*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Miami Heat (11/8/19) Gm#8 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 24674
Location: #Rentfree in Jim's head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

This team needs 3-point shooting. We're ranked 27th in the NBA. We're shooting worse than we did last year when we had a GM who thought you didn't need 3-point shooting to win in the playoffs.

I love the defense. I love Lebron/AD. But that is a serious problem that hasn't really been tested yet, except by the Clippers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Oct 2019
Posts: 625

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
It's a team that doesn't need Rondo.


It's a team that needs a guy that can get his own buckets. Not named LeBron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 2972

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
This team needs 3-point shooting. We're ranked 27th in the NBA. We're shooting worse than we did last year when we had a GM who thought you didn't need 3-point shooting to win in the playoffs.

I love the defense. I love Lebron/AD. But that is a serious problem that hasn't really been tested yet, except by the Clippers.


It has to get better...right?? Lord
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 18808

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
This team needs 3-point shooting. We're ranked 27th in the NBA. We're shooting worse than we did last year when we had a GM who thought you didn't need 3-point shooting to win in the playoffs.

I love the defense. I love Lebron/AD. But that is a serious problem that hasn't really been tested yet, except by the Clippers.


Yeah, I also checked that. Pretty unacceptable, given how many "shooters" we signed, and the fact that AD/Lebron get so much attention, that these guys have so many open shots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 4415

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Hmmmm.. did we actually play good defense in the fourth or did the heat just miss a bunch of gimmes?

It's the defense. It's a real thing.


If I heard what he said correctly vogel just said post game Lakers contested 88% of heat shots. That’s ridiculous.


Last edited by DrDent on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 11860

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
It's a team that doesn't need Rondo.


It's a team that needs a guy that can get his own buckets. Not named LeBron.


We need another playmaker. Rondo will definitely help out on the offensive end, just hope he's ready to manage the defensive load.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 17439

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Daikatana wrote:
This was a great....

Yet for some reason, boring win... LMAO


I hear you, the games have been a little weird to me because they don't have prolonged periods of good play but at the same time, there is zero suspense about whether or not they'll win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 872

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
This team needs 3-point shooting. We're ranked 27th in the NBA. We're shooting worse than we did last year when we had a GM who thought you didn't need 3-point shooting to win in the playoffs.

I love the defense. I love Lebron/AD. But that is a serious problem that hasn't really been tested yet, except by the Clippers.


We have shooters but they have to knock down shots and come out those slumps. Could it be those guys are using more energy on defense and affecting their legs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Oct 2019
Posts: 625

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
It's a team that doesn't need Rondo.


It's a team that needs a guy that can get his own buckets. Not named LeBron.


We need another playmaker. Rondo will definitely help out on the offensive end, just hope he's ready to manage the defensive load.


Rondo isn't the answer or much of a help imo. We need a 2nd scoring threat off the dribble. This is going to be painfully obvious come postseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 30413

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

How bout that beautiful screen by Dwight? This guy just keeps impressing every game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 29418

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Kuz, like many recent “young” Lakers, seriously overhyped. He comes from the Alonzo, I gram, Russell pedigree of overhyped talent.

You're such a pervert.


DLo had 52 tonight.

And he stuffed the stat sheet besides the points. Great game from him.


Ok, he had a good scoring game. Missed my point that Kuzma is a bit overhyped at the moment.

Thanks for the personal attack, Baron.


Most people these days can’t think outside of binary terms. Kuz is either garbage or a future all-star.

He hasn’t played basketball in months and he’s just been playing a week. Don’t think any good analysis counts what he is doing now as anything more than getting back into game shape minutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 24674
Location: #Rentfree in Jim's head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
It's a team that doesn't need Rondo.


It's a team that needs a guy that can get his own buckets. Not named LeBron.


We need another playmaker. Rondo will definitely help out on the offensive end, just hope he's ready to manage the defensive load.


we might be actually be at the point where Rondo brings up our cratering wide open make rate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 11409
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

I feel its only a matter of time before we get hot from three.
At the bottom I guess the only way is up from here

Pretty shocking team stat pjiddy pulled up though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 2972

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
It's a team that doesn't need Rondo.


It's a team that needs a guy that can get his own buckets. Not named LeBron.


We need another playmaker. Rondo will definitely help out on the offensive end, just hope he's ready to manage the defensive load.


we might be actually be at the point where Rondo brings up our cratering wide open make rate



Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26742

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
It's a team that doesn't need Rondo.


It's a team that needs a guy that can get his own buckets. Not named LeBron.

Anthony Davis
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26742

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
This team needs 3-point shooting. We're ranked 27th in the NBA. We're shooting worse than we did last year when we had a GM who thought you didn't need 3-point shooting to win in the playoffs.

I love the defense. I love Lebron/AD. But that is a serious problem that hasn't really been tested yet, except by the Clippers.

They seem due for a positive regression, though.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 6728
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Team simply will not continue the bad shooting. I"m almost sure of it. There will be days where we blow out teams by 30 points.
_________________
Don't let perfect be the enemy of good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26742

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Kuz, like many recent “young” Lakers, seriously overhyped. He comes from the Alonzo, I gram, Russell pedigree of overhyped talent.

You're such a pervert.


DLo had 52 tonight.

And he stuffed the stat sheet besides the points. Great game from him.


Ok, he had a good scoring game. Missed my point that Kuzma is a bit overhyped at the moment.

Thanks for the personal attack, Baron.


Most people these days can’t think outside of binary terms. Kuz is either garbage or a future all-star.

He hasn’t played basketball in months and he’s just been playing a week. Don’t think any good analysis counts what he is doing now as anything more than getting back into game shape minutes.

Exactly. Leave Kuz alone for a couple more weeks while he gets back into the flow.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 4415

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Post game show trying to jinx Lakers with “this could go on for awhile” talk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 19955

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Bradley just barely keeping the LethalShooter collective above 20% from 3.


Are you ever just happy?


I've loved watching Lebron.

(Which just has to be killing you)


So that's a no, then?
_________________
A banana is killed every time a terrible thread or post is made. Save the bananas. Stop creating terrible posts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 24674
Location: #Rentfree in Jim's head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Kuz, like many recent “young” Lakers, seriously overhyped. He comes from the Alonzo, I gram, Russell pedigree of overhyped talent.

You're such a pervert.


DLo had 52 tonight.

And he stuffed the stat sheet besides the points. Great game from him.


Ok, he had a good scoring game. Missed my point that Kuzma is a bit overhyped at the moment.

Thanks for the personal attack, Baron.


Most people these days can’t think outside of binary terms. Kuz is either garbage or a future all-star.

He hasn’t played basketball in months and he’s just been playing a week. Don’t think any good analysis counts what he is doing now as anything more than getting back into game shape minutes.

Exactly. Leave Kuz alone for a couple more weeks while he gets back into the flow.


I definitely think he will give us more than he's been giving. But I still think the "Third star" talk is pie in the sky.

KCP needs to talk to a sports psychologist. The dude just looks broken.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 24674
Location: #Rentfree in Jim's head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Bradley just barely keeping the LethalShooter collective above 20% from 3.


Are you ever just happy?


I've loved watching Lebron.

(Which just has to be killing you)


So that's a no, then?


I was happy when you talked about almost quitting being a Laker fan because you couldn't stand the idea of rooting for Lebron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Oct 2019
Posts: 625

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Kuz, like many recent “young” Lakers, seriously overhyped. He comes from the Alonzo, I gram, Russell pedigree of overhyped talent.

You're such a pervert.


DLo had 52 tonight.

And he stuffed the stat sheet besides the points. Great game from him.


Ok, he had a good scoring game. Missed my point that Kuzma is a bit overhyped at the moment.

Thanks for the personal attack, Baron.


Most people these days can’t think outside of binary terms. Kuz is either garbage or a future all-star.

He hasn’t played basketball in months and he’s just been playing a week. Don’t think any good analysis counts what he is doing now as anything more than getting back into game shape minutes.

Exactly. Leave Kuz alone for a couple more weeks while he gets back into the flow.


I definitely think he will give us more than he's been giving. But I still think the "Third star" talk is pie in the sky.

KCP needs to talk to a sports psychologist. The dude just looks broken.


KCP needs a lot of things, including a religious savior, and a miracle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 6728
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Bradley just barely keeping the LethalShooter collective above 20% from 3.


Are you ever just happy?


I've loved watching Lebron.

(Which just has to be killing you)


So that's a no, then?


I was happy when you talked about almost quitting being a Laker fan because you couldn't stand the idea of rooting for Lebron.


USC complaining about people being unhappy
_________________
Don't let perfect be the enemy of good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 24674
Location: #Rentfree in Jim's head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Kuz, like many recent “young” Lakers, seriously overhyped. He comes from the Alonzo, I gram, Russell pedigree of overhyped talent.

You're such a pervert.


DLo had 52 tonight.

And he stuffed the stat sheet besides the points. Great game from him.


Ok, he had a good scoring game. Missed my point that Kuzma is a bit overhyped at the moment.

Thanks for the personal attack, Baron.


Most people these days can’t think outside of binary terms. Kuz is either garbage or a future all-star.

He hasn’t played basketball in months and he’s just been playing a week. Don’t think any good analysis counts what he is doing now as anything more than getting back into game shape minutes.

Exactly. Leave Kuz alone for a couple more weeks while he gets back into the flow.


I definitely think he will give us more than he's been giving. But I still think the "Third star" talk is pie in the sky.

KCP needs to talk to a sports psychologist. The dude just looks broken.


KCP needs a lot of things, including a religious savior, and a miracle.


He seriously looks like one of the NBA players after the Monstars took their ability.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 38 of 40
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB