Lakers contacted league for lack of calls on Lebron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to Laker Bron.

Ask Kobe for advice!

He might have a tip or two on how to handle it.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject:

According to this guy he don't get the call because he's a bad free throw shooter... Talking about reaching.

How do you explain Gianni's getting to the line who shoots at only 60%?
KobaNBA_91
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject:

The refereeing this year has been underwhelming at times. Lebron has driven to the basket in so many ocassions without getting a fair call. It's being quite frustrating too see how players like Harden receive little contact and get the foul called, while Lebron frequently get hit on his arms while driving to the rim and the referees forget completely the whistle. It's clear that there is a bias against Lebron and in favour of Harden. I always get grumpy when I watch houston's games, there is no logical explantion of why Harden is shooting 10 more free throws than Lebron.
KobaNBA_91
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
According to this guy he don't get the call because he's a bad free throw shooter... Talking about reaching.

How do you explain Gianni's getting to the line who shoots at only 60%?

Hahah Skip is the ultimate hater. I don't know why but he's always been obsessed with Lebron.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

KobaNBA_91 wrote:
The refereeing this year has been underwhelming at times. Lebron has driven to the basket in so many ocassions without getting a fair call. It's being quite frustrating too see how players like Harden receive little contact and get the foul called, while Lebron frequently get hit on his arms while driving to the rim and the referees forget completely the whistle. It's clear that there is a bias against Lebron and in favour of Harden. I always get grumpy when I watch houston's games, there is no logical explantion of why Harden is shooting 10 more free throws than Lebron.

Well, 10 seems like a lot, but Harden’s game is designed specifically to draw the foul. Lebron’s isn’t really. Also Harden takes all of the team FTs such as defensive 3 sec, technicals, etc.

I am not at all surprised Harden would take many more FTs than Lebron although damn near 10 is more than I expected.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

They don't call fouls or traveling against him either, it probably evens out.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

Lebron does a few travels here and there but the majority of times fans think Lebron travels is just the fans not knowing the rules. Fans think a lot of things are travels when they're not
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Serenityy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Soft NBA. Shaq just took care of business.

Shouldn't this count as trolling/baiting? I have a hard time imagining anyone can make the case that Shaq never complained about refs during his time in LA; especially when you consider... you know... that there exists evidence that he did.

What evidence that the Lakers called the league about foul calls on Shaq?

There is lots of evidence that other teams complained about Shaq and Kobe getting all the calls. And evidence here that posters complained about Lebron getting all the calls.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

how about contacting nba for three straight blown calls wrongfully reviewed too
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Why do we even have a review if they get every call wrong?
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Serenityy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Shouldn't this count as trolling/baiting? I have a hard time imagining anyone can make the case that Shaq never complained about refs during his time in LA; especially when you consider... you know... that there exists evidence that he did.

There is lots of evidence that other teams complained about Shaq and Kobe getting all the calls. And evidence here that posters complained about Lebron getting all the calls.

It wasn't specifically about foul calls, but the Lakers did send video of Sacramento playing illegal defense to the league office in 2000.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

Did you talk to James harden about travels?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

the spurs game had a very egregious travel. but yeah I'm throwing the everyone does it argument here. everyone does it. the uncalled fouls on the other hand
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Probably the worse Laker fan ever. Biggest troll job
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Champions have to overcome bad officiating. Tonight was a great game.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

That call was so odd.

I watched it like 5 times and I dont view these as a homer at all and I cant see any contact.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

That call was so odd.

I watched it like 5 times and I dont view these as a homer at all and I cant see any contact.

There was probably slight contact with the elbow. Really ticky tack though. Ingram was confident and pointed right at his elbow and if there's no contact sometimes the player supposedly hit wouldn't know where to point
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

That call was so odd.

There was probably slight contact with the elbow. Really ticky tack though. Ingram was confident and pointed right at his elbow and if there's no contact sometimes the player supposedly hit wouldn't know where to point

I tell you this isn’t the first time. There have been several calls that should be obviously overturned that were not.

Example in OKC vs Clippers Chris Paul has the ball and clearly throw himself into Paul George and got the call. It should have been overturned.

The coaches challenge has been so bad relative to other sports.
Serenityy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Serenityy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Lets not change the goal posts so quickly, you quite clearly said Shaq just took care of business as opposed to the Lakers expressing concern over foul calls against Shaq. We have ample evidence that Shaq himself expressed frustration over the way he was officiated.

More appropriately, the Lakers front office just took care of business. Though, my memory is foggy and I may have to do some fact checking on whether or not the Lakers ever issued a complaint formally to the league. Worth noting they informally did it though.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:

If it was slight contact on the elbow at the beginning of his shooting motion why didn't he react to the contact until well after the foul could have occurred? BI flopped right after he released the ball, flailing like he was hit on release. That's what seems to have gotten the whistle. The video does not show contact. Just one big cluster of a call on multiple levels. Other calls have been overturned when there was video evidence that contact occurred. Replay for fouls is just a mess.

This seems to indicate they should have an objective 4th ref making the replay decision, not someone working the game if this is going to be expanded next year. They have shown they can't police themselves with clear video evidence.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Did you talk to James harden about travels?

Well we aren't saying Harden is hated by the refs and gets no calls. If the refs hated LeBron, they could call a lot more fouls and travels on him than they do.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
drae wrote:

If it was slight contact on the elbow at the beginning of his shooting motion why didn't he react to the contact until well after the foul could have occurred? BI flopped right after he released the ball, flailing like he was hit on release. That's what seems to have gotten the whistle. The video does not show contact. Just one big cluster of a call on multiple levels. Other calls have been overturned when there was video evidence that contact occurred. Replay for fouls is just a mess.

This seems to indicate they should have an objective 4th ref making the replay decision, not someone working the game if this is going to be expanded next year. They have shown they can't police themselves with clear video evidence.

BI flops into a lot of calls, I noticed it when he was here. There wasn't really a good angle of KCP and Ingram's elbow. Stu was repeatedly pointing out that there was no contact up high but completely ignored the elbow. I'm not convinced either way on it but I think the refs confirmed the foul because of Ingram reacting like he was hit on a play where it was possible he was hit.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

BI flops into a lot of calls, I noticed it when he was here. There wasn't really a good angle of KCP and Ingram's elbow. Stu was repeatedly pointing out that there was no contact up high but completely ignored the elbow. I'm not convinced either way on it but I think the refs confirmed the foul because of Ingram reacting like he was hit on a play where it was possible he was hit.

BI seems to be trying to follow in Harden's footsteps.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
ducasse wrote:
drae wrote:

There was no elbow contact.
You can clearly see Ingram kicking KCP leg after missing the shoot.
That was the only contact.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
ducasse wrote:
drae wrote:

There was no elbow contact.
You can clearly see Ingram kicking KCP leg after missing the shoot.
That was the only contact.

From every angle, there is a split second where you can pause it and it looks like KCP's palm is on Ingram's elbow right as he goes up to shoot. I don't know if he is ever actually touching him but Ingram reacted like he did and there is no angle I see where Ingram and KCP have a clear separation for the entire play. Either he barely bumped the elbow or Ingram picked a perfect time to flop.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: