OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3846, 3847, 3848 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need their version of a Lou Williams someone who can come off the bench and put up points with some level of consistency, I think we all had hopes that would be Kuzma, but so far that hasn't been the case.

One thing I've noticed about the Lakers over the decades we've often signed players who are regarded as solid as three point shooters, but there numbers seem to tank when they come to LA, even when they are getting more wide open three attempts...it's weird

More recently, everyone seems to shoot 3 pointers like gods against us, also weird
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
Lakers need their version of a Lou Williams someone who can come off the bench and put up points with some level of consistency, I think we all had hopes that would be Kuzma, but so far that hasn't been the case.

One thing I've noticed about the Lakers over the decades we've often signed players who are regarded as solid as three point shooters, but there numbers seem to tank when they come to LA, even when they are getting more wide open three attempts...it's weird

More recently, everyone seems to shoot 3 pointers like gods against us, also weird

The most realistic version that we have a chance to get assuming the Thunder are out of playoff contention is Gallinari, imagine him coming off the bench for this Lakers team that would be amazing for us.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Well Melo was better than Troy Daniels and Dudley.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Of course he is, despite the noise that he was done he was still a superstar back in his hay day and we all knew he can put up good stats, if the Blazers can turn there season around courtesy of Melo that would be a good story.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We have nothing to trade.

It’s conversation, we don’t need to hear this 30,000 times.

But the Clippers or Mavs can execute on any trade they desire, am I correct?

Apparently, some of you do, lol. And yes, both the Clippers and the Mavs have more tradable assets than we do. Not sure why that's so controversial. *shrugs
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Apparently, some of you do, lol. And yes, both the Clippers and the Mavs have more tradable assets than we do. Not sure why that's so controversial. *shrugs

First, it was Dragic as a trade candidate in general. Not specifically to the Lakers.

Second, we don’t need to hear 3 times a day how the Lakers can’t do anything but the rest of the league can pull off anything.

No one here is delusional, we just have some selective reading that goes on and some agenda pushing.

It’s not like anyone is coming up with ridiculous trade offers. Unless it’s the Kuzma for old name player type trade.

*double shoulder shrug*
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
But based on comments made by numerous people in Toronto on Wednesday, many in the Raptors’ organization believe that the changes could come higher on the organizational chart and that if the Knicks’ struggles continue, at season’s end, Dolan will make an effort to convince Masai Ujiri to come to New York. And the fear within the Raptors’ organization is that Ujiri will go.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/12/02/report-fear-within-raptors-organization-that-masai-ujiri-will-leave-for-knicks/
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

First, it was Dragic as a trade candidate in general. Not specifically to the Lakers.

Second, we don’t need to hear 3 times a day how the Lakers can’t do anything but the rest of the league can pull off anything.

No one here is delusional, we just have some selective reading that goes on and some agenda pushing.

It’s not like anyone is coming up with ridiculous trade offers. Unless it’s the Kuzma for old name player type trade.

*double shoulder shrug*

Exactly, nobody is saying we have more assets anyways.. It's usually the same people replying the same bs how we cant make trades blah blah.. Just because those teams have the potential to make possibly bigger trades or multiple small trades does not change the fact that the Lakers can still pull off a small move or two which is all we really need anyways since we're clear contenders. There's also a chance we pull off no moves and just try to hit the buyout market.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

*double shoulder shrug*

Exactly, nobody is saying we have more assets anyways.. It's usually the same people replying the same bs how we cant make trades blah blah.. Just because those teams have the potential to make possibly bigger trades or multiple small trades does not change the fact that the Lakers can still pull off a small move or two which is all we really need anyways since we're clear contenders. There's also a chance we pull off no moves and just try to hit the buyout market.

Honestly, most of our trade assets don’t really become assets until seasons end save for Kuz/Green. (Javan’s, Bradley, Rondo& KCP aren’t useful until their NTC is out of the way).
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Not a Kobe Stan but this team could use a Mamba. Give me the ball and get the (bleep) out of my way.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Looks like we are going to be facing a pissed off Jazz team Wednesday. They are getting destroyed again tonight @PHI.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Early, but right now he looks way better than Kuzma, too.
But at least with Kuz, you see some hope that defense will come and he will cut off the ball. Melo is still the same no D, chucker he has always been.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

The issue with Melo was his refusal to accept a tertiary role as a bench guy who might or might not play. If he was willing to accept those roles, he would have been kept by Houston or OKC, but he wasn’t. He insists on being a starter. A brief stretch against bad teams and a fairly BS player of the week doesn’t somehow make Melo good. He isn’t.
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

According to RAPTOR, Rondo is the 4th worst defensive pg (190 minutes or more). Below him is IT, Fox, and Frank Jackson

Thoughts on Ryan Arcidiacono, Satoransky, or Jalen Brunson (don't see mavs moving him if the deal doesn't make enough sense)?

Need 3 things on this damn team:

#3 scoring option
Better backup pg
3/4 who can play defense and hopefully hit shots

But its tough to fix all 3

I think a guy like Ryan Arci can fix the backup pg position and shouldn't be hard to get. Daniels and THT should do it.

Then I think Kuzma and salary filler can fix one of those other spots. Leaves us a spot short

Unless we get a guy who can fill 2 roles basically.

Bogdan may fill the role of a #3 option and can handle well enough to be main ball handler off the bench. But he would cost Kuzma + more (if even doable). Leaves us with no assets for the 3/4 defender

TJ Warren may be able to be #3 option and play some defense. His defensive numbers this year have been good I believe, but they have been awful before.

Dinwiddie could be a #3 option and backup pg, but I don't see us being able to get him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:29 am    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
According to RAPTOR, Rondo is the 4th worst defensive pg (190 minutes or more). Below him is IT, Fox, and Frank Jackson

Thoughts on Ryan Arcidiacono, Satoransky, or Jalen Brunson (don't see mavs moving him if the deal doesn't make enough sense)?

Need 3 things on this damn team:

#3 scoring option
Better backup pg
3/4 who can play defense and hopefully hit shots

But its tough to fix all 3

I think a guy like Ryan Arci can fix the backup pg position and shouldn't be hard to get. Daniels and THT should do it.

Then I think Kuzma and salary filler can fix one of those other spots. Leaves us a spot short

Unless we get a guy who can fill 2 roles basically.

Bogdan may fill the role of a #3 option and can handle well enough to be main ball handler off the bench. But he would cost Kuzma + more (if even doable). Leaves us with no assets for the 3/4 defender

TJ Warren may be able to be #3 option and play some defense. His defensive numbers this year have been good I believe, but they have been awful before.

Dinwiddie could be a #3 option and backup pg, but I don't see us being able to get him.

While I would not rule out a THT trade, I truly cannot see Laker management trading him as part of a deal for a player as marginal as Ryan Arcidiacano.

And while I also won't rule out a Kuzma trade, I will note that I doubt that Laker management would trade Kuzma for a rental player. With that said, Bogdanovich would be an interesting player in that, despite being 27 and despite his current contract expiring at the end of this season, he will be a restricted free agent and not unrestricted. So unless we pull a Julius Randle and just rescind his QO, we would have the ability to match all offers on him. Assuming he gets at least a small raise, you could use his salary to possibly make a big trade next season after Dec. 15, 2020. (Say he got roughly $12MM a season. You could trade he and KCP for a player making something like $25MM a year. Or if it were he and Danny Green, now you're talking about something like $30-35MM a year.)

So Kuzma plus some salary filler would work for Bogdanovich. Is Bogdan better than Kuzma right now? There's not really a question about that. Will he be better next year? Very likely. And we would have the ability to trade his higher salary a year sooner than we could with Kuz, who still has two more years to go on his rookie deal, and that is important when thinking about how many elite years that LeBron may have left. You'd think that Luke would have interest in Kuzma again, and perhaps Kings management would, too, given that Kuz would be a lot cheaper than Bogdanovich next season. Just something to think about, since we're in a championship window and since it's not like Bogdan is 35. He's still young enough to where he would be in his prime on his next contract, should we actually hold on to him, and, as mentioned, he could be a trade chip for us at some point. And it's actually quite likely that Bogdan would have more value as a trade chip on his next contract compared to when Kuzma will be on his next contract, just given that I think Kuzma won't be as good. Bogdan has him dwarfed in terms of 3-point shooting and playmaking.

As a final point on this, I remember an article in Basketball Insiders that noted that while the Kings weren't considering offers on him a month ago, they could likely change their position as the season wore on, especially if they didn't feel like a good playoff run was realistic. I mean, they are only a game out of 8th in the West right now, but I still feel like Portland will get back into it and even if they sneaked into the playoffs, I don't think that constitutes "a good playoff run." I'm still guessing that they trade him. Now, whether that's to us, obviously that's another matter entirely.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

Trading kuzma would set us back 10 years, literally. He is our only young player to accompany Davis in the future. Not only that but he a legit NBA player just being mis-used. He is being asked to come off the bench and score but he can't do that!!! he has no handles.

Kuzma needs to be spoon fed by LeBron and Davis.

By starting Kuz, LBJ and Davis you would have enough scoring unlike what we have shown vs TOR, LAC and DAl.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Let's add to this. The Clippers can trade for a player that has an actual salary in the range $25mil to 27mil.

The 2 targets I fear are Steven Adams & BBeal.

Let take SAdams as an example.

SAdams 's salary is 25,842

Clippers can trade

MHarkless - 11,011
IZubac - 6,841
R McGruder - 4,807

for him.

So yes, Clippers can do trades; Lakers are handcuffed.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Let's add to this. The Clippers can trade for a player that has an actual salary in the range $25mil to 27mil.

The 2 targets I fear are Steven Adams & BBeal.

Let take SAdams as an example.

SAdams 's salary is 25,842

Clippers can trade

MHarkless - 11,011
IZubac - 6,841
R McGruder - 4,807

for him.

So yes, Clippers can do trades; Lakers are handcuffed.

BBeal can't be traded this season but S.Adams instead of Zubac is scary
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

Melo named NBA Player of the Week!

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/12/02/nba-players-week-6-giannis-antetokounmpo-carmelo-anthony

• Blazers 117, Bulls 94 (Nov. 25)
25 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal

• Blazers 136, Thunder 119 (Nov. 27)
19 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists

• Blazers 107, Bulls 103 (Nov. 29)
23 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal

Where's all the evil naysayers who ridiculed me for suggesting Lakers sign Melo?????

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

Go to Blazersground.net. This is trolling at this point. What's the point of crying about Melo/
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/12/02/nba-players-week-6-giannis-antetokounmpo-carmelo-anthony

Where's all the evil naysayers who ridicule d me for suggesting Lakers sign Melo?????

You just love Carmelo!! We signed Howard. Better pickup.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
acer77 wrote:

Where's all the evil naysayers who ridicule d me for suggesting Lakers sign Melo?????

You just love Carmelo!! We signed Howard. Better pickup.
Yep, he is a Melosexual.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

Hypothetical: IF the bulls were ready to move on from Markkanen and wanted Kuz; would you do a Kuz+ for Markkannen?

Probably still unlikely, but the dude is lost in Chicago under Boylen.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Hypothetical: IF the bulls were ready to move on from Markkanen and wanted Kuz; would you do a Kuz+ for Markkannen?

I would, feels like the ceiling is higher
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

In a split second
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3846, 3847, 3848 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3847 of 8560
Jump to: