The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1277, 1278, 1279 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
governator wrote:
1 ring with this type of MVP season = jersey retired
2 rings+ = both 6 & 23 retired

AD is playing way better than lebron on the same team. why the hell would lebron win mvp of the league?

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Someone here said AD was leading the team in points, rebounds, blocks, steals and FT%...if that’s true, how do you justify LeBron as MVP over him?

Instead of relying on what "someone said," I would tell you to look at the stats yourself and if they move you to make a case to justify why AD should be MVP over Lebron go ahead. If they don't, this is all pretty pointless.

Just asked a question. Not trying to make an argument. There’s a difference.
Assuming those numbers are accurate, I was curious why fans wouldn’t have AD as MVP of this squad and therefore the league.
Where am I going astray exactly?

You are going astray by trying to start a discussion about statistics you haven't look at.

Went to NBA.com to check and see.
He’s team best in Points, Rebounds, Steals and Blocks

So once again, I will attempt to have an actual discussion about the MVP race regarding our Big 2.
Given that AD leads in every major category minus assists, why would it be nuts for someone to have him ahead of LeBron in the discussion?

Hope that satisfies the prerequisites for posting in the thread
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
governator wrote:

AD is playing way better than lebron on the same team. why the hell would lebron win mvp of the league?

Nice try.

Someone here said AD was leading the team in points, rebounds, blocks, steals and FT%...if that’s true, how do you justify LeBron as MVP over him?

Nice try.

Ugh...nice reply.
I’m open to hearing why you would think different, if those numbers are accurate. (Don’t know if they are, just going by what another poster claimed)

It seems like exactly the type of question a LeBron James Thread would invite, yes?

It’s exactly the type of question a Lebron James thread would invite. It’s just not the type of question that someone who is truly open to this discussion would invite. I have seen your work in the “other” LBJ thread. I know what you’re up to in here in the LBJ thread. That’s why I say, nice try. =)

If you’re serious about discussing this, first tell me who was the MVP of the late 2000s Phoenix Suns team? Nash, Amare, or Marion?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
governator wrote:

Nice try.

Nice try.

Ugh...nice reply.
I’m open to hearing why you would think different, if those numbers are accurate. (Don’t know if they are, just going by what another poster claimed)

It seems like exactly the type of question a LeBron James Thread would invite, yes?

It’s exactly the type of question a Lebron James thread would invite. It’s just not the type of question that someone who is truly open to this discussion would invite. I have seen your work in the “other” LBJ thread. I know what you’re up to in here in the LBJ thread. That’s why I say, nice try. =)

If you’re serious about discussing this, first tell me who was the MVP of the late 2000s Phoenix Suns team? Nash, Amare, or Marion?

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

If I remember correctly, Nash ran the show and Amare was the bull dozer.
A case could be made for either one, I would think. Kinda like my question here. Can’t a case be made for both our Big 2?

And enough with prejudging intentions.
Just weigh my words and see if they’re worthy of a response.

I’m a Life Long Laker fan who has a right to opinions too. If you disagree with mine, I’m not gonna call you out personally. I like giving respect and leaving childish nonsense at the door. Hopefully everyone else agrees..
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Our weakness today and in many games is our bench. The Mavs bench is solid, something that you can get away with when your top players are young and one is being paid nothing. It is obviously more difficult when your top players are a 7 year max and a 10 year max. The Mavs have some tradable contracts, if Cuban decides to go for it, they might make some noise in the playoffs.

And yes, I think that Luka is athletic

Ayyyy. This is the “he is an athlete therefore he is athletic” schtick. Nevermind.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
governator wrote:

Nice try.

Nice try.

Ugh...nice reply.

A case could be made for either one, I would think. Kinda like my question here. Can’t a case be made for both our Big 2?

I’m a Life Long Laker fan who has a right to opinions too. If you disagree with mine, I’m not gonna call you out personally. I like giving respect and leaving childish nonsense at the door. Hopefully everyone else agrees..

You made your intentions clear in that other thread man. Don’t make me post quote some of your gems! Haha.

Yes, a case can be made for both. But like Nash, Lebron runs the show here. The team goes how he drives it more than any other player. Go look up on/off for both leaders if you like.

You just took the word of the other poster on the stats. Why not just take mine? Suspicious!!!
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
governator wrote:

Nice try.

Nice try.

Ugh...nice reply.

You made your intentions clear in that other thread man. Don’t make me post quote some of your gems! Haha.

Yes, a case can be made for both. But like Nash, Lebron runs the show here. The team goes how he drives it more than any other player. Go look up on/off for both leaders if you like.

You just took the word of the other poster on the stats. Why not just take mine? Suspicious!!!

What stats did you provide, exactly?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Instead of relying on what "someone said," I would tell you to look at the stats yourself and if they move you to make a case to justify why AD should be MVP over Lebron go ahead. If they don't, this is all pretty pointless.

Assuming those numbers are accurate, I was curious why fans wouldn’t have AD as MVP of this squad and therefore the league.

You are going astray by trying to start a discussion about statistics you haven't look at.

So once again, I will attempt to have an actual discussion about the MVP race regarding our Big 2.
Given that AD leads in every major category minus assists, why would it be nuts for someone to have him ahead of LeBron in the discussion?

I'm glad you look up the stats. Before today's game, AD was averaging 0.4 more points per game and 0.2 more steals per game than Lebron. Let's start there. Is that significant to you?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
governator wrote:

Nice try.

Nice try.

Ugh...nice reply.

Are you saying I have to like LeBron???
I’ve made it clear I never have. But I also made it clear how impressed I’ve been with his leadership and defense this year.
If he continues to play like he has, I won’t be complaining.

Sound good, bro?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

I'm glad you look up the stats. Before today's game, AD was averaging 0.4 more points per game and 0.2 more steals per game than Lebron. Let's start there. Is that significant to you?

Not really. Good point
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

^ Sorry man. Not doing this in here.

If you really want to discuss this, start an “MVP: Lebron or AD” thread and we can all duke it out and run around in circles in there?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

If you really want to discuss this, start an “MVP: Lebron or AD” thread and we can all duke it out and run around in circles in there?

No thanks. Not that important to me.
I assumed we were all talking casually. My mistake
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Not really. Good point

Cool. I was just busting your chops a little The " who is leading in the most categories" thing is a shoddy analysis precisely because it declares that averaging 0.4 more point per game than someone equals out them averaging 8 more assists than you.

Overall, AD's and Lebron's stats are pretty equal. So I don't think you can make a stats-based case for one over the other.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:

It’s an endless argument based on the fact we have Two Legit MVP’s on our team. If the Lakers finish with the best overall record the MVP decision makers have a tough time figuring out who gets it between these two. Since the MVP award has pretty much been handed to the best player with the best record the past couple decades.

Lebron is averaging 26, 11, and 7 boards a game.

Anthony is averaging 26, 9, and 3 blocks a game.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

It’s an endless argument based on the fact we have Two Legit MVP’s on our team. If the Lakers finish with the best overall record the MVP decision makers have a tough time figuring out who gets it between these two. Since the MVP award has pretty much been handed to the best player with the best record the past couple decades.

Lebron is averaging 26, 11, and 7 boards a game.

Anthony is averaging 26, 9, and 3 blocks a game.

Yeah.. I got LeBron over AD for team MVP.
Was just playing devil’s advocate
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Offcourse it's v important to you. I posted 10 mins back and I see you posting multiple times saying but they said states were important

Just watch the game and even my 9yr old can tell lebron has much more impact on the game then ad
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Not really. Good point

Cool. I was just busting your chops a little The " who is leading in the most categories" thing is a shoddy analysis precisely because it declares that averaging 0.4 more point per game than someone equals out them averaging 8 more assists than you.

Overall, AD's and Lebron's stats are pretty equal. So I don't think you can make a stats-based case for one over the other.

You’re not wrong. But given the amount of responsibility LeBron has on offense plus the fact that his defense has been a plus gives him the edge here, I think
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Offcourse it's v important to you. I posted 10 mins back and I see you posting multiple times saying but they said states were important

Just watch the game and even my 9yr old can tell lebron has much more impact on the game then ad

Incorrect.
Not important enough to start a thread over, which is what I already said.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Magic and Kareem VS Lebron and AD who wins , winner ball , up to 21 no twos no dunking
:

Kobe and Shaq got next

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Magic and Kareem VS Lebron and AD who wins , winner ball , up to 21 no twos no dunking
:

Kobe and Shaq got next

Fun scenario.

Magic can’t stop LeBron but AD can’t stop Kareem
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

:

Kobe and Shaq got next

Fun scenario.

Magic can’t stop LeBron but AD can’t stop Kareem

An Lebron is stopping Magic?!? Yeah right.

Kareem’s height and wingspan on those sky hooks are devastating but AD’s quickness and ball handling would be a problem for him.

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Lebron’s been clutch a lot in the 4th rallying the team in the fast break plays and dialing in from 3.

Anthony’s been clutch with his defense and free throw shooting. Had a little luck from his perimeter shooting at times but Lebron has been more consistent in this department.

Tough to pick they compliment each other really well.
If I had to guess as they would continue at this pace,
Lebron MVP and AD DPOY

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Lebron’s been clutch a lot in the 4th rallying the team in the fast break plays and dialing in from 3.

Anthony’s been clutch with his defense and free throw shooting. Had a little luck from his perimeter shooting at times but Lebron has been more consistent in this department.

If I had to guess Lebron MVP and AD DPOY this season

We’ll take that
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

If I had to guess Lebron MVP and AD DPOY this season

This seems like the basic, reasonable conclusion.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I think everyone here has been riding high on the 10 game streak. They snuck out wins that I thought for sure were losses. They haven’t been playing masterful each and every game. I knew one would bite them. It always does.

I would like to see more out of some players. Kuzma and Rondo sucked today. Guys couldn’t shoot. I need to see Cook, Daniels and Green hitting 3’s. The offense was settling for crap. Really, Lebron and AD need to not iso but draw in multiple defenders and then kick out to shooters or cutters. I thought we settled for outside shots and they weren’t falling.

Like to see AD, Lebron, Howard, even Kuz, to take that ball to the rack. They weren’t today.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1277, 1278, 1279 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1278 of 2079
Jump to: