Legend of PLAYOFF RONDO (Woj: Trade to Cavs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobaNBA_91
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Caruso >>> rondo

It's not fair to point this out, even Lebron can't be compare to the almighty bald mamba.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

KobaNBA_91 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Caruso >>> rondo

It's not fair to point this out, even Lebron can't be compare to the almighty bald mamba.

The supposedly washout Rondo should be contributing less.
Yet, he still is contributing more than Carusso despite the age and mileage gap. Imagine Rondo at Carusso's age. or Carusso at Rondo's age.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
KobaNBA_91 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Caruso >>> rondo

Yet, he still is contributing more than Carusso despite the age and mileage gap. Imagine Rondo at Carusso's age. or Carusso at Rondo's age.

That’s dumb comparison ig
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Rondo isn't even great on offense but we have 0 playmakers outside of LBJ. Unfortunately, Caruso is not great at this point offensively.

I hope we get lucky on the buyout market.

Right. LBJ will likely play 35mpg. Play rondo for the 12-13mpg LBJ is off the floor and that should be it.

Disagree.

Bring Rondo in with Lebron, like Frank has. So Lebron can start going a bit off the ball, and Rondo can get into the flow of the game, slowly. Then, when Lebron sits, you test out what Rondo is capable of that night. If it is non-factor scoring and not enough D, you sit him the rest of the game. If he does well, you can actually keep him out there for a 10-12 minute run, and Lebron can go off the ball when he returns in to the game.

Lebron has been a monster in the post ups and off the ball. What Rondo can do for Lebron is allow him to rest, and then come into the games focused on making shots. Then you sit Rondo and close the half/game with the best defensive group, and you have a Lebron who can revert back to the QB, only he has his shot working as well. How many times did we wish we had someone who could do that for Kobe, or how many times did it help that Lamar would come in and provide that playmaking for the 2nd unit and Kobe/Pau? This is what Rondo is. Sort of like Lamar, he does not have a reliable outside shot or constant scoring game. But his ability to make post entry passes and just handle the ball, is elite. And then you have your best scorers in position to score. Lebron's best position to score is not from a PG spot. Which is how he is starting off games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

Disagree. LBJ or AD is doubled bc of Rondo’s anti gravity. Saw it many times most recently in Pels game.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

People are saying that Rondo didn't find Kuz on purpose but looking back at the highlights none of those cuts were wide open. Lebron might have made those passes but I dunno if Rondo could have.

Clip in link:

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1200497542598926337
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
People are saying that Rondo didn't find Kuz on purpose but looking back at the highlights none of those cuts were wide open. Lebron might have made those passes but I dunno if Rondo could have.

Clip in link:

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1200497542598926337

Yea, saw that link.
Made no sense. In that same clip, AD didn't pass to Kuz when Kuz was open. Are they going to say AD was freezing out Kuz? Twitter logic.

Just say Rondo had a bad game. No need to try to look for things that aren't there.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

So far it Looks like Rondo can’t be left wide open at the 3 point line

That helps
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

I think his 3ball is legit now, similar to JKidd late in his career.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Going to be valuable if he keeps knocking down 3's
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Yes, please. Hope that part of JKidd's late-career game rubs off on him.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Rondo's mind is light years ahead of Caruso. Caruso is not the better player but he is the younger more fresh athlete. I hate when Caruso is dribbling about. I love his defensive effort though, which Rondo does lack. AD and Rondo have a connection though, and I think we will see it in the playoffs. Got to keep Rondo fresh though, he is injury prone.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Impressive night for Rondo.

13 points (5-7 FG/ 3-4 3Pt), 4 assists, +15 in 11 minutes & he rested the 2nd half.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject:

Rondo was big in that 1st Q run with the starters. Like I have noticed, he gets zero props or attributes for when he plays well but the pitch forks are all out the moment he has an off game. So far from my count, he has had 6 positive games, 3 bad games. For a 4.5M role player that is good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject:

Rondo was big in that 1st Q run with the starters. Like I have noticed, he gets zero props or attributes for when he plays well but the pitch forks are all out the moment he has an off game. So far from my count, he has had 6 positive games, 3 bad games. For a 4.5M role player that is good.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject:

He played really well.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject:

Rondo's game log

Shooting from field. +/-
2-6, +4
0-3, -12
5-9, +12
3-10, +6
3-6, -3
6-15, +4
5-9, +13
0-3, 0
5-7, +15

Rondo is shooting 44.8% on 3 pointers this season.
Rondo averages 9.5 assists per 36 minutes, easily 2nd on the team only to LBJ.

In 20 minutes per game, Rondo is average as many 3s as he did in almost 30 minutes a game last season. His role is far more suited to him this year and there are more targets and openings for him in this offense than Luke's.

The +/- indicates a player that in most games is making a positive impact. Especially when he is making his 3 pointers and layups.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

I still want him more of a 12-15mpg when Bradley comes back. There’s a role for him but good teams will simply not guard him and double AD or LBJ. Maybe if rondo can truly remain a shooting threat that will change but teams are playing off him.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I still want him more of a 12-15mpg when Bradley comes back. There’s a role for him but good teams will simply not guard him and double AD or LBJ. Maybe if rondo can truly remain a shooting threat that will change but teams are playing off him.

If this Rondo can continue to shoot above 40% from 3's, teams will pay for doubling AD and LBJ. My issue with Rondo has been his inconsistent outside and very bad free throw shooting. This season he is doing better in both.

--Anonymous
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If this Rondo can continue to shoot above 40% from 3's, teams will pay for doubling AD and LBJ. My issue with Rondo has been his inconsistent outside and very bad free throw shooting. This season he is doing better in both.

To me rondos 3 point shooting is the biggest surprise. I remember the finals against the Celtics Kobe gave him open outside shots and he miss most of them. Seem to be that way the rest of his career

So it’s great to see how he changed that game so late on his career
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

Frank could care less about what players did in the past. Everyone came in with a clean slate and he has done a GREAT job putting players in positions to be successful. That is what makes this team special as we are getting solid play from guys we did not expect much, if anything, from. Look at Rondo exclusively from this year. He has played well beyond expectations most of the time (he had a couple of hiccups and Frank made the proper adjustments). Teams are leaving him open (and they are paying for it). Hopefully that continues. He has been steady and allows LJ to post up (and he has taken advantage of it) or not work as hard. We do not have that constant 3rd option (like the Clips have in Lou), but it seems like we are getting a few guys (on a rotating basis) who are consistently scoring in low to mid double figures. I would feel better if we had that constant threat, but as long as a few guys give us that, we are tough to beat.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Yes, please. Hope that part of JKidd's late-career game rubs off on him.

Rondo hitting threes and a rejuvenated Dwight? Who woulda thought?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
KobaNBA_91 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Caruso >>> rondo

Rondo was good at Caruso’s age, the game has evolved but he hasn’t.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

I would like to see Rondo move the ball more quickly at times, he tends to dribble too much. That said, he is knocking down the 3 Ball which really is pretty much all our guards need to do with LeBron and AD doing the heavy lifting.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
KobaNBA_91 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Caruso >>> rondo

Rondo was good at Caruso’s age, the game has evolved but he hasn’t.

Interesting you say that, yet he is now shooting 3s from outside, and well. Something a few years ago or at Caruso's age he would never do. Becoming a reliable and willing 3 point shooter (and just shot taker in general) to me is proof of a player adjusting to the times.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 166, 167, 168  Next
Page 97 of 168
Jump to: