OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 621, 622, 623 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
troy wrote:
From a percentage standpoint, if you examine Kuz's career stats (3 seasons), he is actually, on average, getting worse. At best, in a few categories, he's about the same in this past 3 seasons.

Young NBA players should be getting better each year until they peak. Kuzma has not shown this. Even if you throw out this year due to recovering from injuries (which is a cop-out) and take his 1st vs his 2nd year, still, there is no significant improvements in his game, and in certain key cats, he's gotten worse.

This confirms my suspicions that Kuzma is not putting in the gym time to improve his game year to year. The only reason why the Lakers kept him as opposed to the young players we traded was that Kuzma works better off of Lebron, not because he is the better player of that group we traded (Ball, Ingram, Hart, Kuz).

I want Kuzma to cut off all those girly curls on his head and get in that gym and get better. He needs to start thinking about playing for the big contract.

It ain’t a lack of commitment in the gum. By all accounts he’s a very hard worker. He just lacks self-awareness and has more than likely simply reached his peak and began to plateau as a player.

That is how I feel as well. He was a 3 year college player, hardly anyone heard of him at the draft. It seemed like he came out of nowhere. I think he did put in the work to improve his game, but that took him from a relatively unknown to a 6th man on the Los Angeles Lakers. I don't think he gets this far by being lazy. I believe the kid does work hard but he just has certain physical limitations that affect his ceiling. He still has room to improve, but 3-4 year college players almost always have lower ceilings and maybe some people just need to recalibrate their expectations. He was never going to show a steep growth curve like the one-and-done lottery picks, obviously. Most of that growth has already happened considering his age.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
From a percentage standpoint, if you examine Kuz's career stats (3 seasons), he is actually, on average, getting worse. At best, in a few categories, he's about the same in this past 3 seasons.

Young NBA players should be getting better each year until they peak. Kuzma has not shown this. Even if you throw out this year due to recovering from injuries (which is a cop-out) and take his 1st vs his 2nd year, still, there is no significant improvements in his game, and in certain key cats, he's gotten worse.

This confirms my suspicions that Kuzma is not putting in the gym time to improve his game year to year. The only reason why the Lakers kept him as opposed to the young players we traded was that Kuzma works better off of Lebron, not because he is the better player of that group we traded (Ball, Ingram, Hart, Kuz).

I want Kuzma to cut off all those girly curls on his head and get in that gym and get better. He needs to start thinking about playing for the big contract.

It can’t confirm your suspicions if it isn’t true.

By accounts from people with direct access to the Lakers and the players, he’s the hardest working player on the team.

People need to calm down on the obsession with force jamming narratives to connect dots. It’s possible Kuz just isn’t much better than he has shown. Or its possible he’s been set back by the injuries he’s sustained in the 3-4 weeks he has been back.

That's even worst, because if he's the hardest working guy out there, why hasn't his game improved?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
troy wrote:

It ain’t a lack of commitment in the gum. By all accounts he’s a very hard worker. He just lacks self-awareness and has more than likely simply reached his peak and began to plateau as a player.

That is how I feel as well. He was a 3 year college player, hardly anyone heard of him at the draft. It seemed like he came out of nowhere. I think he did put in the work to improve his game, but that took him from a relatively unknown to a 6th man on the Los Angeles Lakers. I don't think he gets this far by being lazy. I believe the kid does work hard but he just has certain physical limitations that affect his ceiling. He still has room to improve, but 3-4 year college players almost always have lower ceilings and maybe some people just need to recalibrate their expectations. He was never going to show a steep growth curve like the one-and-done lottery picks, obviously. Most of that growth has already happened considering his age.

All the more reason why should have insisted on keeping Ingram. Because, by what you are saying, we can't expect much more from Kuz, improvements wise. And what's giving us right now, 3 years in the leauge, hasn't changed since his rookie year.

As such, Kuz cannot be relied upon to be our 3rd option and must either have his role changed on this team, or he needs to be traded.

My god, I wish would could have kept Ingram.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

Why is it we need to destroy a player when things goes wrong. We lost yesterday, cause the 50/50 ball goes the Mavs last game and we gave them so many second chances that resulted on big threes. FYI, we will lose games, so no need to blame a player for a loss

We knock Kuz but he has been doing what the coaches wanted him to do pass on good shot for great one, but before yesterday he been a positive +/- player

Mavs (-15) (LBJ -16 and Rondo -18)

Last ten games before the Mavs game

Wiz (+10)
NO (+8)
SA (+10)
Griz (+5)
OKC (-5) First time using glasses
OKC (+3) injured eye
ATL (+9)
Sac (-1)
GS (+21)
Phx (+10)

This shows he does not hurt the team, but help when he is on the floor.
People seems quick to criticize Kuz when he is taking less than 9 shot per game and seem to be playing the right way on offense. Yes he is not a def star, but he is not hurting the team when he plays per the +/-.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

I know kuzma can get back to his old scoring bucket self but if he doesn’t, he will on another team just like every young player that got traded.

Seems like this is gonna be the year he just can’t stay healthy to get in rhythm
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Why is it we need to destroy a player when things goes wrong. We lost yesterday, cause the 50/50 ball goes the Mavs last game and we gave them so many second chances that resulted on big threes. FYI, we will lose games, so no need to blame a player for a loss

We knock Kuz but he has been doing what the coaches wanted him to do pass on good shot for great one, but before yesterday he been a positive +/- player

Mavs (-15) (LBJ -16 and Rondo -18)

Last ten games before the Mavs game

Wiz (+10)
NO (+8)
SA (+10)
Griz (+5)
OKC (-5) First time using glasses
OKC (+3) injured eye
ATL (+9)
Sac (-1)
GS (+21)
Phx (+10)

This shows he does not hurt the team, but help when he is on the floor.
People seems quick to criticize Kuz when he is taking less than 9 shot per game and seem to be playing the right way on offense. Yes he is not a def star, but he is not hurting the team when he plays per the +/-.

I, for one, am not basing my criticisms on one game, per se, but his collection of work over the past 3 seasons. I need to see growth from our young Lakers, and I haven't seen that with Kuzma, hence my criticism.

Meanwhile, Brandon Ingram has improved his game across the board (FG%, Free throws, 3 point shooting, so forth).
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
I know kuzma can get back to his old scoring bucket self but if he doesn’t, he will on another team just like every young player that got traded.

Seems like this is gonna be the year he just can’t stay healthy to get in rhythm

He’s about the norm sans all-rookie year. He’s doesn’t get much excuses now that he’s playing under a real coach and staff with the FO gassing him up to be as good as Lou Williams type. I just want to see better defense cause Lebron and AD gonna turn him into the next Chalmers come playoffs.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:

It can’t confirm your suspicions if it isn’t true.

By accounts from people with direct access to the Lakers and the players, he’s the hardest working player on the team.

People need to calm down on the obsession with force jamming narratives to connect dots. It’s possible Kuz just isn’t much better than he has shown. Or its possible he’s been set back by the injuries he’s sustained in the 3-4 weeks he has been back.

That's even worst, because if he's the hardest working guy out there, why hasn't his game improved?

Well, we don’t know that yet. Could be because of injury. Could be because he just doesn’t get any better.

I was only pointing out that your suspicions were not only not confirmed, but simply not true based on direct accounts with people who have access to the players.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
troy wrote:

All the more reason why should have insisted on keeping Ingram. Because, by what you are saying, we can't expect much more from Kuz, improvements wise. And what's giving us right now, 3 years in the leauge, hasn't changed since his rookie year.

As such, Kuz cannot be relied upon to be our 3rd option and must either have his role changed on this team, or he needs to be traded.

Wow. Ingram over AD?

Sucks we have to lose and then ppl lose their minds.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
32 wrote:
I thought he played really good defense tonight. He was +10 tied with AD for 2nd best.

He shot 3 for 10 from the field, 0 for 3 from three. He was only a +10 because he played majority of his mins next to Rondo who was a +13.

People pay too much attention to analytics, rather than just watching the game. Kuzma is not very good. Outside of being streaky, he doesn't really provide anything in any other area. Not assists, rebounds, or defense. When he is not streaking, he is virtually useless.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

The problem with Kuz is he is greatly overrated due to his stint with Team USA. Out of it we were expecting a third star.
But in reality he is still developing.
His worth right now is when he is hot he can score in bunches and carry the team. This is a good asset.
But considering his salary he is still a good deal.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
The problem with Kuz is he is greatly overrated due to his stint with Team USA. Out of it we were expecting a third star.
His worth right now is when he is hot he can score in bunches and carry the team. This is a good asset.

He's not reliable and worthless if he's not scoring. Too young to make a difference on a championship team. He's our only trade bait right now. Whatever is left of his stock because it's rock bottom right now.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Get healthy Kuz.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
troy wrote:

That wasn’t a choice. People need to stop presenting this as an option. It wasn’t. The Pelicans weren’t going to take Kuzma instead of Ingram. Period.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
laker50 wrote:

He's not reliable and worthless if he's not scoring. Too young to make a difference on a championship team. He's our only trade bait right now. Whatever is left of his stock because it's rock bottom right now.

Yep if he aint scoring and shooting high percentage hes utterly useless. Lou will if he has bad shooting night can still set up teammates, Trez if he aint scoring out there making hustle plays. Kuz if he aint scoring hes a net negative because hes a terrible defender, horrible rebounder for his size, and cant dribble or create. I hope he gets out of the funk but he put the bullseye on himself with all the yapping he did in the off season. Either he shows up or hes out and will be like clarkson rotting away on a lottery team putting up points
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Same player he was when he was drafted.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma actually ran his mouth about Luka

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/1008837102325264384
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Here’s my thing aboutKuz. IIRC, I remember catching a game or two of his at Utah his, one being against BI. Then I remembered MJST talking about him I think leading up to the draft. I watched and really liked what I saw out of him with his all around potential and ability to stretch the floor. He seemed mobile and willing to TRY on D. These lead to a guy I thought could really flourish beside of our other young guys. His mobility seemed a sure fire team defender especially in the open game were seeing more and more of.

I then read a response by Mike talking about how Kuzma literally COULDNT play defense. I was very skeptical of this because my eye test told me something completely different.

Three years later, Kuzma is no longer getting rebounds and pushing the ball looking for the best way to get points on the board whether by himself or finding an open teammate. He gets the rebound and pushes it with one thing on his mind which is finishing himself (usually failure). I no longer see a guy willing to hustle and do the dirty work, I no longer see a guy looking to play an all-around game. I now see a guy who made his name leaking out in SPL and living off of Zo and Caruso finding him in the break and getting open looks from deep. He’s become a player who breaks the flow of the offense at times taking Ill-advised shots and simply not willing to do what the team needs of him.

When that shot isn’t falling and he’s not moving the ball he’s simply useless. This isn’t Lou Williams where he’s still making plays regardless of the shot falling. This is a guy reliant on others for the most part to get him the shots he needs to succeed. I need more from Kuz because I KNOW he’s capable. I need him to lose the hype he’s had placed on himself (by himself) and take a look in the mirror, get a bit of self awareness and become the player we need him to be for us to succeed.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Here’s my thing aboutKuz. IIRC, I remember catching a game or two of his at Utah his, one being against BI. Then I remembered MJST talking about him I think leading up to the draft. I watched and really liked what I saw out of him with his all around potential and ability to stretch the floor. He seemed mobile and willing to TRY on D. These lead to a guy I thought could really flourish beside of our other young guys. His mobility seemed a sure fire team defender especially in the open game were seeing more and more of.

I then read a response by Mike talking about how Kuzma literally COULDNT play defense. I was very skeptical of this because my eye test told me something completely different.

Three years later, Kuzma is no longer getting rebounds and pushing the ball looking for the best way to get points on the board whether by himself or finding an open teammate. He gets the rebound and pushes it with one thing on his mind which is finishing himself (usually failure). I no longer see a guy willing to hustle and do the dirty work, I no longer see a guy looking to play an all-around game. I now see a guy who made his name leaking out in SPL and living off of Zo and Caruso finding him in the break and getting open looks from deep. He’s become a player who breaks the flow of the offense at times taking Ill-advised shots and simply not willing to do what the team needs of him.

When that shot isn’t falling and he’s not moving the ball he’s simply useless. This isn’t Lou Williams where he’s still making plays regardless of the shot falling. This is a guy reliant on others for the most part to get him the shots he needs to succeed. I need more from Kuz because I KNOW he’s capable. I need him to lose the hype he’s had placed on himself (by himself) and take a look in the mirror, get a bit of self awareness and become the player we need him to be for us to succeed.

Everything is correct here, but the question is, why? If you look at Kuz's numbers since his rookie year, he's actually getting worse, on average, instead of better.

Ingram has improved his game. Ball is shooting better and his court vision is supposedly better. Hart continues to play solid ball; nothing special, but he isn't regressing (maybe his 3 point shot, he is).

But Kuz? What has he improved on? His 3 point shot? No. His FG percentage is still mid/low 40%. His rebounds are not up there, and he's probably gotten worse on D. And yet, he's supposed to be our 3rd best player? He's one of those every 5 games guys; he'll be horrible, but every 5th game he'll score big, and then everyone will get their hopes up high, until reality sets in the next game.

Either he's not putting the work in, he's not working the right way, or he just doesn't have it in him. Whatever it is, I hope he fixes it. Our success is dependent on his ability to play consistently well.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

Excellent analysis.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

He is gone Hollywood
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping for an orlando Rashard Lewis type year but he s basically a devin ebanks with a good haircut
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
I was hoping for an orlando Rashard Lewis type year but he s basically a devin ebanks with a good haircut

aight now ur just hating!!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

He did say Kuz had a good haircut, at least.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

He did say Kuz had a good haircut, at least.

It's horrible
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 621, 622, 623 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 622 of 880
Jump to: