What happened to Kuz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
troy wrote:
The great Michael Jordon once said the reason why he cut his hair and went bald was that he was in the gym sweating so much, it was easier for him to shower afterwards and not worry about combing his hair.

Kuzma comes out with his feminine hairdos every other game, which certainly requires quite a bit of time and effort to look nice and sparkling. This makes me question his dedication to the work ethic and gym time required to being great, versus spending hours in the beauty salon.

This is the kind of abject stupidity that fans live for. So easy to play this game when you don't have others reading that much into your every decision and drawing absurd conclusions like that about your own life. Stop it.

Yeah, the whole hair thing is a bit hyperbolic since there has been endless great players through all sports that "cared about there hair styles" these guys are celebrities and constantly in the public eye. It's not fair to compare a late second round pick to Jordan especially haha.

I'm tired of piling on Kuz at this point and most of my disappointment has come from the mental side of things more then anything else. He looks absolutely lost many times and makes poor decisions on both ends way too often for being a main rotation player on a contender imo. I hope he can turn things around but it's way more then just making some adjustments at this point.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:
The great Michael Jordon once said the reason why he cut his hair and went bald was that he was in the gym sweating so much, it was easier for him to shower afterwards and not worry about combing his hair.

Kuzma comes out with his feminine hairdos every other game, which certainly requires quite a bit of time and effort to look nice and sparkling. This makes me question his dedication to the work ethic and gym time required to being great, versus spending hours in the beauty salon.

This is the kind of abject stupidity that fans live for. So easy to play this game when you don't have others reading that much into your every decision and drawing absurd conclusions like that about your own life. Stop it.

Yeah, the whole hair thing is a bit hyperbolic since there has been endless great players through all sports that "cared about there hair styles" these guys are celebrities and constantly in the public eye. It's not fair to compare a late second round pick to Jordan especially haha.

I'm tired of piling on Kuz at this point and most of my disappointment has come from the mental side of things more then anything else. He looks absolutely lost many times and makes poor decisions on both ends way too often for being a main rotation player on a contender imo. I hope he can turn things around but it's way more then just making some adjustments at this point.

I think things would be a lot different for him if he had been able to start the season healthy. He started from behind and had to be plugged in. It's tough to do that when it's a whole new team, new coaching staff, schemes, etc. Everything is different from last year. He didn't even have a training camp. That's tough. But he's a terrific player and we haven't even reached Christmas yet. He'll settle in before long and things will slow down for him. I'm very sure of that. He's going to benefit from all of the veteran leadership he has (remember Dudley is his guy) and Vogel and Handy. Kuz is going to be just fine.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm all about realistic expectations and achievable results.
I don't expect Kuz to be + defender or rebounder... ever.
And I don't care what he does with his hair.
As long as he shoots well for us this postseason, I'll count his season as a success.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

I think things would be a lot different for him if he had been able to start the season healthy. He started from behind and had to be plugged in. It's tough to do that when it's a whole new team, new coaching staff, schemes, etc. Everything is different from last year. He didn't even have a training camp. That's tough. But he's a terrific player and we haven't even reached Christmas yet. He'll settle in before long and things will slow down for him. I'm very sure of that. He's going to benefit from all of the veteran leadership he has (remember Dudley is his guy) and Vogel and Handy. Kuz is going to be just fine.

Yeah, that's what I am hoping as well as i've said that earlier in the season where it's his first season in the NBA playing with a contender and around so many vets and an above average coaching staff where he will not just be able to continue getting away with bad habits like he did in the past.

It's def. still early and plenty of time so i'm hoping for the best. I'm just not nearly as confident since what we see in his shooting and decision making goes way back to his high school days but i'll remain cautiously optimistic and hope for the best as him being solid could very well put us over the top this season.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I hate how he relies too much on launching 3 point shots which he is bound to have on and off games. He needs to learn to drive to the hoop to draw fouls and get higher % shots
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Melo looking pretty good right now compared to Kuz.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Because melo is getting a chance to play his game. Melo isn't a catch and shoot 3's type of player. He's iso, back you down, mid range, pick if I'm a fade away, drive, pass, occasional 3 type of player. The thing I'm liking about melo is he is moving the ball around. He's fitting into the blazers perfectly, while if he was on the Lakers, he would be Melo on rockets or thunder because we would just ask him to catch and shoot. He wouldn't get to play his game.

Kuz... Kuz is just not very good, that people over-hyped. Melo is good, was just in bad situations on thunder and Rockets. He would have been in a bad situation if he played here as well.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

I stand by my assessment. There's not one of the elite NBA players that has fancy hairdoes. Not now, not in the past. At most, you get cornrolls, which are not fancy. Not Kobe, Not Kev Durant, Not Steph Curry, Not Lebron, AD, PG, KL, Not Jordan, Not Larry Bird, Not Kareem. None of them. The best athletes are dedicated to their craft, not to getting their hair and nails done.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

I stand by my assessment. There's not one of the elite NBA players that has fancy hairdoes. Not now, not in the past. At most, you get cornrolls, which are not fancy. Not Kobe, Not Kev Durant, Not Steph Curry, Not Lebron, AD, PG, KL, Not Jordan, Not Larry Bird, Not Kareem. None of them. The best athletes are dedicated to their craft, not to getting their hair and nails done.

But your assessment is wrong. Why stand by an incorrect assessment?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

Ridiculous.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

There is definitely nothing scientific about that assessment, but this happens to be my pet peeve as well. Again, I know there is nothing scientific about this. It's just about making an impression. Pretty boys don't make good impressions on me. I was just shaking my head when Jeremy Lin started doing different hairdos every week. Like, what are you doing? And now he's out of the league. They only pretty boy I know who backs it up is Pretty Boy Floyd. LOL!
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

What about my assessment is wrong. An assessment is a personal anaylsis of something. Hard to prove those wrong.lol
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

There is definitely nothing scientific about that assessment, but this happens to be my pet peeve as well. Again, I know there is nothing scientific about this. It's just about making an impression. Pretty boys don't make good impressions on me. I was just shaking my head when Jeremy Lin started doing different hairdos every week. Like, what are you doing? And now he's out of the league.They only pretty boy I know who backs it up is Pretty Boy Floyd. LOL!

Yup, I'm sure there's a connection there!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

There is definitely nothing scientific about that assessment, but this happens to be my pet peeve as well. Again, I know there is nothing scientific about this. It's just about making an impression. Pretty boys don't make good impressions on me. I was just shaking my head when Jeremy Lin started doing different hairdos every week. Like, what are you doing? And now he's out of the league.They only pretty boy I know who backs it up is Pretty Boy Floyd. LOL!

It's Hair Analytics, it's going to be the next big thing!
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

The hair is more the symbology behind the issue. The issue is having a warrior's approach to being the best you can be, ala Kobe Bryant. The NBA is a physically and mentally tasking endeavor, if it is approached correctly. When you are on that court, your mindset should be on killing your opponent however you can. There should be zero consideration of how pretty you are looking. J That is why I say the best players present and past don't come on the court with makeup and fancy hairdoes. Just my 2 cents. No need to beat this one into the ground.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

The hair is more the symbology behind the issue. The issue is having a warrior's approach to being the best you can be, ala Kobe Bryant. The NBA is a physically and mentally tasking endeavor, if it is approached correctly. When you are on that court, your mindset should be on killing your opponent however you can. There should be zero consideration of how pretty you are looking. J That is why I say the best players present and past don't come on the court with makeup and fancy hairdoes. Just my 2 cents. No need to beat this one into the ground.

I'm on your side.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

If you want to sport fancy hairdoes in games, you better perform really well, otherwise you look like a total clown and deserve the ridicule.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

He seems discombobulated ....

OH how I wished it was him, not BI that was part of the deal. But lets face it, that was pipe/

He plays so stiff, almost robotic, inefficient robot that is...
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

His feet being on crack was the best description of his play.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
He seems discombobulated ....

OH how I wished it was him, not BI that was part of the deal. But lets face it, that was pipe/

He plays so stiff, almost robotic, inefficient robot that is...

Hair is on point tho
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Doesnt seem too worried he put a 30% sale on twitter and rightfully so laker fans going in on him
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

What about my assessment is wrong. An assessment is a personal anaylsis of something. Hard to prove those wrong.lol

Because people with actual connections to the players have said he is the hardest working player on the team currently. They didn’t say he works hard, they literally said he is the hardest worker. Now I suppose it is possible that none of the Lakers work hard at all and he just works the hardest by default. Is that your assessment?

So your assessment about his work ethic is incorrect.

I get you don’t like hairdos, but the connection to work ethic is false. Of course, you can gripe about the hairdo haha. I even share that one.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject:

I thought he was earning his 2M until his eyeball was flayed open. Twice. We'll see how the season goes.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Melo sucks. Kuzma had a stretch this season where he was on fire too. Kuzma has to improve and grow. Melo has sucked for years and a small stretch of games against bad teams where he scores doesn’t change that. I would bet money on Melo crashing and burning soon while Kuzma improves. Kuzma isn’t likely to be the third star he was trying to hype himself up to be, but he can be useful role player. There’s still hope Kuzma can become a decent defender (and Kuzma has had games this season where’s he’s been pretty decent on defense) which is something that never happened with Melo.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Melo sucks. Kuzma had a stretch this season where he was on fire too. Kuzma has to improve and grow. Melo has sucked for years and a small stretch of games against bad teams where he scores doesn’t change that. I would bet money on Melo crashing and burning soon while Kuzma improves. Kuzma isn’t likely to be the third star he was trying to hype himself up to be, but he can be useful role player. There’s still hope Kuzma can become a decent defender (and Kuzma has had games this season where’s he’s been pretty decent on defense) which is something that never happened with Melo.

Both streaky on offense, bad on defense. Melo is better on the boards but Kuz is not as consistently horrible on D. I can't decide who is worse lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10
Jump to: