2020 NBA DRAFT THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm still super bummed that ESPN bought DraftExpress and then did exactly 0 with it. Why they couldn't just keep making the same videos and posting them on the ESPN website, I'll never know
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Not sure I understand why the thread was moved out of the Lounge. We have always had a current year draft thread in the Lounge.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject:

LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
I'm still super bummed that ESPN bought DraftExpress and then did exactly 0 with it. Why they couldn't just keep making the same videos and posting them on the ESPN website, I'll never know

And they make you pay for it. Who in their right mind would pay for that?
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

James Wiseman just ruled ineligible.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
James Wiseman just ruled ineligible.

He got an emergency temporary restraining order that will allow him to play tonight, but if the facts are as they have been reported, he would not be eligible to play unless the NCAA goes against their own rules and make an exception.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Hoping Killian Hayes last till the Lakers pick. True PG, elite passer with scoring potential.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject:

My sleeper for a late 2nd is Dino Radoncic. Was my sleeper last year but he pulled out from the draft. Reminds me of Iggy Brazdeikis from last year.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

I only have two real targets and I don't think they're at the Lakers pick.

Tyrese Haliburton.
Isaiah Joe.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Tyrese Haliburton.
Isaiah Joe.

Tyrese and Killian Hayes have similar skill sets and athletic profile imo. I like both and either would be a nice get.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Tyrese Haliburton.
Isaiah Joe.

Tyrese and Killian Hayes have similar skill sets and athletic profile imo. I like both and either would be a nice get.

It's Haliburton I want most between the two. The Lonzo-like passing/Melton/Zo combination instincts on defense are ++.

Unfortunately, I know he's going to get ran over at the next level.

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Tyrese Haliburton.
Isaiah Joe.

It's Haliburton I want most between the two. The Lonzo-like passing/Melton/Zo combination instincts on defense are ++.

If I had to choose I would also go with Haliburton.

Do not recall him dribble penetrate much last year. Is that part of his game?

After seeing Shai succeed I am less concerned about being physically over matched.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Tyrese Haliburton.
Isaiah Joe.

If I had to choose I would also go with Haliburton.

Do not recall him dribble penetrate much last year. Is that part of his game?

After seeing Shai succeed I am less concerned about being physically over matched.

I think Shai is different because he has a certain flexibility and core strength about him that's hard to see unless someone watched the gametape deeply.

Haliburton isn't a super shifty guy. Lonzo isn't either. Last year he was just a very low USG, high degree decision maker, spot up guy, that had stock %. This year is more PnR play and he showed out last summer for Team USA big time.

To me, he's still a mid 1st type and he's shown the ability to shoot off the dribble a couple times. Clearly it's in development.

If he does that, I think it's more likely he's lottery. Tall PGs with the skill to back it up and play 2-way are highly valuable.

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I think Shai is different because he has a certain flexibility and core strength about him that's hard to see unless someone watched the gametape deeply.

Tall PGs with the skill to back it up and play 2-way are highly valuable.

I think your right on Shai. When Kevin Garnett first entered the league I thought he would get manhandled but he always seemed to hold his own physically against bigger players. They both appear to have that same wiry strong build.

This year seems to have more tall 2-way PG's. Lamelo, R.J. Hampton, Haliburton and Killian Hayes. Not sure how I would rank them at this time.

From my first viewing of Tyrese Maxey (vs. Michigan St.) he gives me vibes of Derrick Rose. His 1st step and quickness is a step above anyone I have seen this year. Looks like Calipari is not using him as a PG at this time which is a shame
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Tall PGs with the skill to back it up and play 2-way are highly valuable.

I think your right on Shai. When Kevin Garnett first entered the league I thought he would get manhandled but he always seemed to hold his own physically against bigger players. They both appear to have that same wiry strong build.

This year seems to have more tall 2-way PG's. Lamelo, R.J. Hampton, Haliburton and Killian Hayes. Not sure how I would rank them at this time.

From my first viewing of Tyrese Maxey (vs. Michigan St.) he gives me vibes of Derrick Rose. His 1st step and quickness is a step above anyone I have seen this year. Looks like Calipari is not using him as a PG at this time which is a shame

Maxey is way out of reach for sure. I'm trying to find a PG that could potentially make an immediate impact during LeBron's last years and maybe, eventually take over reigns. This is the kind of draft for it with the depth for big PGs like you mentioned.

Of course, the philosophy is BPA, but when the strength of the draft is of a particular mold, just lean into it.

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Maxey is way out of reach for sure. I'm trying to find a PG that could potentially make an immediate impact during LeBron's last years and maybe, eventually take over reigns. This is the kind of draft for it with the depth for big PGs like you mentioned.

Of course, the philosophy is BPA, but when the strength of the draft is of a particular mold, just lean into it.

Not a draft pick but someone I have been giving thought of is De'Anthony Melton. I believe UFA next year and he just might be ready if allowed to develop in the G League this year.

I know your thoughts on him and I always have liked him but felt he needed 2-3 years for his game to mature.

Then with the draft pick get your Isaiah Joe.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Seth Greenberg highlighting some Freshmen around the country...

https://vimeo.com/374291693/cd3c59287e
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

NBA draft stock watch: Wiseman intel, risers and fallers

Quote:
ESPN draft experts Jonathan Givony and Mike Schmitz update their top-100 draft rankings with the latest intel, including a few breakout players domestically and overseas.

LINK
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:

this is basically what they have turned it into as a foundation...

https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

then much of their in season content is behind the paywall of ESPN+
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Seems like a greater number of freshman this year are better physically developed than years past.

Jahmi'us Ramsey looks interesting as does Mike ( a t ) LG target Isaiah Joe.

Will need to watch Pepperdine play as I like the little I have seen of Kessler Edwards.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Seems like a greater number of freshman this year are better physically developed than years past.

Jahmi'us Ramsey looks interesting as does Mike [ at ] LG target Isaiah Joe.

Will need to watch Pepperdine play as I like the little I have seen of Kessler Edwards.

I need to see more, but Jahmi'us Ramsey does look interesting....very solid frame.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Not a draft pick but someone I have been giving thought of is De'Anthony Melton. I believe UFA next year and he just might be ready if allowed to develop in the G League this year.

I know your thoughts on him and I always have liked him but felt he needed 2-3 years for his game to mature.

I mean, that was my guy in the previous draft. Now he's lost in the shuffle on bad development teams that don't understand his role. They keep trying to put him as a pure PG, when he's a tertiary playmaker.

I like him a lot.

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I mean, that was my guy in the previous draft. Now he's lost in the shuffle on bad development teams that don't understand his role. They keep trying to put him as a pure PG, when he's a tertiary playmaker.

I like him a lot.

Yes remember this well. He wasn't on my draft radar until you brought him up since he was ineligible that year. Perfect fit next to Lebron as the tertiary play maker who can also score. What sold me was your breakdown of how good a defender he is. Another Caruso type player with a higher ceiling.

If the reports were true the Lakers were going to draft him at 47 so gives hope he is still on their radar.

I feel Handy would do wonders with him.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I like him a lot.

Yes remember this well. He wasn't on my draft radar until you brought him up since he was ineligible that year. Perfect fit next to Lebron as the tertiary play maker who can also score. What sold me was your breakdown of how good a defender he is. Another Caruso type player with a higher ceiling.

If the reports were true the Lakers were going to draft him at 47 so gives hope he is still on their radar.

I feel Handy would do wonders with him.

He's exactly the kind of guy I think Handy would excel with. The athletic tools and baseline foundation skills of ball-handling/shooting/passing are all there. I just think he's always playing the wrong role.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
SportsCenter
@SportsCenter

Memphis star freshman James Wiseman must sit out 12 games total and will be eligible to return to the Tigers on Jan. 12, the NCAA announced Wednesday.

Wiseman will also have to donate $11,500 to a charity of his choice.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 2 of 48
Jump to: