Kobe v. LBJ (Read mod warning on page 1 before posting)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 162, 163, 164  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
Prime LBJ all day, every day.

Too many moments where he wilted under the pressure.

KOBE
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Can't say who is better or not but I feel that if Kobe was in the Heat team instead of Lebron then the Heat would have a 4 peat. Assuming Kobe was entering his prime like Lebron was.

What made you think that?.... I feel like Kobe and Wade is a bad fit together. Not sure he has any control with Wade's health also, when he started breaking down when they lost in 2014.

We look back and see their playing style now and sure if seems like it's not a good fit. But both are smart players and they would of made it work. Also I feel that Bosh would have monster games with Kobe there instead of Lebron.

Remember when Lebron joined Miami, Wade still wanted to be the main guy in that first year. Would Kobe go for that knowing him? Knowing that alone is a bad fit from the start. To me only reason Wade and Lebron worked because Lebron was a willing passer. Kobe not so much.

Kobe was a willing passer. He averaged almost 5 assists per game as a shooting guard. That is a very good mark for that position. He and wade would’ve been on tag team attack mode Lol

Question here is, Do you believe Kobe would have 4peat with that Heat team? Specially with Wade's health towards the tail end of that run?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:

KOBE

Aside from your opinions, is there some sort of objective way to analyze this?

Like go-ahead points scored within final 1 minute of close game, etc.?
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

This isn't even close. In terms of consistent peak production; Jordan, Shaq and Lebron are in a league of their own (although Curry's 30 PPG season on 50/40/90 deserves recognition.)

Kobe is more like Jeter. He was consistently great for a long time. However, Kobe never reached the peaks that the aforementioned players hit. You can say that Kobe is your favorite player, you preferred watching Kobe and you prefer his mentality. But to say his basketball production surpassed Lebron's? lol GTFO

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:

KOBE

Aside from your opinions, is there some sort of objective way to analyze this?

Like go-ahead points scored within final 1 minute of close game, etc.?

Yeah, it wouldn’t be difficult. Would just need to go back and find the footage of those moments and do a LFR style mashup of each situation.
There are more than a few to choose from
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Can't say who is better or not but I feel that if Kobe was in the Heat team instead of Lebron then the Heat would have a 4 peat. Assuming Kobe was entering his prime like Lebron was.

What made you think that?.... I feel like Kobe and Wade is a bad fit together. Not sure he has any control with Wade's health also, when he started breaking down when they lost in 2014.

We look back and see their playing style now and sure if seems like it's not a good fit. But both are smart players and they would of made it work. Also I feel that Bosh would have monster games with Kobe there instead of Lebron.

Remember when Lebron joined Miami, Wade still wanted to be the main guy in that first year. Would Kobe go for that knowing him? Knowing that alone is a bad fit from the start. To me only reason Wade and Lebron worked because Lebron was a willing passer. Kobe not so much.

Kobe was a willing passer. He averaged almost 5 assists per game as a shooting guard. That is a very good mark for that position. He and wade would’ve been on tag team attack mode Lol

Question here is, Do you believe Kobe would have 4peat with that Heat team? Specially with Wade's health towards the tail end of that run?

Not sure. But there definitely don’t lose to the Mavs in 2011. So at least 3 out of 4 I guess
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Not sure. But there definitely don’t lose to the Mavs in 2011. So at least 3 out of 4 I guess

Ok that's settled. We can move on from that topic.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Ok that's settled. We can move on from that topic.

On to the next!
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
This isn't even close. In terms of consistent peak production; Jordan, Shaq and Lebron are in a league of their own (although Curry's 30 PPG season on 50/40/90 deserves recognition.)

Kobe is more like Jeter. He was consistently great for a long time. However, Kobe never reached the peaks that the aforementioned players hit. You can say that Kobe is your favorite player, you preferred watching Kobe and you prefer his mentality. But to say his basketball production surpassed Lebron's? lol GTFO

Hilarious that you exclude Kobe but slip in Curry (a giant liability on defense). No bias there whatsoever...

2001 Kobe, 2003 Kobe, 2006 Kobe, 2007 Kobe, 2008 Kobe are as good as any of the other guys you mentioned. 2009 Kobe and 2010 Kobe are as good as second threepeat MJ.

Funny how Shaq is supposedly "in a league of his own" yet was never able to win until Kobe emerged, even though he had great talent/help on the Orlando Magic and those early Lakers teams. Kobe was also able to win rings with Pau Gasol as his 2nd best player, while Shaq needed Kobe and Wade (far superior to Pau) to win all his rings.

Though I'm sure you'll throw out some Shaq NBA Finals stats against the likes of Rik Smits and Todd MacCulloch

Last edited by Batguano on Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:

Hilarious that you exclude Kobe but slip in Curry (a giant liability on defense). No bias there whatsoever...

2001 Kobe, 2003 Kobe, 2006 Kobe, 2007 Kobe, 2008 Kobe are as good as any of the other guys you mentioned. 2009 Kobe and 2010 Kobe are as good as second threepeat MJ.

Funny how Shaq is supposedly "in a league of his own" yet was never able to win until Kobe emerged, even though he had great talent/help on the Orlando Magic and those early Lakers teams.

And the one chip he got with Miami was with Wade playing at an MVP level.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Funny how Shaq is supposedly "in a league of his own" yet was never able to win until Kobe emerged, even though he had great talent/help on the Orlando Magic and those early Lakers teams. Kobe was also able to win rings with Pau Gasol as his 2nd best player, while Shaq needed Kobe and Wade (far superior to Pau) to win all his rings.

Dude, thank you. Was that guy serious?? Anyone who watched Kobe night in night out knows that argument was straight lunacy
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

They are very close but both of them at their absolutely prime I have to give it to Bron. Bron had more than a few hiccups in the playoffs when he was younger but he's been an absolute beast since that 2011 disaster against Dallas.

And for the record Kobe is my favorite player.

If I had to use a 2k Scale I'd put Kobe at a 97-98 and Bron at 99.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
They are very close but both of them at their absolutely prime I have to give it to Bron. Bron had more than a few hiccups in the playoffs when he was younger but he's been an absolute beast since that 2011 disaster against Dallas.

He’s had many more hiccups in big games since that series vs the Mavs.
But many people agree with you overall.

Not me
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Another thing to consider is that in his absolute prime Kobe had some of his worst supporting casts, and those years were wasted. I have no doubt in my mind that if 2005-2007 Kobe had good supporting casts he would've put up some legendary (numbers wise) performances in the playoffs that would have people seeing him in a different light. Unfortunately he had to waste those on the regular season just to get the Lakers to the playoffs.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

I'm taking prime Kobe over anybody any day of the week.

Kobe is literally the GOAT hands down, a lot of people forget who Kobe was in his prime.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

PostMalone24 wrote:
I'm taking prime Kobe over anybody any day of the week.

Kobe is literally the GOAT hands down, a lot of people forget who Kobe was in his prime.

My MAN! 👏🏀👏
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Kobe was also able to win rings with Pau Gasol as his 2nd best player, while Shaq needed Kobe and Wade (far superior to Pau) to win all his rings.

Yeah, I've had this same thought as well.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

On First Thing’s First this morning Nick Wright claimed that Kobe was never the best player in the game. He contends it went from Duncan directly to LeBron with Kobe never holding the title.
Lol, what a joke
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

Remember before all the analytics craze (which I do value). It was all about winning games. And more importantly, about winning the last game of the playoffs?

Ah, simpler times.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

Shaq could dunk the ball with either of them hanging on his back.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Remember before all the analytics craze (which I do value). It was all about winning games. And more importantly, about winning the last game of the playoffs?

Ah, simpler times.

Yes, those were the days
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Who’s them?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Who’s them?

Subjects of this thread
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Who’s them?

Subjects of this thread

Okay... what’s your point? Other than Shaq being Superman
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Who’s them?

Subjects of this thread

Okay... what’s your point? Other than Shaq being Superman

No point. Just like the purpose of this thread. Pointless.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 162, 163, 164  Next
Page 3 of 164
Jump to: