Lakers contacted league for lack of calls on Lebron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

For what it's worth, the call was deemed correct in the Last 2 Minute report
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject:

It’s pretty funny to see what’s called when Lebron drives vs. when Harden drives

It’s like 2 different leagues, rules, etc.
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Soft NBA. Shaq just took care of business.

Probably the worse Laker fan ever. Biggest troll job

Have you seen the trash he posts here? Doubt he's even a fan at all. If he's not criticizing the team, he's busy insulting other members. Dude lives a sad sad life.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Also probably surprising to some, Anthony Davis is getting fouled on just 13.5% of his shot attempts, the lowest rate of his career. A shame, because of his unreal ft%

https://twitter.com/AlexmRegla/status/1200848370861895680

LeBron James is in a similar boat. He is getting fouled just 13% of the time on his shot attempts, a career low (never finished under 14.2%).

And is getting fouled just 1.8% of the time on the floor, another career low (never finished below 2.5%).

https://twitter.com/alexmregla/status/1200849238323712001
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I feel Lebron does get butchered quite a bit on his drives to the cup without a whistle.
But I also feel a lot of the times he initiates the contact first therefore some of these plays are not fouls. Can’t blame the defenders for establishing there position first. In other words, moving their feet on defense.

Big difference from drawing contact when a defender swipes at the ball hitting your arm or wrist compared to barreling into a defender first before he can even attempt to make a play on the ball
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
I feel Lebron does get butchered quite a bit on his drives to the cup without a whistle.
But I also feel a lot of the times he initiates the contact first therefore some of these plays are not fouls. Can’t blame the defenders for establishing there position first. In other words, moving their feet on defense.

Big difference from drawing contact when a defender swipes at the ball hitting your arm or wrist compared to barreling into a defender first before he can even attempt to make a play on the ball

Lebron initiates contact when the defender is not square then seeks to get his shoulder past the defender. There's nothing wrong with this.

Just a couple of games ago Lebron showed journalists those scratches on his forearm where players keep hacking and grabbing. Lebron gets fouled A LOT
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Lebron initiates contact when the defender is not square then seeks to get his shoulder past the defender. There's nothing wrong with this.

Just a couple of games ago Lebron showed journalists those scratches on his forearm where players keep hacking and grabbing. Lebron gets fouled A LOT

Never said Lebron attacking a defender while he hasn't established position yet is bad. That’s good ball for sure.

It’s the non calls whenever he’ll attack a defender when there stationary already that the Lakers are complaining about. Your not gonna get those calls majority of the time. Not Lebron’s fault he’s so physically dominate over everybody but at the same time the refs gotta call it both ways.

As for the scratches sure those are fouls but if you ever hooped it’s just part of game. I used to get battle scars all over my arms including the blisters all over my hands and wrists from all damage I caused on these breakaway rims lol.

Lebron got 7 inches in height and probably like 100 pounds of muscle over me so I can only imagine the beating he takes
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

LBJ is getting hit routinely on the arm when finishing with no calls, same with AD.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Get used to it guys...he doesn’t get nearly the amount of calls the the masses thinks he does. And its been that way since he left Cavs the first time.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
It’s pretty funny to see what’s called when Lebron drives vs. when Harden drives

Well, that’s true across the board.
Not even Jordan got the calls Harden gets, Smh
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

In fairness, LeBron pushes off a Lot
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject:

From reddit:

https://i.redd.it/trhxs4ia5w141.jpg

No foul called
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:15 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
From reddit:

https://i.redd.it/trhxs4ia5w141.jpg

No foul called

I think he gets treated like Shaq did a lot.. They see the shot still go on so they just swallow the whistle.. If he misses that dunk I would be willing to bet almost anything that he gets the call.

That one was def. a foul though.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Jordan wasn't actively trying to fool the refs night in and night out like Harden is. Other teams' video coordinators should send tapes to the league office with a compilation of his tricks so that refs can look out for them.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

The mavs game was a travesty and I hope to god the team sends another complaint letter to the league.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Well the league made up for the Dwight no-call on Seth.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

It might seem cheap to complain about the refs in a blowout loss, but 1-2 no calls gives momentum to the other team, and it could change the outcome dramatically
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
It might seem cheap to complain about the refs in a blowout loss, but 1-2 no calls gives momentum to the other team, and it could change the outcome dramatically

to be honest, the entire nba today is pretty sketchy with the calls. not just 1-2, but all around. its really quite bad. stars can be created and taken down due to calls, very quickly too. i personally think the nba has long ago grown too big for what they can handle and offer a quality product. its just a machine now...stars in stars out, stats, awards, accolades, rinse repeat...the players are becoming completely interchangeable and homogenized for the most part. all the triple doubles today, they are all the same type of plays...drive and kicks. you can look at all the triple doubles of various stars and their plays will all look the same.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

It was 4 to 5 calls or no-calls in the 3rd that changed the game.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Couple of no calls for and bogus calls against you and two technicals will do the trick. Suddenly you're down by ten, afraid to get inside because of the lack of calls, jacking threes to get back into the game, and before you know it you're down twenty and all hope is lost. The referees definitely helped transforming a close game into a blowout.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Jordan wasn't actively trying to fool the refs night in and night out like Harden is. Other teams' video coordinators should send tapes to the league office with a compilation of his tricks so that refs can look out for them.

We can only hope. It’s boarder line not even basketball, at times
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

It is frustrating to see the no calls on an obvious slap to an arm followed by a touch foul on the other end. But at least I can accept the inconsistency on some level.

Would love to see the league clean up the flops and offensive player initiating contact and flailing for the foul.

But my biggest pet peeve is how far off the rails the discontinued dribbles and palming the ball while dribbling has gone. At times it is ridiculous!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Couple of no calls for and bogus calls against you and two technicals will do the trick. Suddenly you're down by ten, afraid to get inside because of the lack of calls, jacking threes to get back into the game, and before you know it you're down twenty and all hope is lost. The referees definitely helped transforming a close game into a blowout.

That one foul on Dwight where he was just standing in the paint with his arms up and his man puts his head down and runs into Dwight. Foul on Dwight.

It was really bad officiating last night and I think the players let it get to them. Way too much complaining. They have to just play through it no matter how frustrating it is. There are going to be games like this one but great teams still overcome it.

This was just one game though. Lebron hasn't been getting calls all season. It's weird in such a soft league that a physical guy like Lebron who attacks the paint can't get any calls.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
The mavs game was a travesty and I hope to god the team sends another complaint letter to the league.

They will be even worse. The refs are taking revenge for the public and nba office complaints
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Soft NBA. Shaq just took care of business.

Probably the worse Laker fan ever. Biggest troll job

think he is a fan of something else, certainly not the lakers
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: