Jared Dudley Thread (Hired as DAL Assistant Coach)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Jared Dudley, ...... Come on down!

Kuzma needs time to completely heal therefore Big Dudley should get more playing time on this road trip.
Since Kuzma is ailing/struggling JD would be a temporary fix because of his veteran presence and experience.

THT &/or Kostas A. could be called-up if needed; allowing them to gain valuable NBA experience.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject:

Dudley continues to be a gem on twitter

https://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/status/1203224119862382592
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Somebody called Caruso B-Rabbit!!! I love it!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:

World needs more dudes like him

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Duds is a warrior; he should get more PT during this grueling road trip. He is ready and willing. It's a long season, we need everyone to contribute.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Yeah he may see quite a bit more pt with zKuzma out.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Vogel - "Knocked down 3 threes, stood up for some teammates got himself run outta here, he was pivotal in the win"

lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

man of the people
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Great game Dudz.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Vogel - "Knocked down 3 threes, stood up for some teammates got himself run outta here, he was pivotal in the win"

that was ridiculous to throw anyone out for that little scuffle
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject:

nice that he escalated it as our 2nd guy into the fray.

Dwight was already pushed by 4 of their players... because none of them actually wanted to commit to the altercation.

Dudz showed them how you support your guy.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I believe the rule is an automatic tech for a 3rd party player who escalates a situation, which he was and he did. But I wonder if he got tossed for getting 2 techs, the 2nd for continuing to jaw at #25.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject:

He do look like he is willing to throwdown with them
PreLakers Enforcer ^^
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

The enforcer!!!!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
The enforcer!!!!

Fox - Metta - Dudley

Bron: "He told you guys at media day his job is to come in here if somebody goes crazy, do something crazy to me or AD or whoever on the team, he's going to be the muscle."
Yue_Fei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject:

I am showing my kids the the highlights from this game, and pointing out how Dudley continues to relocate at the 3 point line when our big 2 has the ball on the attack.

If you go back to the highlights, on every Lebron/AD post possession, Dudley is moving in sync with the play so that Lebron/AD always has a clear lane to pass to ball out if they get into trouble. Dudley is never standing still and watching, he's shifting his position along with how the play evolves.

On the other end, you have Danny Green doing the same. He's never standing still on defense. If the shot goes up from the other side, he's either finding a body to box out or leaking out (if he sees the ball going to a teammate). If he is in the paint or at the elbows, he's moving and trying to rebound the ball. Just instinctive movements.

Neither has the athleticism. They've worked and developed themselves into quality role players.

I wish the young players like Cook and Kuzma can learn from these two vets. We should get some of our G Leaguers up so they can really learn some good habits by watching Green and Dudley work.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

Yue_Fei wrote:
I am showing my kids the the highlights from this game, and pointing out how Dudley continues to relocate at the 3 point line when our big 2 has the ball on the attack.

If you go back to the highlights, on every Lebron/AD post possession, Dudley is moving in sync with the play so that Lebron/AD always has a clear lane to pass to ball out if they get into trouble. Dudley is never standing still and watching, he's shifting his position along with how the play evolves.

On the other end, you have Danny Green doing the same. He's never standing still on defense. If the shot goes up from the other side, he's either finding a body to box out or leaking out (if he sees the ball going to a teammate). If he is in the paint or at the elbows, he's moving and trying to rebound the ball. Just instinctive movements.

Neither has the athleticism. They've worked and developed themselves into quality role players.

I wish the young players like Cook and Kuzma can learn from these two vets. We should get some of our G Leaguers up so they can really learn some good habits by watching Green and Dudley work.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

Jared Dudley back in September:

Quote:
Jared Dudley says if anyone touches Anthony Davis or LeBron James, he’s getting a $20K fine: "That’s part of my job here. I’ve made my money, they can take my minimum … Nah, they can’t take that. They can’t take that."

Love this guy. Need players like this on your team. He was joking about LBJ/AD because this dude stands up for all his teammates. Last year for Jarrett Allen and now Dwight Howard.

What i like most is that he takes the pressure to retaliate off of them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

I think behind the scenes, Dudley may be that Rick Fox glue guy on this team (though not playing a Fox role on the court).
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

Dudley was really good in that 1st Q. I think in general, an argument could be made that if Kuzma does not become consistent by playoffs, you have to give Dudley some minutes at the 4. He plays within his role and he can hit the spot up 3. His defensive IQ is high.

The vet min signings from Rob have been really good this past summer - Dwight, Dudley, Daniels, Rondo. Those guys all have roles on this team and come playoffs their skillsets are invaluable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Dudley was really good in that 1st Q. I think in general, an argument could be made that if Kuzma does not become consistent by playoffs, you have to give Dudley some minutes at the 4. He plays within his role and he can hit the spot up 3. His defensive IQ is high.

The vet min signings from Rob have been really good this past summer - Dwight, Dudley, Daniels, Rondo. Those guys all have roles on this team and come playoffs their skillsets are invaluable.

If Kuz is still awkward come playoff time, I would be 100% on board with that plan. I would be on board with that if Kuz isn’t right by the ASB.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

If Kuz is still awkward come playoff time, I would be 100% on board with that plan. I would be on board with that if Kuz isn’t right by the ASB.

There are times Dudley is just too slow for the match up. You will need Kuz, inconsistent and all. Kuzma can play in a fast high tempo match up. If we play a team that has that speed, we will need Kuzma more than Dudley. However if Kuzma is still struggling on offense, I trust Dudley in the playoffs in a slower match up. He brings much of what we want from Kuzma in that stretch 4 3n4 role, but without the inconsistency and poor IQ. Hopefully Kuzma will get it right by playoffs. He has much more speed and talent than Dudley, and our offense is at it's best when Kuzma is playing well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

He should get Kuzma's minutes. We need an enforcer out there to protect AD and LeBron. Thy're both kinda soft.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

definitely. come playoff time if Kuzma doesnt have his act together Dudley should take ALL of his minutes.
Right now Kuzmas big value was supposed to be another dynamic scorer who can create his own shot as the #3 scorer. If he's not doing a good job at that you might as well have Duds in there because he does pretty much everything else way better than Kuz.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

It is pretty crazy that Dudley was being given crap by Royce White of all people saying no way Dudley should have a job over Carmelo. Which just opened the door for fans to trash him as if it was his fault Carmelo didn't have a job.

We have seen Dudley content with not playing. Being happy and celebrating his teammates from the bench. And when his number is called he comes in spreads the floor, makes good swing passes and actually plays defense. Was awesome seeing him rotate yesterday and go straight up shot contests at the rim.

He is the epitome of being a star in his role.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 10 of 21
Jump to: