Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:
Referees decided that it was time for the Lakers to lose, simple as that. No team can overcome that level of biased refereeing we had to witness in the 3rd quarter. All those missed 3s were just a result of that. Mavs are no competition for the Lakers when the playing field is even. They will get swept in the Playoffs.

If you’re saying we are better than the Mavs, then that wouldn’t be an even playing field.

What I'm trying to say is that teams like the Mavs need help from the refs to be competitive with the Lakers, which is not a bad thing per se.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:
Referees decided that it was time for the Lakers to lose, simple as that. No team can overcome that level of biased refereeing we had to witness in the 3rd quarter. All those missed 3s were just a result of that. Mavs are no competition for the Lakers when the playing field is even. They will get swept in the Playoffs.

If you’re saying we are better than the Mavs, then that wouldn’t be an even playing field.

What I'm trying to say is that teams like the Mavs need help from the refs to be competitive with the Lakers, which is not a bad thing per se.

Mavs have better depth than us. You are sleeping on them as a team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Referees were horrid, but I tend to lean towards the bad habits/wake up call side.

They faced a good team who smoked them for bad habits. It’s not OKC or Memphis.

It was a good wake up call, I’ll be concerned if they come back 0-3 from this trip.

You would think that the OT win in Dallas would have been a wake up call. We match up poorly with the Mavs. Imagine if they trade for Iggy.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Referees were horrid, but I tend to lean towards the bad habits/wake up call side.

It was a good wake up call, I’ll be concerned if they come back 0-3 from this trip.

You would think that the OT win in Dallas would have been a wake up call. We match up poorly with the Mavs. Imagine if they trade for Iggy.

Iggy is done. I'd be shocked if he is even playable at his age. Dude has been nagged by injuries forever.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

How exactly do we match poorly with the Mavs? They made their 3s and we missed ours, simple as that. In fact, they can’t even defend us if they can’t sit back in that zone. AD will kill them.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Iggy is done. I'd be shocked if he is even playable at his age. Dude has been nagged by injuries forever.

Pfft, you probably said similar things with Melo and Howard.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Carushow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:

I'm not at all concerned about a team lead by a (albeit great) 20 y.o. with geriatric looking Porzingis as their 2nd option tbh, and I don't think they are that much deeper than the Lakers. If we can't beat that team, we will be in big trouble against the Clippers or Rockets.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Iggy is a Playoffs beast.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
TMG wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Pfft, you probably said similar things with Melo and Howard.

Melo i said was done Howard i knew wasn't
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
TMG wrote:
Carushow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:

I'm not at all concerned about a team lead by a (albeit great) 20 y.o. with geriatric looking Porzingis as their 2nd option tbh, and I don't think they are that much deeper than the Lakers. If we can't beat that team, we will be in big trouble against the Clippers or Rockets.

it's all about having players that can help out with the load.

Mavs have great depth in Jackson,Delon,hardaway, 3 guys that can score and create.

Clippers have Trez-Lou best bench duo in the league

Houston we match up well against i think.

If we are on our A-game and role players hit their damn shots we are the toughest team in the league...But when you have guys like Kuz and Rondo messing up an offense and missing on defense yeah cause for concern. Rondo cant play out there against good teams.

Last edited by TMG on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Carushow wrote:

This rookie speaks truth, I like it.

Anybody at the game could see that. BS calls that completely changed momentum. Even Vogel got a tech for it. How many times have you seen that?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

There were bad calls for sure, but they have been happening all season. Because we have elite paint play and the league has not seen talent like this inside for a long time, they are calling it different against us.

That is not the issue though - IMO. When we only have a +8 advantage in the paint, while they have a +30 advantage on 3 pointers, we can not get those games go our way. We had an off night shooting the ball, and they had a very good night. Then, we had an average night inside.

The refs (bleep) momentum, but not the game, IMO. The game was not going our way, anyway. I'm a huge supporter of how we play and what we are trying to do. But for about 2 weeks now, we have been coasting. It's about time we play some good teams, lose serious ground in games when we play bad, instead of being able to turn it on and win despite playing a bad game.

To start the season we were holding a lot of teams to under 100, and playing dominant D. Avery Bradley is gone. And you're seeing guys not work as hard on rotations and their man as much. Outside of AD, Howard, Caruso, no one else is playing the same D they were in October. Gotta get back to that defensive effort. Offense comes and goes. Can not let a team get off as many 3 point shots (that were good looks) as we did. Not on our home floor. The defense is on us, not the refs. The offense, sure, the refs definitely hurt us in the 3rd.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

We played a team with a record above 500 and lost. We're a good team who had a relativity easy schedule so far. Now is the time to see what we're made of the schedule is getting tough.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Only thing that will make me feel better today is if the Clippers lose.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Team needs a consistent 3rd scorer... Cousins would be nice but he won't be ready for a while.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Damn, the Bucks did it... they are on 11 game win streak. We gotta start over.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
There were bad calls for sure, but they have been happening all season. Because we have elite paint play and the league has not seen talent like this inside for a long time, they are calling it different against us.

That is not the issue though - IMO. When we only have a +8 advantage in the paint, while they have a +30 advantage on 3 pointers, we can not get those games go our way. We had an off night shooting the ball, and they had a very good night. Then, we had an average night inside.

The refs (bleep) momentum, but not the game, IMO. The game was not going our way, anyway. I'm a huge supporter of how we play and what we are trying to do. But for about 2 weeks now, we have been coasting. It's about time we play some good teams, lose serious ground in games when we play bad, instead of being able to turn it on and win despite playing a bad game.

To start the season we were holding a lot of teams to under 100, and playing dominant D. Avery Bradley is gone. And you're seeing guys not work as hard on rotations and their man as much. Outside of AD, Howard, Caruso, no one else is playing the same D they were in October. Gotta get back to that defensive effort. Offense comes and goes. Can not let a team get off as many 3 point shots (that were good looks) as we did. Not on our home floor. The defense is on us, not the refs. The offense, sure, the refs definitely hurt us in the 3rd.

Good post👍
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

So I didn’t watch the game during day. Saw score, came here to see comments. I just watched game from the 2-3 minutes before halftime to 3 minutes left in the game.

Some things that jumped out at me. First the whole issue with the refs when it started was not as big a deal at the time. Notably the play where KCP played solid d on Porzingis and was called for a foul - yes I thought that was a bad call, but Porzingis missed the subsequent free throws and it was still a 1-2 point game well within reach. What absolutely did hurt was the fact coming out in second half Lakers didn’t attack the zone d like they did in the past, were passive and just trying to shoot over it (wasn’t Kuzma scolded by LBJ for doing just that?). I didn’t see any big man action between AD and Javale to attack it either. Lakers just keep trying to do jump shots and fade-aways and started quarter cold scoring 0 points first 4 minutes. Only 5 by the 4 minute mark in 3rd. The execution was frustrating to watch and frankly inept.

Then there was the sequence to open second half where mavs got 3-4 offensive rebounds on one possession. This was just further emphasized when laker D just fell asleep and left wide open 3s vs a team that needs them (they shot almost 50 3s).

TLDR: bad d and Lakers by 3 minute mark in fourth had scored all of *29* points in second half. That’s a bad joke.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

While there were some suspect non-calls taking place, that is NO excuse for the lackluster effort this team showed throughout this game. Let's be real, the Wizards game was a blowout, we all needed that but all those wins were comebacks. Eventually, it was going to bite them in the ass and it did. You take the loss and you move on because the next opponent is right around the corner.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
While there were some suspect non-calls taking place, that is NO excuse for the lackluster effort this team showed throughout this game. Let's be real, the Wizards game was a blowout, we all needed that but all those wins were comebacks. Eventually, it was going to bite them in the ass and it did. You take the loss and you move on because the next opponent is right around the corner.
malcolm
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Carushow wrote:
Lakers were up 3 at half-time. Multiple clown calls in the 3rd sucked the life out of the team. Embarrassing performance by the refs again. There is a clear agenda not to give LeBron any foul calls. Something smells very rotten in Denmark. They need to address this matter now.

Denmark?

http://www.shakespeare-online.com/quickquotes/quickquotehamletdenmark.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
Lakers were up 3 at half-time. Multiple clown calls in the 3rd sucked the life out of the team. Embarrassing performance by the refs again. There is a clear agenda not to give LeBron any foul calls. Something smells very rotten in Denmark. They need to address this matter now.

Steve Ballmer's not bribing any officials. The refs didn't beat us the Mavs did. Lakers were flat Mavs were lights out. We're a better team that lost to a lesser team. Ish happens. Could be a wake up call. Been flipping the switch for awhile. It short circuited last night.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Steve Ballmer's not bribing any officials. The refs didn't beat us the Mavs did. Lakers were flat Mavs were lights out. We're a better team that lost to a lesser team. Ish happens. Could be a wake up call. Been flipping the switch for awhile. It short circuited last night.
Yep!
"IT happens" .... Forrest Gump
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Yep!
"IT happens" .... Forrest Gump

Basketball is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Jocinetu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Dwight
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28
Jump to: