OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
His value keep increasing. He shut down Beal and did a good first half on Luka. Definitely selling him high.

til he blocks the sale..

This version of KCP is worth $8M tbh

Yeah, why would we want to sell him at all?

Because he’s has that dog in him. He tend to thrive when everything goes well and little pressure but fold on adversary . He definitely ha a role in this team and I’ll probably hold into him since Avery will chose the money if everything goes well for us this year.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

It's funny how much faith Bron has in him. He just swings him the ball on the weakside and lets him "go to work". Like he's Kyrie or Wade or something.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

I was hoping he'd do that same backdoor play with LBJ 25x in a row to mess with the Jazz.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
His value keep increasing. He shut down Beal and did a good first half on Luka. Definitely selling him high.

til he blocks the sale..

This version of KCP is worth $8M tbh

Yeah, why would we want to sell him at all?

Because he’s has that dog in him. He tend to thrive when everything goes well and little pressure but fold on adversary . He definitely ha a role in this team and I’ll probably hold into him since Avery will chose the money if everything goes well for us this year.

I respect the way you think though. Finally one person understands the concept of selling high and not selling low. Meanwhile no one else can figure out why you want to sell when the value is high haha
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
It's funny how much faith Bron has in him. He just swings him the ball on the weakside and lets him "go to work". Like he's Kyrie or Wade or something.

I'm happy with the way he's playing but I've always wondered how a guy like KCP became such close friends with someone like LeBron . Must've introduced him to his wife or saved him from drowning or something.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Was watching Bogdanovic last night...1 of last off season's prized FA's.

Dude is lethal from downtown but can't really create his own shot and is a mediocre defender at best. Doesn't move well w/o the ball and doesn't rebound well.

KCP seems like an extremely good value considering what he can do on the court. Hope he keeps ballin! Making me not miss AB so much these days.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Following this account may be worthwhile

https://twitter.com/Tan50879294
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:

Dude is lethal from downtown but can't really create his own shot and is a mediocre defender at best. Doesn't move well w/o the ball and doesn't rebound well.

KCP seems like an extremely good value considering what he can do on the court. Hope he keeps ballin! Making me not miss AB so much these days.

wow I would not bring up Bog to try to justify KCP's value. I'd take him over 2 KCPs all day every day. He's averaging 20ppg with the ability to go off for 30+ on any night. He would be the missing piece for this team for next level dominance... a legit 3rd scorer.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Kava wrote:

wow I would not bring up Bog to try to justify KCP's value. I'd take him over 2 KCPs all day every day. He's averaging 20ppg with the ability to go off for 30+ on any night. He would be the missing piece for this team for next level dominance... a legit 3rd scorer.

Unfortunately, he is a small forward, and would have to come off the bench for us, unless AD/Bron start at C/PF.

Also, Kuzma would either have to play SG, or get shipped out.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:

Bogdanovic isn’t asked to create his own shot though. He’s a spacer for the DonMitch, who is their shot creator.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

What I like about KCP this year is that he's not playing like he wants a new contract. He's playing like he wants to win a championship.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject:

He is making some really good decisions with his passing lately.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:53 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
What I like about KCP this year is that he's not playing like he wants a new contract. He's playing like he wants to win a championship.

Like a guy who has a guaranteed 2 year deal instead of a bloated 1 year deal?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

KCP with ball movement in this game. He is pretty good at setting up the bigs and looking for them. Huge bonus from him this year. This team has that same mindset the Shaq-Kobe teams had with Foxy, Horry, Fish. They would have role players that wouldn't naturally be playmakers, but who would always be looking to make a pass to someone in strong scoring position - usually to one of the superstars. We get a lot of spoon feeding on this team, and that is great. Most teams are using their 2s and 3s who are role players as shooters. Scorers. We have them being that primarily, but also secondary as ballhandlers that set up a big or someone inside for a better shot. KCP's own shot was off, but he was often making an impact by just a few dribbles and a good pass. That's the influence on this new coaching staff and culture IMO. This is all Frank Vogel, IMO. Huge difference in this offense and coaching than anything we saw the last decade.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Shocked me few times. I think watching Avery making plays has helped him a lot.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Shocked me few times. I think watching Avery making plays has helped him a lot.

I think the coaches has to do more on this. KCP is a player that needs some structure. He is not very good as a read and react player.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

KCP has been "holding down the fort" nicely. With Bradley coming back and the rise of the CaruShow, plus Green; we are locked and loaded!

The rest of December is going to be very exciting time to be a Laker fan.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

He's making the mental leap I wish Kuzma had taken.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

I was just saying this EXACT thing to someone earlier today haha.. If Kuzma makes that leap we are completely unbeatable this season if healthy imo. I'm happy with how much better Kuz has been playing lately though.

KCP is just balling out. It's pretty clear he needed more structure like already mentioned on top of the entire team and especially Lebron and AD showing nothing but support showing they fully believe in him. Without the above mentioned factors I highly doubt he is playing like he currently is. Just another reason why this team is a legit contender. Reminds me a lot of those Kobe, Pau teams where they were just filled with chemistry and fire to prove to the world they are the best.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I was just saying this EXACT thing to someone earlier today haha.. If Kuzma makes that leap we are completely unbeatable this season if healthy imo. I'm happy with how much better Kuz has been playing lately though.

KCP is just balling out. It's pretty clear he needed more structure like already mentioned on top of the entire team and especially Lebron and AD showing nothing but support showing they fully believe in him. Without the above mentioned factors I highly doubt he is playing like he currently is. Just another reason why this team is a legit contender. Reminds me a lot of those Kobe, Pau teams where they were just filled with chemistry and fire to prove to the world they are the best.

Those teams were a joy to behold
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Kava wrote:

Not trying to justify anything - simply noticing these off season FA's don't always work out in a teams favor. If Bog is so good why are the Jazz struggling? Bog is an elite 3pt marksman. But if you take away his open looks what do you have? Below avg player imo. Just an observation.

Don't watch the Jazz enough but in that game KCP outplayed him and I was glad we had his skillset at his price over Bog's - which is elite in one thing but limited in every other part of the game.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

KCP
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

He was money from the corner today. Exactly what we needed at key times.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

He hit some timely 3s in both halves tonight
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Shooting 38% from 3 this year.

MONEY!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 145 of 182
Jump to: