Lakers 4-0 when trailing by 15 or more this season.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: Lakers 4-0 when trailing by 15 or more this season.

I guess we were never trailing by enough vs the Clips and Toronto to get the teams attention. Shame...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

I wanna see blowout wins too tho
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Gird your loins because we are on the road nearly the entire month of December.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Seems like they have the blood of the great Laker teams of the past. Kobe and Shaq and Gasol and Kobe seem like we’re regularly playing from behind even against below average teams.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Not a fan of trailing by 15. But glad they're winning!
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Seems like they have the blood of the great Laker teams of the past. Kobe and Shaq and Gasol and Kobe seem like we’re regularly playing from behind even against below average teams.

So you remember too? Seems like people seem to recall blowouts. I recall Kobe unwrapping ice bags from his knees to go back in in the 4th. I was at tons of those games.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

That’s pretty damn impressive. You think one of those games would have slipped away at the end
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject:

LAII wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

So you remember too? Seems like people seem to recall blowouts. I recall Kobe unwrapping ice bags from his knees to go back in in the 4th. I was at tons of those games.

Those Kobe/Gasol teams would always blow huge leads, yet still end up winning.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
LAII wrote:

Kobe/Gasol teams were like this one: when the stars are out of the game, it becomes a (bleep) (bleep) show.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:38 am    Post subject:

causation........ correlation!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject:

It's usually caused by McGee or Rondo being in the lineup. Then in the 2nd half, we use our "real" lineup and make comeback. If Vogel wanted to, he could just put Howard in early and get Rondo out early, then we wouldn't be down as much or at all.

It's a real positive when your team was downed by double digits and still make comeback consistently. That means they're just really good and could make up double digit deficit whenever they want. Sometimes, I get the vibe that the Lakers just want to keep the games close early to make them exciting. Imagine if they start blowing teams out by double digits in the first quarter, the games would be very boring.

The refs try their best to keep the game close but it didn't matter. In the end, the Lakers have enough talent to overcome however many BS calls the refs give out.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject:

even if it is 'impressive', it is quite disturbing that we are not blowing some of these 'easy' teams out... and being dependent on lbj like this is even more disturbing.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
even if it is 'impressive', it is quite disturbing that we are not blowing some of these 'easy' teams out... and being dependent on lbj like this is even more disturbing.

It is an issue only because we want to win every game. If we are willing to do what the Clippers are, we would easily be playing Lebron 5-6 minutes less a game, maybe a few rest games. The Lakers would not be 16-2. Probably 13-5 or 14-4. I do not know which is better. To develop the winning habits and culture or to have players playing less minutes on load management.

No team in the NBA can have a dominant RS record like the Lakers have right now (16-2 is 70 wins pace) and also rest their superstars. Does not work like that. Wonder if at some point, Frank will be willing to accept defeats to reduce Lebron's minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
LAII wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Yes it was frustrating to watch at times. Remember the 24 or 26 point lead they blow against the Celtics in 2008 playoffs.

But those comeback wins in the 4th against Portland in game 7 in 2000 and in the finals against the Celtics in 2010 are memorable.

Against it’s just shows mental toughness of these Laker teams
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

I think what you're seeing is the relative inexperience of their recent opponents and Lebron basically coasting.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Do that against most of the team we face in december and our record won't look that nice...
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

It's like they want know the bare minimum to win games
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Yeah, I want to see Bron and AD sit out more 4th quarters in easy wins.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

It is an issue only because we want to win every game. If we are willing to do what the Clippers are, we would easily be playing Lebron 5-6 minutes less a game, maybe a few rest games. The Lakers would not be 16-2. Probably 13-5 or 14-4. I do not know which is better. To develop the winning habits and culture or to have players playing less minutes on load management.

No team in the NBA can have a dominant RS record like the Lakers have right now (16-2 is 70 wins pace) and also rest their superstars. Does not work like that. Wonder if at some point, Frank will be willing to accept defeats to reduce Lebron's minutes.

Hopefully we can get our stars some rest later in the season as the playoffs approach.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

I get a sense of complacency with this team similar to the Kobe/Pau era. Coast during the first half and then actually make an effort during the second. Definitely led to some frustrating losses during that time.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: