Legend of PLAYOFF RONDO (Woj: Trade to Cavs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Daikatana wrote:
Sooo...

Bradley is going to come back and Rondo is going to "Load Manage?"

Well, since KCP is playing way better, I guess its ok...

Has Bradley been reassessed?

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/12/7/21000391/lakers-avery-bradley-injury-update-return-hairline-fracture-orlando-magic-minnesota-timberwolves
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

In fact, roughly 144 of Rondo's 258 minutes (55.8 percent) have come alongside James. His most frequent lineup includes James with Howard, Kyle Kuzma and Caruso. That group has an offensive rating of 111.6 points per 100 possessions, a defensive rating of 89.7 and a net of 21.9 over 46 minutes. Sub in Kentavious Caldwell-Pope for Caruso over 18 minutes, and the lineup has a 28.4 net rating.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

How many games is he missing?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Collison should stop knocking in my door Saturday morning and comes to his senses.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
epak wrote:

Collison should stop knocking in my door Saturday morning and comes to his senses.

Over my head
Whatcha talking about Willis?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

You were sorely missed today.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

No worries, load management and we won again.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
You were sorely missed today.

He was
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Clip in link:

sheesh what a pass from Rondo

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1205712607308500992
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Pretty bad game from Rondo. These are the games that his critics will get on him for. He had a few possessions of overdribbling. I think two or three possessions where he did not shoot the ball when he should have. He had some nice passes and some nice plays, but overall a thumbs down game from me. It was a game where he was essential to the 2nd unit with AD out, but it did not happen. He did not step up his game.

So far I do not like Bradley off the bench. I think Bradley should start and Green should come off the bench. We need that 3 point shooting off the bench, especially next to Rondo and Dwight. The chemistry is not there with Rondo and Bradley.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pretty bad game from Rondo. These are the games that his critics will get on him for. He had a few possessions of overdribbling. I think two or three possessions where he did not shoot the ball when he should have. He had some nice passes and some nice plays, but overall a thumbs down game from me. It was a game where he was essential to the 2nd unit with AD out, but it did not happen. He did not step up his game.

So far I do not like Bradley off the bench. I think Bradley should start and Green should come off the bench. We need that 3 point shooting off the bench, especially next to Rondo and Dwight. The chemistry is not there with Rondo and Bradley.

I much prefer -
Bradley / Rondo
Green / Caruso
LBJ / Kuz
AD / Kuz
McGee / Dwight
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Uh KCP has earned minutes.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

Awful game from Rondo. Bad defense, can't finish at the rim multiple times while trying reverse layups. Terrible shot at the end of the game with enough time to get it to LeBron (one of the best deep 3 shooters in the league).
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject:

I am souring on Rondo and Bradley. Rondo is a ball hog and Bradley can’t shoot. Bleh.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

Vogel should have pulled the plug on Rondo towards the end yet he was the one that took that final 3 point shot.

This is why I'm interested in someone like Elfrid Payton, a guy who just has more athletic ability (and better defense) on nights like this when Rondo just couldn't do it.

I think Rondo will have 3-4 good games per 10, with the rest being bleh. It's incumbent upon Vogel to yank Rondo in those 6-7 games in 10 that Rondo isn't working. But the bench alternatives leave little to be desired.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

When Lebron is in and we run that 3 guard lineup, I rather see AB/Caruso/KCP instead of Rondo.

I like Payton but we’d probably need to trade Caruso to get there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
When Lebron is in and we run that 3 guard lineup, I rather see AB/Caruso/KCP instead of Rondo.

Yeah, we don't have the assets but he's the kind of player I'd look for. At Rondo's age and with his durability issues, have to be decisive about when he just doesn't have it. Towards the end of the game, it was pretty clear. But again, who was going to come in instead of him? We need to find that person.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yeah, we don't have the assets but he's the kind of player I'd look for. At Rondo's age and with his durability issues, have to be decisive about when he just doesn't have it. Towards the end of the game, it was pretty clear. But again, who was going to come in instead of him? We need to find that person.

Avery Bradley?

We have AB/Caruso/Rondo who are getting regular rotation minutes. If we acquire Payton without giving up any of those 3, who gets the DNP-CDs among those 4 point guards?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Avery Bradley?

We have AB/Caruso/Rondo who are getting regular rotation minutes. If we acquire Payton without giving up any of those 3, who gets the DNP-CDs among those 4 point guards?

I tend to think that AB/Caruso are more "SGs" and combo guards, which make Cook/Daniels even more expendable.

I think we only have one pure "PG" in Rondo. LBJ is a point forward on offense.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Avery Bradley?

I tend to think that AB/Caruso are more "SGs" and combo guards, which make Cook/Daniels even more expendable.

Ok, regardless of how we position them, acquiring Payton without giving up one of them means one of them is going to get DNP-CDs though. You’ll have 96 minutes to divvy up between:

KCP
Green
Caruso
Rondo
Bradley
Payton

Too much depth. I’m not opposed to Payton, I’m opposed to Payton if we don’t move some of our depth. Moving two guys (cook/daniels) and adding to an already deep position seems like a mistake when we have other weaknesses also. We are talking about adding yet another PG when we started Jared Dudley in an AD-less game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Avery Bradley?

Ok, regardless of how we position them, acquiring Payton without giving up one of them means one of them is going to get DNP-CDs though. You’ll have 96 minutes to divvy up between:

KCP
Green
Caruso
Rondo
Bradley
Payton

Too much depth. I’m not opposed to Payton, I’m opposed to Payton if we don’t move some of our depth. Moving two guys (cook/daniels) and adding to an already deep position seems like a mistake when we have other weaknesses also. We are talking about adding yet another PG when we started Jared Dudley in an AD-less game.

It doesn't matter.

Green will end up playing some SF minutes.

Rondo/Bradley are too injury prone to be counted for regular minutes over an entire season. Only guys I trust to be physically available for most of the season would be Green (who can swing to SF), KCP, AC.

Payton wouldn't be coming to a team like ours and expecting/demanding to play 30mpg.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

Ok, I guess I am talking about Vogel likely doing, versus yinoma. I don’t see him not playing AB or Rondo. Before AD went out, Caruso was playing 12 mins or so with AB back.

I just don’t see a 24-4 team changing things much for Elfrid Payton.

Now a defensive wing, yes, he’ll slot right in for LBJ rest mins, and when we play small. It fits much better.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Ok, I guess I am talking about Vogel likely doing, versus yinoma. I don’t see him not playing AB or Rondo. Before AD went out, Caruso was playing 12 mins or so with AB back.

Now a defensive wing, yes, he’ll slot right in for LBJ rest mins, and when we play small. It fits much better.

Sure, but I'm saying if we got someone like Payton for our guys who aren't even playing much (Troy/Cook, and I don't think that's enough for the record), he's not coming here to steal 30mpg.

It's very likely that Rondo/AB will miss more time due to injury, so having a Payton-type player around would be great. He would literally be taking up the collective minutes of Troy/Cook.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Sure, but I'm saying if we got someone like Payton for our guys who aren't even playing much (Troy/Cook, and I don't think that's enough for the record), he's not coming here to steal 30mpg.

It's very likely that Rondo/AB will miss more time due to injury, so having a Payton-type player around would be great. He would literally be taking up the collective minutes of Troy/Cook.

Troy/Cook don’t play! That’s my point! Without them, either Payton or another guard will get those DNP-CDs. Probably Caruso?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Troy/Cook don’t play! That’s my point! Without them, either Payton or another guard will get those DNP-CDs. Probably Caruso?

Disagree.

Troy and Cook average around 13mpg in 21 and 20 games played respectively.

Rondo has missed 12 games (42% of total games) and AB has missed 14 games (50% of total games).

That is why I want a younger, athletic stopgap player who can actually dribble the ball and play "PG."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 166, 167, 168  Next
Page 102 of 168
Jump to: