhaps look at trading Dlo if you think whatever they got back would help the team more going forward.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Dont bring back Curry or Klay this season

Rest Green as much as you can.

High use of DLO so his trade value rises

Trade DLO and the 2020 first round pick to surround Big 3.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

i thought they should have been in tank mode the minute Durant left. Even if DLO kept progressing there was no way they could make a splash in the playoffs with a rushed back Klay.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:

That 2020 1st round pick was sent to Brooklyn, protected 1-20. So they can't trade it until the pick officially is set. Meaning, not until after the season is over.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

At least this is a situation that DLO has experience in.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:

This is essentially what I said they should do prior to this season. I would package the top three pick plus Green for a third star (from a rebuilding team) as Green is clearly in decline. Then I would trade DLO for depth. Just like that, they will be contenders again next year.

I’m surprised they were so bad this season with Curry, Russell, and Green. Makes me wonder how good Curry actually is since he can’t carry a team without Durant and Klay. (Russell and Green are better than Odom and Smush Parker.)

Will there be any long term damage to Curry’s shooting ability?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

I went to Chase Center last weekend for the Sara Bareilles concert. That arena, especially the bathrooms, is absolutely amazing. The best arena or venue I have ever been in before— so much better than Staples Center. Oracle Arena (went there to see Muse last year), on the other hand, is both garbage and in a sketchy area.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I went to Chase Center last weekend for the Sara Bareilles concert. That arena, especially the bathrooms, is absolutely amazing. The best arena or venue I have ever been in before— so much better than Staples Center. Oracle Arena (went there to see Muse last year), on the other hand, is both garbage and in a sketchy area.

Aren't all stadiums amazing when they're new? I was at the first Lakers game played in Staples Center in 2000 and it was amazing then and made the Forum look like a dump. Oracle is actually older than the Forum and we moved into a new arena 19 years ago. The area around Staples was still pretty sketchy when it opened but at least it was easier to get out of there.

I can't wait for the new Rams/Chargers stadium. I drive by it every weekday and it's massive.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I would hope so, the arena is 20 years newer than Staples Center.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

Warriors were losing by 29 to the Suns at home when Steph got injured thats just how bad that team is this year. Now Steph can save himself for next year and they can have those other guys play and see who is worth keeping on the roster.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

I wonder what plans AEG have for Staples
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Warriors were losing by 29 to the Suns at home when Steph got injured thats just how bad that team is this year. Now Steph can save himself for next year and they can have those other guys play and see who is worth keeping on the roster.

I thought the Dubs had turned a corner after the Pels game because they actually looked like themselves with crisp passing and cutting. I guess the Pels defense is just really, really bad.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

Let's see how good of a coach Kerr is
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I wonder what plans AEG have for Staples

I would not be surprised if they did something like what MSG did with their arena. The Staples Center revitalized that area, now its one of the prime public gathering spots in LA. I don't see them leaving the area, they just gotta do a top down refurbishment of the arena in the future.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Out a minimum of 3 months. Let the commence!
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Palin wrote:

This is essentially what I said they should do prior to this season. I would package the top three pick plus Green for a third star (from a rebuilding team) as Green is clearly in decline. Then I would trade DLO for depth. Just like that, they will be contenders again next year.

I’m surprised they were so bad this season with Curry, Russell, and Green. Makes me wonder how good Curry actually is since he can’t carry a team without Durant and Klay. (Russell and Green are better than Odom and Smush Parker.)

Green had 6 triple doubles last playoffs alone. Curry proved he could carry a team before Durant got there. They played 4 games this year and you’re talking like they struggled the whole year. Trading Green would be a bad move. They’ll be back next year will join the Lakers and Celtics as the elite teams in the NBA. This year may be a blessing in disguise for the Warriors.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Makes me wonder how good Curry actually is since he can’t carry a team without Durant and Klay.

Throughout his career, Curry has had plenty of short streaks where he shot 3 for 30 from 3-point land or some such. Kind of goes with the territory when you're a bombadier.

Perhaps this was nothing more than one of those bad streaks that just happened to come at the start of the season. We'll never know since he got injured, so I don't see making any sweeping generalizations based on 4 games.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Makes me wonder how good Curry actually is since he can’t carry a team without Durant and Klay.

Throughout his career, Curry has had plenty of short streaks where he shot 3 for 30 from 3-point land or some such. Kind of goes with the territory when you're a bombadier.

Perhaps this was nothing more than one of those bad streaks that just happened to come at the start of the season. We'll never know since he got injured, so I don't see making any sweeping generalizations based on 4 games.

Defenses can key in on him now with Durant, Thompson and Iguodala gone. And his teammates looked pretty bad; definitely not players that are going to make teams pay when they double Curry.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Palin wrote:

Green had 6 triple doubles last playoffs alone. Curry proved he could carry a team before Durant got there. They played 4 games this year and you’re talking like they struggled the whole year. Trading Green would be a bad move. They’ll be back next year will join the Lakers and Celtics as the elite teams in the NBA. This year may be a blessing in disguise for the Warriors.

I’m not convinced they will be elite because we don’t even know what the roster will look like. The big 3 isn’t enough. They need defenders. Iguodala, Harrison Barnes, Livingston and Bogut were a huge part of the team. Even without just Bogut they had a lot more trouble.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: