OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 622, 623, 624 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Why is it we need to destroy a player when things goes wrong. We lost yesterday, cause the 50/50 ball goes the Mavs last game and we gave them so many second chances that resulted on big threes. FYI, we will lose games, so no need to blame a player for a loss

We knock Kuz but he has been doing what the coaches wanted him to do pass on good shot for great one, but before yesterday he been a positive +/- player

Mavs (-15) (LBJ -16 and Rondo -18)

Last ten games before the Mavs game

Wiz (+10)
NO (+8)
SA (+10)
Griz (+5)
OKC (-5) First time using glasses
OKC (+3) injured eye
ATL (+9)
Sac (-1)
GS (+21)
Phx (+10)

This shows he does not hurt the team, but help when he is on the floor.
People seems quick to criticize Kuz when he is taking less than 9 shot per game and seem to be playing the right way on offense. Yes he is not a def star, but he is not hurting the team when he plays per the +/-.

True that. Kuz did had a terrible game last night. Just one of those game when everything went wrong on our team. Rotations were always a late early. I would say him and Rondo were the main culprits. I would say he struggling right now to find his rhythm on offense. Defensively , he has been better though.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
DLaker wrote:
Why is it we need to destroy a player when things goes wrong. We lost yesterday, cause the 50/50 ball goes the Mavs last game and we gave them so many second chances that resulted on big threes. FYI, we will lose games, so no need to blame a player for a loss

We knock Kuz but he has been doing what the coaches wanted him to do pass on good shot for great one, but before yesterday he been a positive +/- player

Mavs (-15) (LBJ -16 and Rondo -18)

Last ten games before the Mavs game

Wiz (+10)
NO (+8)
SA (+10)
Griz (+5)
OKC (-5) First time using glasses
OKC (+3) injured eye
ATL (+9)
Sac (-1)
GS (+21)
Phx (+10)

This shows he does not hurt the team, but help when he is on the floor.
People seems quick to criticize Kuz when he is taking less than 9 shot per game and seem to be playing the right way on offense. Yes he is not a def star, but he is not hurting the team when he plays per the +/-.

True that. Kuz did had a terrible game last night. Just one of those game when everything went wrong on our team. Rotations were always a late early. I would say him and Rondo were the main culprits. I would say he struggling right now to find his rhythm on offense. Defensively , he has been better though.

LG love to complain a lot with every negative result. We have the best record in the league and kuz have not find his way yet. Kuz just had another injury (ankle) previous night, naybe resulting in his bad performance, butwe act like the sky is falling already. Wonder how other team will react if they have the best record in the league and just lost a game. Will it be will get the next game or start pointing fingers. We as Lakers fan are spoiled and we should never lose.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Man, if he only had my vision and passing skills, he would be a legit #3. Since he doesn't, he's only effective when he's hitting his outside shot.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Well, plus side is if Kuzma keeps playing inconsistently like this, we might keep him for a cheap extension beyond next season. Really hoping he figures it out somehow though. We need some guy to score reliably as a third option. Kuzma has put up some stats against some teams with some pretty bad defense, we need him to show he can contribute against the better ones and he really hasn’t yet.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject:

Are we still making excuses for this guy?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject:

It’s a long season. Kuz has already hit some clutch shots. I’ll wait until the playoff to see what he’s made of but I believe he will come along . Just a matter of time.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

He did turn his ankle a couple games ago. He hasn’t been good, but people are being awfully quick to just completely dismiss him. He did have a good stretch (albeit against defensively weak teams) fairly recently and he’s shown willingness to at least try on defense.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

He did turn his ankle a couple games ago. He hasn’t been good, but people are being awfully quick to just completely dismiss him. He did have a good stretch (albeit against defensively weak teams) fairly recently and he’s shown willingness to at least try on defense.

He’s still not 3rd scorer for us. He can’t create for himself or others. He’s basically our poor man Patrick Patterson
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject:

I am still not giving up on him. He will figure it put eventually. Not easy after all the injuries, new team and new role.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

Kuz is a +8 again tonight against Denver, he didn’t hurt the team if you look at the overall game. But we choose to pick on him for some glaring d mistake. Give him a break, if he starts posting - numbers consistently then we can say he is a problem, but I look at it more as a positive cause I know he can definitely play way better and has bee battling injuries through out this season so far.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

He showed some progress holding his own against Millsap and I forget who else in the half court.

His next step is not to make mental mistakes in transition and lose his man. I think it happened twice against Hernangomez and one of them he looked foolish pointing the finger at KCP.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

I like that he had 5 boards and 2 assists last night. Played some descent defense too. Considering all the injury issues, not bad for what is basically a minimum salary player.

We have a bunch of guys who jump in to be that 3-4 man on any given night:
Kuzma
Howard
Rondo
KCP
Green

I think we will be pretty deep come playoff time, lots of palces to get our production.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

The defense yesterday is where Kuzma deserves some props. He had 2 isolation defenses on Millsap that were excellent. He also contested a layup as a rim protecting player very well. He has some talent as a defender, if he works hard. I think Vogel should keep his minutes between 15-20 over 20-25 or 25+. This allows us to use Dwight properly.

On offense it was ugly and he looks lost. As I said many times, his play has been underwhelming but he is trying. And his defense is better this season than last for sure. Definitely the best defense we have seen from him in his career has been this season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

If you think Kuz isn't trying on D you ain't watching the game and only reacting to miscues here and there that everyone on this team falls for unfournately.

Disappointed in his scoring? Hell ya but I ain't gonna clown on the effort he's putting on the defensive end, that's for sure.

I can tell you this though, they need to figure out how to get him out of his funk where he tries to makes the "good" pass when he really should go for his own shot. He seems hesitant more than ever before.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

Kuz doesn't have to be a bigtime scorer. We have other Lakers that can score enough collectively to compliment Davis and Lebron scoring big.

I want Kuz to concentrate on the two things that WILL make a difference; defense and rebounding. He has the quickness and body size to disrupt things in the key and on the perimeter, and his size should be an asset in securing rebounds. This is where we need him to shine.

I think where Kuz is going wrong is that he's trying too hard to be a 3 point threat, when we really don't need him for that. His lack of offensive production is starting to impact him mentally. Defense and Rebounding is where Kuz needs to shine. He'll get his 3 point shots from pullup transitions and kickouts when they collapse on Lebron, but he shouldn't force his offense.

Defense and Rebounding.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

Funny thing is, what if Kuz embraced the Horry role?

Hit 3s, spread the floor, try to be a nuisance on defense (even though Horry wasn't the greatest defender)?

I think Horry/Kuz have some similarities in terms of body build (floating at both forward spots).
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Hit 3s, spread the floor, try to be a nuisance on defense (even though Horry wasn't the greatest defender)?

I think Horry/Kuz have some similarities in terms of body build (floating at both forward spots).

This I can certainly see. He's a bit more athletic than Horry (but man Horry was sneaky)
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Horry would be a more appropriate comparison, although I'd love it if he could do the Lamar Odom thing. The bottom line, however, is that there is a role on this Lakers team, and important role at that, if Kuz can realize it, embrace it, and enhance it. Be it a Horry role or Odom role, he needs to adjust his game so that he de-emphasizes shooting and emphasizes doing all those other important things. Otherwise, if he continues to struggle, he will be trade-bait, and I'd hate to see him leave.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This I can certainly see. He's a bit more athletic than Horry (but man Horry was sneaky)

Horry knew all the vet moves on defense by the time he was a Laker. Plus, I don't know if they counted deflections back then, but he had to be at the top for our team. And I don't just mean deflecting passes, but a lot of times he'd just slap the ball out of his man's hands, and force them to eat up clock to recover it. Or he'd just slap it out of bounds and force them to run a play on a short clock. His hands were sneaky fast and he did the little things. Athletically they are similar too. Horry was a high flyer in his younger days before becoming a Laker. I think it's a good comparison.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

Horry minus defense and clutch maybe.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

I initially thought Kuz would be a Rashard Lewis type player. But I'm seeing less and less of that archetype. He simply isn't a consistent enough scorer to be at Rashard's level.

However, he's a better scorer than Horry but their body types and tweener size remind me of each other.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
Horry minus defense and clutch maybe.

I think Kuz is pretty clutch. The question is can he embrace playing the same role Horry did as a stretch big who plays defense and boxes out. He needs to become more blue collar. I don't think that's who he is but it would help if he played like it.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I initially thought Kuz would be a Rashard Lewis type player. But I'm seeing less and less of that archetype. He simply isn't a consistent enough scorer to be at Rashard's level.

However, he's a better scorer than Horry but their body types and tweener size remind me of each other.

Yeah Rashard was a good slasher and finisher in the paint. Kuz is playing like a homeless man's Antawn Jamison.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Horry was an incredible athlete. He came into the league as a guy who was a dunk o matic. Kuzma isn’t in the same league athletically as Horry.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
If you think Kuz isn't trying on D you ain't watching the game and only reacting to miscues here and there that everyone on this team falls for unfournately.

Disappointed in his scoring? Hell ya but I ain't gonna clown on the effort he's putting on the defensive end, that's for sure.

I can tell you this though, they need to figure out how to get him out of his funk where he tries to makes the "good" pass when he really should go for his own shot. He seems hesitant more than ever before.

The best wayfor him to get out of the funk is for the coach to actually run plays for him. Set some picks just like the play we run with AB and KCP. give him the opportunity to make some plays. If you watch the game we basically don't run plays for Kuz. Get get his bucket from kick out or if he cuts at the right moment. Coach has not incorporated him yet, I believe Vogel will as the season move forward, producing to a better production from Kuz.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 622, 623, 624 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 623 of 880
Jump to: