Lakers vs the League - The Stats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
epak wrote:
11-0 against teams under .500.
4-2 against teams over .500.

At least we're beating the teams we're supposed to.

Wow 11 opponents under .500 so far? Have the other teams on top of the standings faced as many bad teams as we have?

You have to consider there are also a lot of bad/average teams in the NBA. The East has about 6 teams that are above .500 The West has about 7. So that's 16 teams which are .500 or worse teams. Now that the Lakers are a powerhouse and contender, those teams look like easy matchups. A year ago many of those same teams were tougher because we were a .500 level type of team. Two years, we weren't even competitive. Even a 4/6 winning percentage against teams like Utah, Dallas, Toronto, Clippers (Those are all 65% or better type of win teams) means we'll end up playing 65%winning ball against the best teams in the NBA. That is very good. Go back even to the Shaq-Kobe Lakers, they were not winning more than that against the best teams. You will rarely see teams who dominate start to finish in the RS.

Also lets see if the Lakers have learned from losses. First loss against LAC, they learned some things. Played better halcourt defense. Second loss against Raptors, they learned some things, played better transition D. I think with losses this Laker team is also showing they will learn from them. We have really cut down on transition points against us (fastbreaks) since the Raps loss. That's a sign of a well coached team that understands why it loses.

Christmas game if we are healthy, I look forward to the Clippers game. I think we will show we're a lot better than opening night.

yup, it's gonna be a playoff preview on xmas, both us and clips (can't believe their city edition jersey is cholo-like... fudgin fiyah... ugh) both have improved since opening day. I anticipate slug fest, Pat Bev vs AB intensity, Harrell vs Howard battle of muscle and motor, LeBron vs Kawhi/Palmdale and AD going bonkers... Lakers win

If am confident in a Lakers win too..the Lakers have to get someone to stop Lou this time..he destroyed the Lakers last time..

I think last game, Danny Green looked like he can handle Kawhi..AD can deal with PG and I think Howard can deal with Harrell fine as long aas Lou doesn't get his way..theoretically Bradley on Lou..but Lou is the second unit so he might be matched up against a backup like Rondo
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
governator wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
epak wrote:

Wow 11 opponents under .500 so far? Have the other teams on top of the standings faced as many bad teams as we have?

You have to consider there are also a lot of bad/average teams in the NBA. The East has about 6 teams that are above .500 The West has about 7. So that's 16 teams which are .500 or worse teams. Now that the Lakers are a powerhouse and contender, those teams look like easy matchups. A year ago many of those same teams were tougher because we were a .500 level type of team. Two years, we weren't even competitive. Even a 4/6 winning percentage against teams like Utah, Dallas, Toronto, Clippers (Those are all 65% or better type of win teams) means we'll end up playing 65%winning ball against the best teams in the NBA. That is very good. Go back even to the Shaq-Kobe Lakers, they were not winning more than that against the best teams. You will rarely see teams who dominate start to finish in the RS.

Also lets see if the Lakers have learned from losses. First loss against LAC, they learned some things. Played better halcourt defense. Second loss against Raptors, they learned some things, played better transition D. I think with losses this Laker team is also showing they will learn from them. We have really cut down on transition points against us (fastbreaks) since the Raps loss. That's a sign of a well coached team that understands why it loses.

Christmas game if we are healthy, I look forward to the Clippers game. I think we will show we're a lot better than opening night.

yup, it's gonna be a playoff preview on xmas, both us and clips (can't believe their city edition jersey is cholo-like... fudgin fiyah... ugh) both have improved since opening day. I anticipate slug fest, Pat Bev vs AB intensity, Harrell vs Howard battle of muscle and motor, LeBron vs Kawhi/Palmdale and AD going bonkers... Lakers win

If am confident in a Lakers win too..the Lakers have to get someone to stop Lou this time..he destroyed the Lakers last time..

I think last game, Danny Green looked like he can handle Kawhi..AD can deal with PG and I think Howard can deal with Harrell fine as long aas Lou doesn't get his way..theoretically Bradley on Lou..but Lou is the second unit so he might be matched up against a backup like Rondo

KCP/Caruso too
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
governator wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
epak wrote:

KCP/Caruso too

That would be a great choice..Caruso sounds like the type of guy that could give Lou fits.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

I added a few stats, don't know which ones will be interesting IYO...

GOOD (between 1 and 10)
AVERAGE (between 11 and 20)
BAD (between 21 and 30)

SCORING

#4 (↓) in Points in Paint per Game
#6 (↑) in Fastbreak Points per Game
#13 (↑) in Fastbreak Efficiency
#5 (↓) in Percent of Points from 2 Pointers
#24 (↑) in Percent of Points from 3 Pointers
#25 (↑) in Percent of Points from Free Throws
#6 in Points off TO
#10 in FGM %AST

SHOOTING

#8 (↑) in True Shooting %
#6 (↑) in Effective Field Goal %
#22 (→) in Free Throw %
#2 in FG% (restricted area)
#2 in FG% - RESTRICTED AREA
#28 in FG% - IN THE PAINT (NON-RA)
#23 in FG% - MID-RANGE
#8 in FG% - LEFT CORNER 3
#25 in FG% - RIGHT CORNER 3
#14 in FG% - ABOVE THE BREAK 3

REBOUNDING

#8 (↑) in Offensive Rebounding %
#8 (→) in Defensive Rebounding %
#8 (↑) in Total Rebounding % (Rebound Rate)

BLOCKS & STEALS & DEFENSE

#1 (→) in Block %
#7 (↑) in Steals per Defensive Play
#5 in OPNT FG% - RESTRICTED AREA
#15 in OPNT FG% - IN THE PAINT (NON-RA)
#28 in OPNT FG% - MID-RANGE
#6 in OPNT FG% - LEFT CORNER 3
#23 in OPNT FG% - RIGHT CORNER 3
#6 in OPNT FG% - ABOVE THE BREAK 3

ASSISTS & TO

#14 (↓) in Turnovers per Possession
#7 (↓) in Assist / Turnover Ratio
#10 (↓) in Assists per FGM
#14 (↓) in Turnovers per Offensive Play
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
I added a few stats, don't know which ones will be interesting IYO...

GOOD (between 1 and 10)
AVERAGE (between 11 and 20)
BAD (between 21 and 30)

SCORING

#4 (↓) in Points in Paint per Game
#6 (↑) in Fastbreak Points per Game
#13 (↑) in Fastbreak Efficiency
#5 (↓) in Percent of Points from 2 Pointers
#24 (↑) in Percent of Points from 3 Pointers
#25 (↑) in Percent of Points from Free Throws
#6 in Points off TO
#10 in FGM %AST

SHOOTING

#8 (↑) in True Shooting %
#6 (↑) in Effective Field Goal %
#22 (→) in Free Throw %
#2 in FG% (restricted area)
#2 in FG% - RESTRICTED AREA
#28 in FG% - IN THE PAINT (NON-RA)
#23 in FG% - MID-RANGE
#8 in FG% - LEFT CORNER 3
#25 in FG% - RIGHT CORNER 3
#14 in FG% - ABOVE THE BREAK 3

REBOUNDING

#8 (↑) in Offensive Rebounding %
#8 (→) in Defensive Rebounding %
#8 (↑) in Total Rebounding % (Rebound Rate)

BLOCKS & STEALS & DEFENSE

#1 (→) in Block %
#7 (↑) in Steals per Defensive Play
#5 in OPNT FG% - RESTRICTED AREA
#15 in OPNT FG% - IN THE PAINT (NON-RA)
#28 in OPNT FG% - MID-RANGE
#6 in OPNT FG% - LEFT CORNER 3
#23 in OPNT FG% - RIGHT CORNER 3
#6 in OPNT FG% - ABOVE THE BREAK 3

ASSISTS & TO

#14 (↓) in Turnovers per Possession
#7 (↓) in Assist / Turnover Ratio
#10 (↓) in Assists per FGM
#14 (↓) in Turnovers per Offensive Play

Good stuff.
We're either really good (in most cases) or bad (in some cases), not much in-between for us.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

More good than bad, thankfully
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
More good than bad, thankfully

A lot of red in the "shooting" category
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4-0 when trailing by 15 or more points. That’s crazy!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject:

8-1 at home
8-1 on the road
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject:

#1 in our hearts.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

18 GAMES

OFFRTG : 111.2 (6)
DEFRTG : 103.3 (8)
NETRTG : +7.9 (3)
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Slipped all the way down to 8th in defense. They need to get back to the team they used to be on that end.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Slipped all the way down to 8th in defense. They need to get back to the team they used to be on that end.

We need Avery back when we start facing the elite teams. Glad he's been able to recover while we get wins against scrubs.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

It’s hard to tell if we can maintain our improvements in offense AND get back to #1 defense levels. Did our defense slip because we focused more on offense? Hard to tell.

That said, 8th is still good enough IMO.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:

It’s hard to tell if we can maintain our improvements in offense AND get back to #1 defense levels. Did our defense slip because we focused more on offense? Hard to tell.

You're probably right about it being really hard to maintain game in and game out. Our defensive greatness has to be situational, I guess. I hope we can turn it on against elite teams.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:

The only reason they're as high as 8th is because they were higher than that for so long. They wouldn't be top 10 if they had been defending this way all year.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:

You're probably right about it being really hard to maintain game in and game out. Our defensive greatness has to be situational, I guess. I hope we can turn it on against elite teams.

Yeah. A lot of things happened the moment our defense slipped. Offense improved, AB went down, etc. Once we get him back, we’ll at least be able to isolate one of those variables. Hopefully, the elite defense comes back and the offense maintains.

Interestingly though, Dwight also hasn’t seemed quite as effective around the same time.
lilmomo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:

Just like players, I think it's hard for a team to be super good offensively and super good defensively. And generally offense is much easier to play than defense, unless you are defensively inclined. If we can stay top 10 defense and
top ten offense, I think we should be alright for the regular season. They can turn on the juice in the playoffs.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:

Yeah. A lot of things happened the moment our defense slipped. Offense improved, AB went down, etc. Once we get him back, we’ll at least be able to isolate one of those variables. Hopefully, the elite defense comes back and the offense maintains.

Interestingly though, Dwight also hasn’t seemed quite as effective around the same time.

Yeah, I wonder why that has happened?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

According to espn stats the Lakers are now #2 in defensive efficiency and tied for 5th in offensive efficiency. They are the only team in the league to be be in the top 5 in both categories.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
According to espn stats the Lakers are now #2 in defensive efficiency and tied for 5th in offensive efficiency. They are the only team in the league to be be in the top 5 in both categories.

According to NBA.com they're 5th in both defense and offense.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
8-1 at home
8-1 on the road

On pace to win 70 games!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

Lakers are still #1 in point differential beating the opponenent by an average of 9.3 points a game.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

19 GAMES

OFFRTG : 111.4 (5)
DEFRTG : 102.8 (5)
NETRTG : +8.6 (2)

Give me these numbers at the end of the year and I'm more than happy. Right now we're in the top 3 with the Bucks and Raptors IMO. Let's see what will be the numbers after december...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
19 GAMES

OFFRTG : 111.4 (5)
DEFRTG : 102.8 (5)
NETRTG : +8.6 (2)

Give me these numbers at the end of the year and I'm more than happy. Right now we're in the top 3 with the Bucks and Raptors IMO. Let's see what will be the numbers after december...

Nice!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 15 of 21
Jump to: