OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 620, 621, 622 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma looks the same.

He just looks the same playing 22 minutes a game instead of 33. So you get to see his problem areas in spurts.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Need to trade him if this team wants to compete for a title this year.

Sigh. Fans make the worst GMs.

If you want to trade him and his $1.9M salary, please suggest doing so when his value is high.

Wait until he has a monster month.

Then suggest trading him.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

His biggest plus is his cheap contract at this point.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

If you want to trade him and his $1.9M salary, please suggest doing so when his value is high.

He's not a championship-level player. No handles. No defense. No passing ability. Too many weaknesses for a guy that is supposed to be our 3rd option.
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, hes been trash for quite some time.

I hope he gets moved later on for someone who can contribute to this team.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

He's not a championship-level player. No handles. No defense. No passing ability. Too many weaknesses for a guy that is supposed to be our 3rd option.

I am not debating what he is or isn’t.

I’m disagreeing with the idea that you trade him after a 1/8 shooting night in a season where he hasn’t played well for most of it.

That would be ... dumb unless your goal was to get the least possible value for him.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I’m disagreeing with the idea that you trade him after a 1/8 shooting night in a season where he hasn’t played well for most of it.

That would be ... dumb unless your goal was to get the least possible value for him.

It doesn't have to be right now but it should be on their radar. He will be tough to trade because of his contract but we'll see what they can do.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

It doesn't have to be right now but it should be on their radar. He will be tough to trade because of his contract but we'll see what they can do.

He’s easy to trade because of his contract.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Who has said that he is supposed to be our 3rd scoring option? As many of us pointed out in the offseason, we failed to add a 3rd scoring option nnn
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Who has said that he is supposed to be our 3rd scoring option? As many of us pointed out in the offseason, we failed to add a 3rd scoring option nnn

A lot of people said Kuz was supposed to be the third option.

Mmm.
Artest4Three
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Jeez. One game and the knives already come out. Kuz will be fine. Can't forget he saved our asses a couple of times this season. Especially on the road vs the Suns and Pelicans. He definitely needs to be more consistent but I think with time and comfortability he will get there. Defense is definitely a big issue.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Artest4Three wrote:
Jeez. One game and the knives already come out. Kuz will be fine. Can't forget he saved our asses a couple of times this season. Especially on the road vs the Suns and Pelicans. He definitely needs to be more consistent but I think with time and comfortability he will get there. Defense is definitely a big issue.

3 for 15 from 3 last two games.

Some players see their shot not falling, think "I gotta find the way to impact the game in other ways."

Over those same last two games? 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 turnovers. No steals, no blocks. Matador defense.

If he's just gonna be a guy that only impacts the game when his 3 is falling, then he's just a 6'8 Troy Daniels.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Artest4Three wrote:

Some players see their shot not falling, think "I gotta find the way to impact the game in other ways."

Over those same last two games? 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 turnovers. No steals, no blocks. Matador defense.

If he's just gonna be a guy that only impacts the game when his 3 is falling, then he's just a 6'8 Troy Daniels.

What about the two games before the last two?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Artest4Three wrote:

Good shooting game against NO. Grabbed 5 board against an undersized NO team that's one of the worst in the league in that dept. Good on him there? 2 assists against 3 turnovers.

Game before that? 0/3 from 3. 10 points on 10 FGAs.

Compare the past month of Hart and Kuz, both playing about the same minutes.

Kuz: 11.7 points, 3.6 rebs, 0.8 assists, 0.3 blocks, 0.1 steals.
Hart: 10.9 points, 6.3 rebs, 1.9 assists, 0.1 blocks, 1.4 steals

This is why I always thought Hart was so much more valuable. Both are gonna shoot about 35% from 3 (which they are both doing). Kuzma is more likely to erupt for 30...but how important is that if it's only once or twice a season? I'd far prefer the consistent impact in other areas of the floor.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Artest4Three wrote:

Good shooting game against NO. Grabbed 5 board against an undersized NO team that's one of the worst in the league in that dept. Good on him there? 2 assists against 3 turnovers.

This is why I always thought Hart was so much more valuable. Both are gonna shoot about 35% from 3 (which they are both doing). Kuzma is more likely to erupt for 30...but how important is that if it's only once or twice a season? I'd far prefer the consistent impact in other areas of the floor.

I’m not sure what to make of your analysis. Either you can’t read a stat sheet or you’re intentionally trying to be deceptive.

Hart’s production comes in more than 23% more playing time.

I love me some Josh Hart too but what a poor analysis.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma: 11 PPG; 33% from 3

Josh Hart: 12 PPG; 37.6% from 3

https://twitter.com/josh2saint/status/1201299981300199424

Kuz needs his 3 ball to fall to make any impact. Hart doesn't play with AD and Bron to get that many wide open looks as well. Always thought Kuz and Hart are in the same tier rather than Kuz being close to our #2 picks. He's 24 and no improvement in defense, tunnel vision and ball handling. Has all the bad habits Clarkson had as a Laker. What we need is a consistent option at least scoring wise.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

not “option” but Vogel said “he’s probably our 3rd best player” at the beginning of the season. a line fed to him by the FO most likely. i’m glad vogel and the vets adjusted his role.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Artest4Three wrote:

Hart works harder on his game than Kuzma does. I cannot confirm this, of course. I just don't think Kuzma has improved much since he came in as a rookie, which usually shows a lack of committment in the gym
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

From a percentage standpoint, if you examine Kuz's career stats (3 seasons), he is actually, on average, getting worse. At best, in a few categories, he's about the same in this past 3 seasons.

Young NBA players should be getting better each year until they peak. Kuzma has not shown this. Even if you throw out this year due to recovering from injuries (which is a cop-out) and take his 1st vs his 2nd year, still, there is no significant improvements in his game, and in certain key cats, he's gotten worse.

This confirms my suspicions that Kuzma is not putting in the gym time to improve his game year to year. The only reason why the Lakers kept him as opposed to the young players we traded was that Kuzma works better off of Lebron, not because he is the better player of that group we traded (Ball, Ingram, Hart, Kuz).

I want Kuzma to cut off all those girly curls on his head and get in that gym and get better. He needs to start thinking about playing for the big contract.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

A lot of people said Kuz was supposed to be the third option.

Mmm.

Our coach included
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
From a percentage standpoint, if you examine Kuz's career stats (3 seasons), he is actually, on average, getting worse. At best, in a few categories, he's about the same in this past 3 seasons.

Young NBA players should be getting better each year until they peak. Kuzma has not shown this. Even if you throw out this year due to recovering from injuries (which is a cop-out) and take his 1st vs his 2nd year, still, there is no significant improvements in his game, and in certain key cats, he's gotten worse.

This confirms my suspicions that Kuzma is not putting in the gym time to improve his game year to year. The only reason why the Lakers kept him as opposed to the young players we traded was that Kuzma works better off of Lebron, not because he is the better player of that group we traded (Ball, Ingram, Hart, Kuz).

I want Kuzma to cut off all those girly curls on his head and get in that gym and get better. He needs to start thinking about playing for the big contract.

I hate those curls as well but what does that have to do with getting in the gym and working on his game?

I am losing my patience with him. All big talk and pathetic on the court
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

It ain’t a lack of commitment in the gum. By all accounts he’s a very hard worker. He just lacks self-awareness and has more than likely simply reached his peak and began to plateau as a player.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
troy wrote:

I hate those curls as well but what does that have to do with getting in the gym and working on his game?

I am losing my patience with him. All big talk and pathetic on the court

Because in my mind, it's more important for him to look pretty and get his hair done as opposed to working on his game. Remember all those years when the better NBA players would play with kinked up mini afros that hadn't been combed all day, or bald heads? It was either or. Think of Kobe Bean Bryant. Either a messed up from that hadn't been combed, or bald. Players then took b-ball seriously. Getting your hair done takes time away from improving in the gym, and it deprioritizes your committment to the game, versus looking pretty.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

It can’t confirm your suspicions if it isn’t true.

By accounts from people with direct access to the Lakers and the players, he’s the hardest working player on the team.

People need to calm down on the obsession with force jamming narratives to connect dots. It’s possible Kuz just isn’t much better than he has shown. Or its possible he’s been set back by the injuries he’s sustained in the 3-4 weeks he has been back.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Kuzma looks the same.

He just looks the same playing 22 minutes a game instead of 33. So you get to see his problem areas in spurts.

He's supposed to be improving instead of staying stagnant, Clarkson-style.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 620, 621, 622 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 621 of 880
Jump to: