2019-2020 Race to MVP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
epak wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
Remember Nash? Lol. People gave him credit because he turned around the suns spectacularly? Well, if thats the criteria, then Davis is on the way to first MVP and second DPOY. Why? Because his presence makes it 21-3 possible.

So,
1. DAVIS
2. Giannis
3. Bron
4. Luka
5. Harden

But for some reasons I think people will think Giannis deserves most. Which to me a bit hard to debate. You see, both Davis and Giannis led their teams to playoffs and both eliminated in the conf finals. So, for Davis to get Lakers better with Bron and the gang is no brainer. It does not count as a "real" turnaround. Davis had done it before he joined LA. Meanwhile, Giannis does make the bucks better in real sense.

Nope.

Giannis
LeBron
AD

Luka
Harden

I do agree. But Davis should be next. Why? Is Lebron better because of Davis or Davis better because of Lebron? It is subjective. You may ask why Lebron suddenly can operate more freely now than ever?

Davis is better because of Lebron. Lebron can play that alpha role that Davis has struggled with. Though I am not sure how that will impact MVP votes, likely both players split those wanting to vote for a Laker. I am guessing that both get votes along with Giannis, Luka and Harden.

Davis has never played with all stars calibre casts as an alpha. That he still led his team to the wcf is a testimony how good he is. Besides, he is the best defensive power in the league. Lebron struggled more than Davis as the alpha last season.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Giannis is running away with it but AD should be the frontrunner for DPOY.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

We have different definitions of running away with it
I still have the 2 Lakers right there.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Depends on how the judges see the value of DPOY combined with Davis' offensive contributions.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Giannis is the frontrunner and deservedly so. I think Lebron is coasting tbh. We'll see who the real mvp is in the playoffs. AD is a lock for DPOY barring injury.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Giannis is the frontrunner and deservedly so. I think Lebron is coasting tbh. We'll see who the real mvp is in the playoffs. AD is a lock for DPOY barring injury.

That dunk by Giannis over Randle was something to behold. Kind of reminded me of the time Durant crossed up Jules and put him in the spin cycle. Both times, it looked like a 5 star recruit going up against a JV player.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:

That dunk by Giannis over Randle was something to behold. Kind of reminded me of the time Durant crossed up Jules and put him in the spin cycle. Both times, it looked like a 5 star recruit going up against a JV player.

Like me dunking on my 5 year old nephew on an 8 foot rim
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Like me dunking on my 5 year old nephew on an 8 foot rim

Or me over Julius Randle.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
epak wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
Remember Nash? Lol. People gave him credit because he turned around the suns spectacularly? Well, if thats the criteria, then Davis is on the way to first MVP and second DPOY. Why? Because his presence makes it 21-3 possible.

So,
1. DAVIS
2. Giannis
3. Bron
4. Luka
5. Harden

But for some reasons I think people will think Giannis deserves most. Which to me a bit hard to debate. You see, both Davis and Giannis led their teams to playoffs and both eliminated in the conf finals. So, for Davis to get Lakers better with Bron and the gang is no brainer. It does not count as a "real" turnaround. Davis had done it before he joined LA. Meanwhile, Giannis does make the bucks better in real sense.

Nope.

Giannis
LeBron
AD

Luka
Harden

I do agree. But Davis should be next. Why? Is Lebron better because of Davis or Davis better because of Lebron? It is subjective. You may ask why Lebron suddenly can operate more freely now than ever?

Lebron QB the offense also averaging 25ppg/10apg in 50% shooting might help his case.

And AD leads our defense while putting up amazing offensive numbers. Do people discredit defense in MVP talks because there's a DPOY award? I'm always lost on these subjective awards that seem to change relevant criterias every couple of years or so.

There’s a reason only a few people has won both the same year. Also Lebron should have won dpoy a couple times with the Heat but end up getting MVP instead. Unless AD goes on some kind of offensive tear like last night it will be hard for him to get both awards.

Last edited by miggz23 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
epak wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:

So,
1. DAVIS
2. Giannis
3. Bron
4. Luka
5. Harden

Nope.

Giannis
LeBron
AD

Luka
Harden

Davis is better because of Lebron. Lebron can play that alpha role that Davis has struggled with. Though I am not sure how that will impact MVP votes, likely both players split those wanting to vote for a Laker. I am guessing that both get votes along with Giannis, Luka and Harden.

Davis has never played with all stars calibre casts as an alpha. That he still led his team to the wcf is a testimony how good he is. Besides, he is the best defensive power in the league. Lebron struggled more than Davis as the alpha last season.

He has, Jrue was all star caliber, he was an all star.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

I can’t even think of who might be #2 DPOY.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I can’t even think of who might be #2 DPOY.

Giannis and AD are the two frontrunners for the DPOY and it's not even close. I think if Giannis gets MVP they give AD DPOY.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
epak wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:

So,
1. DAVIS
2. Giannis
3. Bron
4. Luka
5. Harden

Nope.

Giannis
LeBron
AD

Luka
Harden

Ok. How about 4? Well, I may exaggerate a bit. How about 3 (Wade, Bosh, Allen).
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
epak wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:

So,
1. DAVIS
2. Giannis
3. Bron
4. Luka
5. Harden

Nope.

Giannis
LeBron
AD

Luka
Harden

Ok. How about 4? Well, I may exaggerate a bit. How about 3 (Wade, Bosh, Allen).

This was exactly the reason why Lebron left Cleveland the first time, except he only had one all star for one year.

Cleveland was cheap and in New Orleans the owner cares more about the NFL team than the basketball team. If you don't treat your stars right they'll just walk.

Really happy we have AD and Lebron. Don't really care which one gets MVP We're going for a championship
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Well, for all I care, Davis could join any team that was interested in him, say, the Beltics for example and would certainly make Beltics an instant contender. His previous season's performance speaks volume.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Not any team, he needs the right alpha. Obviously that is Lebron but perhaps guys like Harden and CP3 would be as well.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Not any team, he needs the right alpha. Obviously that is Lebron but perhaps guys like Harden and CP3 would be as well.

Haha, with Harden he'd never get the ball
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Nuh, I think if he joined Raptors, he would bring a ship too.
Now, I do believe he really wanted to take his talents as a Lakers.
He is in his prime time now.
Let's just enjoy the ride.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

Lakers with LeBron didn't make the playoffs, add AD and they suddenly top the whole NBA. There shouldn't even be a discussion who's MVP on this team. But LeBron makes for a decent Robin, I give him that.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Another triple double for Luka

41/12/11

And he now has more 30pt triple doubles than the rest of the league combined.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

41/12/11

Sheesh
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I have to see how flopcic performs in the playoffs. He could be another Harden
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I have to see how flopcic performs in the playoffs. He could be another Harden

Despite his stats, his 3pt% is pretty bad due to shot-selection most likely. He has a much better IQ than Harden.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

41/12/11

Dayum
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

Right now I have the MVP race as:

1. Giannis
2. Luka
3. Lebron
4. AD
5. Harden
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: