OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3847, 3848, 3849 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Trading kuzma would set us back 10 years, literally. He is our only young player to accompany Davis in the future. Not only that but he a legit NBA player just being mis-used. He is being asked to come off the bench and score but he can't do that!!! he has no handles.

Kuzma needs to be spoon fed by LeBron and Davis.

By starting Kuz, LBJ and Davis you would have enough scoring unlike what we have shown vs TOR, LAC and DAl.

He doesn’t bring anything to the game other then inefficient scoring. I hope he does though
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

With the looks of these trades and talk about the Clippers, my suspicions were correct. Some on this site are on Baller's payroll.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is still young, but he can't continue to be a project. I want to see some confidence and see him hustle and rebound. He seems scared to get contact. I want to see a tougher Kuz. I would go a long way with fans. He just looks way too soft out there.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:
Trading kuzma would set us back 10 years, literally. He is our only young player to accompany Davis in the future. Not only that but he a legit NBA player just being mis-used. He is being asked to come off the bench and score but he can't do that!!! he has no handles.

Kuzma needs to be spoon fed by LeBron and Davis.

By starting Kuz, LBJ and Davis you would have enough scoring unlike what we have shown vs TOR, LAC and DAl.

He doesn’t bring anything to the game other then inefficient scoring. I hope he does though

Set us back 10 years????
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
Lakers need their version of a Lou Williams someone who can come off the bench and put up points with some level of consistency, I think we all had hopes that would be Kuzma, but so far that hasn't been the case.

One thing I've noticed about the Lakers over the decades we've often signed players who are regarded as solid as three point shooters, but there numbers seem to tank when they come to LA, even when they are getting more wide open three attempts...it's weird

More recently, everyone seems to shoot 3 pointers like gods against us, also weird

We used to have our version of Lou Williams. His name was Lou Williams but our FO didn’t want him.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

I think we shouldn't even consider trading Kuz unless it's for a significant long term piece......which at his current value will be tough to get.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
I think we shouldn't even consider trading Kuz unless it's for a significant long term piece......which at his current value will be tough to get.

Exactly, a young player for young player swap.

No to Oubre/Ariza type swap.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
av3773 wrote:
Lakers need their version of a Lou Williams someone who can come off the bench and put up points with some level of consistency, I think we all had hopes that would be Kuzma, but so far that hasn't been the case.

One thing I've noticed about the Lakers over the decades we've often signed players who are regarded as solid as three point shooters, but there numbers seem to tank when they come to LA, even when they are getting more wide open three attempts...it's weird

More recently, everyone seems to shoot 3 pointers like gods against us, also weird

We used to have our version of Lou Williams. His name was Lou Williams but our FO didn’t want him.

Mitch tried to trade him as well. He’s ways just very undeceive when it came to pulling the trigger.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:

yupe. guy i would like is Dejounte murray. 1year younger then kuzma, on an awesome contract. clutch client and they have white and looney to play guard position.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:

yupe. guy i would like is Dejounte murray. 1year younger then kuzma, on an awesome contract. clutch client and they have white and looney to play guard position.

I would love to get Murray. It would solve the PG issue.

Unfortunately, there is that brick wall Pop in the way. If Rich Paul forces that, it’s undeniable that he is the most powerful agent.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:

Unfortunately, there is that brick wall Pop in the way. If Rich Paul forces that, it’s undeniable that he is the most powerful agent.

yeah thats true. i heard Murray is having issues with POP.

LMA wanted out
Kawhi Wanted out
now murray wanted out.

at what point do we start saying pop is overrated?
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Hypothetical: IF the bulls were ready to move on from Markkanen and wanted Kuz; would you do a Kuz+ for Markkannen?

Probably still unlikely, but the dude is lost in Chicago under Boylen.

We don't have the "plus" pieces to get it done.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:

We have a better chance to get Derrick White then Dejounte Murray, Murray is likely gonna be involved in a bigger deal.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:

We have a better chance to get Derrick White then Dejounte Murray, Murray is likely gonna be involved in a bigger deal.

so they going to trade both their young Guards in murray and white?

lol IG
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
nzahir wrote:
According to RAPTOR, Rondo is the 4th worst defensive pg (190 minutes or more). Below him is IT, Fox, and Frank Jackson

Thoughts on Ryan Arcidiacono, Satoransky, or Jalen Brunson (don't see mavs moving him if the deal doesn't make enough sense)?

Need 3 things on this damn team:

#3 scoring option
Better backup pg
3/4 who can play defense and hopefully hit shots

But its tough to fix all 3

I think a guy like Ryan Arci can fix the backup pg position and shouldn't be hard to get. Daniels and THT should do it.

Then I think Kuzma and salary filler can fix one of those other spots. Leaves us a spot short

Unless we get a guy who can fill 2 roles basically.

Bogdan may fill the role of a #3 option and can handle well enough to be main ball handler off the bench. But he would cost Kuzma + more (if even doable). Leaves us with no assets for the 3/4 defender

TJ Warren may be able to be #3 option and play some defense. His defensive numbers this year have been good I believe, but they have been awful before.

Dinwiddie could be a #3 option and backup pg, but I don't see us being able to get him.

While I would not rule out a THT trade, I truly cannot see Laker management trading him as part of a deal for a player as marginal as Ryan Arcidiacano.

And while I also won't rule out a Kuzma trade, I will note that I doubt that Laker management would trade Kuzma for a rental player. With that said, Bogdanovich would be an interesting player in that, despite being 27 and despite his current contract expiring at the end of this season, he will be a restricted free agent and not unrestricted. So unless we pull a Julius Randle and just rescind his QO, we would have the ability to match all offers on him. Assuming he gets at least a small raise, you could use his salary to possibly make a big trade next season after Dec. 15, 2020. (Say he got roughly $12MM a season. You could trade he and KCP for a player making something like $25MM a year. Or if it were he and Danny Green, now you're talking about something like $30-35MM a year.)

So Kuzma plus some salary filler would work for Bogdanovich. Is Bogdan better than Kuzma right now? There's not really a question about that. Will he be better next year? Very likely. And we would have the ability to trade his higher salary a year sooner than we could with Kuz, who still has two more years to go on his rookie deal, and that is important when thinking about how many elite years that LeBron may have left. You'd think that Luke would have interest in Kuzma again, and perhaps Kings management would, too, given that Kuz would be a lot cheaper than Bogdanovich next season. Just something to think about, since we're in a championship window and since it's not like Bogdan is 35. He's still young enough to where he would be in his prime on his next contract, should we actually hold on to him, and, as mentioned, he could be a trade chip for us at some point. And it's actually quite likely that Bogdan would have more value as a trade chip on his next contract compared to when Kuzma will be on his next contract, just given that I think Kuzma won't be as good. Bogdan has him dwarfed in terms of 3-point shooting and playmaking.

As a final point on this, I remember an article in Basketball Insiders that noted that while the Kings weren't considering offers on him a month ago, they could likely change their position as the season wore on, especially if they didn't feel like a good playoff run was realistic. I mean, they are only a game out of 8th in the West right now, but I still feel like Portland will get back into it and even if they sneaked into the playoffs, I don't think that constitutes "a good playoff run." I'm still guessing that they trade him. Now, whether that's to us, obviously that's another matter entirely.

This is very interesting. KCP for Bogdan straight up also works. But that would never happen..
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

Can't think of a team right now who wants a Kyle Kuzma.

It's best to keep him. The Lakers need his offensive spark off the bench ... even if it may be inconsistent.

I still think replacing Rondo, Cook, McGee, and Pope with Iguodala, Trey Burke, Josh Jackson, and Norvell Jr. (or a comparable shooter/instant offense-type guard) is the move to make, and, in a perfect storm, will fill every hole on the roster:

PG - Burke - Caruso - Tucker
SG - Bradley - Norvell - Daniels
C - Davis - Howard - Cacok
PF - James - Kuzma - Dudley
SF - Green - Iguodala - Jackson

I'd also workout Monta Ellis if Norvell Jr. proves himself not ready. I don't like that Ellis has never been much of a shooter, but for 15 minutes off the bench he could provide the additional offensive shot creation off the bench this team desperately needs.

Simply put, the answers to the problems of this roster are ancillary. The moves, with the exception of Iguodala, will not be big name guys but more fit-based, low salary guys who will be given bigger roles and one in a lifetime opportunities.

Will they seize it (like Howard did before them)? I think they will.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Can't think of a team right now who wants a Kyle Kuzma.

It's best to keep him. The Lakers need his offensive spark off the bench ... even if it may be inconsistent.

I still think replacing Rondo, Cook, McGee, and Pope with Iguodala, Trey Burke, Josh Jackson, and Norvell Jr. (or a comparable shooter/instant offense-type guard) is the move to make, and, in a perfect storm, will fill every hole on the roster:

PG - Burke - Caruso - Tucker
SG - Bradley - Norvell - Daniels
C - Davis - Howard - Cacok
PF - James - Kuzma - Dudley
SF - Green - Iguodala - Jackson

I'd also workout Monta Ellis if Norvell Jr. proves himself not ready. I don't like that Ellis has never been much of a shooter, but for 15 minutes off the bench he could provide the additional offensive shot creation off the bench this team desperately needs.

Simply put, the answers to the problems of this roster are ancillary. The moves, with the exception of Iguodala, will not be big name guys but more fit-based, low salary guys who will be given bigger roles and one in a lifetime opportunities.

Will they seize it (like Howard did before them)? I think they will.

I think playing big is one of our best strengths. Getting rid of McGee and putting AD at full time center is not the way to go. Secondly, not a fan of getting rid of KCP as well. He can play good minutes in the bench playing defense and hitting timely threes instead of Josh Jackson. All we need is a scorer off the bench plus someone who can guard bigger wings.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:

so they going to trade both their young Guards in murray and white?

lol IG

Spurs weren’t supposed to be this bad, if they can get a good overhaul then why wouldn’t they trade both? When teams struggle they look for changes.
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma CANT be the third scoring option

Not consistent enough

And Bogdan will get 15M at a MINIMUM this summer. Can see closer to 20M a season.

If we are keeping Kuzma, then I would like to see a guy who consistently gets 12-14 ppg. JJ reddick or Davis Bertans. Problem is their defense on top of Kuzma's AWFUL defense.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:

Not consistent enough

And Bogdan will get 15M at a MINIMUM this summer. Can see closer to 20M a season.

If we are keeping Kuzma, then I would like to see a guy who consistently gets 12-14 ppg. JJ reddick or Davis Bertans. Problem is their defense on top of Kuzma's AWFUL defense.

I don't think quite that high. The other Bogdanovich got $73.1MM over 4 years from Utah, and he is better than the Sacramento Bogdanovich in question here. I think more like $12-15MM per year is what Bogdan will get.

Still blows my mind that Lou Williams took as cheap of an extension as he did from the Clippers. He's worth over $15MM a year. Ballmer is probably paying him under the table lol.
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Not consistent enough

I don't think quite that high. The other Bogdanovich got $73.1MM over 4 years from Utah, and he is better than the Sacramento Bogdanovich in question here. I think more like $12-15MM per year is what Bogdan will get.

Still blows my mind that Lou Williams took as cheap of an extension as he did from the Clippers. He's worth over $15MM a year. Ballmer is probably paying him under the table lol.

And rozier also took 19M a year. That Bojan contract is quite good

Bogdan is younger as well. 15-18M is fair for both parties I feel

Excited for the next couple of months to see what we can do, but also worried that this FO is scared to make NECESSARY changes.

Jeanie loves Kuzma and I wonder how much that matters. If this team is serious about WINNING, these things must be done.

If someone wants to take out Rondo's knees that would also be awesome
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1201973870779076614?s=21
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Does that put them in the same tier as the Sixers and Bucks?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

I can care less about the back of a Laker uniform and I would be down with trading anyone (if it benefits the team). It does not make sense to talk about trading Kuz (selling low would be stupid).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Does that put them in the same tier as the Sixers and Bucks?

Terrible idea for any team imo. DeRozan and Aldridge are dinosaurs now in the modern game. I would just run with the current roster and add impact players later.

A big part of Miami’s success is the culture of working hard and in your face basketball. Demar and LMA would weaken them imo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3847, 3848, 3849 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3848 of 8560
Jump to: