Rajon Rondo Is More Essential to LA Lakers Than You'd Think

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Rajon Rondo Is More Essential to LA Lakers Than You'd Think

Hey All,

Latest @BleacherReport Rajon Rondo Is More Essential to LA Lakers Than You'd Think (especially if he's going to shoot 50% from three, but it's more than that...) https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2865692-rajon-rondo-is-more-essential-to-la-lakers-than-youd-think

Cheers,

EP
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Rondo's defensive rating is better than James' 101.7 and Davis' 102.9. James has a more potent offensive rating at 113, but Rondo's is just below Davis' 110.2.

Some interpretations of stats should be taken with a grain of salt. I go by eye test, and Rondo is a bad defender. I think these better ratings go hand in hand with a better team. Better effort from Lebron as well this year. Last year Bron didn't get a eff, so it probably effected his own rating as well as Rondo's ratings.

Rondo rarely plays without one of the big twos, right? Whereas AD cleans up everyone's mess from Cook to Rondo. I think if anything I give credit to Vogel for the combinations he's putting out there. No doubt Rondo's shooting is better so far, but defensively, he looks the same to me as last year. Better team, better net rating.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't matter to the Haters...!

(I have no problems with Rondo)...
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

I get the primary reason that many hate on RR. They measure his impact primarily by numbers, and by the way he'll look at times over the long, grueling grind of 82 games.

He stopped looking good in the regular season long ago. He's looking good right now. Not sure if he can keep the 3pt shooting up, but my point is that his value will grow significantly come playoff time. He's a heady veteran that can still be disruptive at times.

It's just that during a long regular season, those times won't be as frequent as when he was younger. Give me RR on my team come the playoffs anytime.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Rondo's turning into a shot maker from downtown. Who knew? I certainly didn't and had major doubts whether he even wanted to take that shot. Ya'll remember last season when opposing teams would leave Rondo WIDE OPEN daring him to take a shot they knew he wouldn't make.

Flash fwd to a coach that's given him a green light and legit superstars that bring out the best in him.

What a difference a year makes.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
Rondo's turning into a shot maker from downtown. Who knew? I certainly didn't and had major doubts whether he even wanted to take that shot. Ya'll remember last season when opposing teams would leave Rondo WIDE OPEN daring him to take a shot they knew he wouldn't make.

Flash fwd to a coach that's given him a green light and legit superstars that bring out the best in him.

What a difference a year makes.

Rondo hitting 3's helps. However, the return of Bradley puts a crunch around who plays guard minutes, and I fear that Rondo's success is fools gold which may result in less minutes for Caruso. (Not sure where/how much to play KCP either, in this log jam.)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

Rondo's a vet who won't let media or fan noise rattle him. When he's on the floor the spacing is great. His outside shot has improved dramatically and he's not afraid to rush the rim. He's going to be key in this run at the Larry O'Brien. I'm conflicted as to whether or not to start him. He's great coming off the bench but maybe more time with the starters would be beneficial for playoff run.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Rondo's a vet who won't let media or fan noise rattle him. When he's on the floor the spacing is great. His outside shot has improved dramatically and he's not afraid to rush the rim. He's going to be key in this run at the Larry O'Brien. I'm conflicted as to whether or not to start him. He's great coming off the bench but maybe more time with the starters would be beneficial for playoff run.

From what I see, his primary job is to spell LeBronze from carrying the playmaking load.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

jodeke wrote:

From what I see, his primary job is to spell LeBronze from carrying the playmaking load.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

jodeke wrote:

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

JM wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think so also. I'd like to see what the team would be like with him in the closing unit.

1) RONDO
2) KCP
3) AD
4) LBJ
5) McGEE/HOWARD

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers APG totals don't change much when Rondo doesn't play.

In fact, the Lakers average 25.1 assists and 15 turnovers in games he plays over 20 minutes. In games that he doesn't play or plays below 20, the Lakers average 26.6 assists and 14.7 turnovers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: