OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1870, 1871, 1872 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
BI would be in the All star game if he played in the east, and not a injury replacement

No question about that
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Future top 10 player for years to come.
aachan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

They're 7-3 in their last 10. Have turned things around ever since Favors came back. Barring any major injuries to the team, what are the chances BI leads them to a playoff appearance?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
BI would be in the All star game if he played in the east, and not a injury replacement

Doofus lol.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject:

aachan wrote:
They're 7-3 in their last 10. Have turned things around ever since Favors came back. Barring any major injuries to the team, what are the chances BI leads them to a playoff appearance?

I’m still expecting it tbh. SoCal and I kept spitting the gospel of how huge losing favors was. He came back and suddenly the wings/guards defense (that they’ve been playing all year) is finally looking good. Should be 8-2 if no screw job in Utah. I still expect playoffs with 7th seed the ceiling imo.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers aren’t on I love watching the Pelicans and the Heat. Two very good young teams.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject:

After all that (bleep) they're still 3 losses behind the 8th spot. It is possible.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:45 am    Post subject:

aachan wrote:

Saw the Knicks-Pelicans game and they are still a mess defensively without Favors. I don't think they will sustain it if guys like JRue and Favors (he got hurt yesterday) continuing missing games. Rim protection is arguably the most important defensive element these days, and the Pelicans are abysmal there. Jaxson Hayes is pretty amazing, but too young and skinny to take on the responsibility. Favors and Hayes have been close to perfect for their center rotation. I'm really impressed.

That being said, I wouldn't rule out the 8th seed at full strength. Zion will make things a lot easier for BI and vice versa.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
After all that (bleep) they're still 3 losses behind the 8th spot. It is possible.

Pels and OKC... who they bumping out?
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Doofus lol.

Mods again playing favorites i see
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
aachan wrote:

Saw the Knicks-Pelicans game and they are still a mess defensively without Favors. I don't think they will sustain it if guys like JRue and Favors (he got hurt yesterday) continuing missing games. Rim protection is arguably the most important defensive element these days, and the Pelicans are abysmal there. Jaxson Hayes is pretty amazing, but too young and skinny to take on the responsibility. Favors and Hayes have been close to perfect for their center rotation. I'm really impressed.

That being said, I wouldn't rule out the 8th seed at full strength. Zion will make things a lot easier for BI and vice versa.

Kind of expect them to be buyers at the deadline. Going after some type of backup center and perhaps even a backup stretch 4 or shooting three. They have some relatively young rotation level players absolutely buried that another team could look to pick up in a 2-1 deal such as Kenrich, Jahlil, Frank Jackson and Moore( though I’d be hesitant to trade Moore unless it’s the right deal. He’s played great and really gives them spacing and another creator).
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Doofus lol.

He’s not a mod, unless I’m missing something
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Doofus lol.

He’s not a mod, unless I’m missing something

Think he meant what he was allowed to call him with no repercussions.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Tatum (bleep) all over Ingram.. Doesn't look like there's any debate at all as to who's better.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Tatum (bleep) all over Ingram.. Doesn't look like there's any debate at all as to who's better.

One game bro. You know better than to be a victim of living in the moment. Tatum has life mush easier. And he honestly didn’t even do much other than play a smart methodical game. Bi wasn’t ready to fight those screens,... but Ingram also didn’t have two other all stars playing beside of him. BI has a tendency to remember things like this,.. id Mark my calendar for the 26th if I were you.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:55 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

One game bro. You know better than to be a victim of living in the moment. Tatum has life mush easier. And he honestly didn’t even do much other than play a smart methodical game. Bi wasn’t ready to fight those screens,... but Ingram also didn’t have two other all stars playing beside of him. BI has a tendency to remember things like this,.. id Mark my calendar for the 26th if I were you.

These are the moments that guys who are rivals relish. They get up for these games. I'm willing to consider that the Celtics are a better team. With that being said Tatum had no problems scoring on Ingram. I just have to be honest. Ingram also had trouble scoring on him, Brown, and Smart efficiently. I'm not going to make any excuses for him. It was a poor showing..

We'll see what happens their next outing. But in regards to this one, Tatum owned him and his team. I have to keep it real. I still think Ingram has a higher ceiling though.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:31 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

These are the moments that guys who are rivals relish. They get up for these games. I'm willing to consider that the Celtics are a better team. With that being said Tatum had no problems scoring on Ingram. I just have to be honest. Ingram also had trouble scoring on him, Brown, and Smart efficiently. I'm not going to make any excuses for him. It was a poor showing..

We'll see what happens their next outing. But in regards to this one, Tatum owned him and his team. I have to keep it real. I still think Ingram has a higher ceiling though.

2nd night of a back to back on a road trip with 3 starters out, I’m not gonna put too much stock in this game.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:46 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

2nd night of a back to back on a road trip with 3 starters out, I’m not gonna put too much stock in this game.

That's valid, Luminous8 also made valid points..

The same way I had to be honest about how Kawhi's head to head match up with Bron went. Is the same way I have to be real about what took place this game. Maybe things will be different next time. But Tatum owned Ingram and his squad on this occasion.

There are some advantages that Tatum has because of Ingram's strength deficit. Really good perimeter defenders still give him problems. A year or so from now as his base gets stronger I expect that to change.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:

Kuz stepped up big!
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Kuz stepped up big!

I missed the game, what happened?
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
governator wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Kuz stepped up big!

Built that trade value up is what happened!
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:36 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
governator wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Kuz stepped up big!

Built that trade value up is what happened!

Too bad for him, he’s stuck here and will never be the man unlike Tatum and Ingram lol 😂
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

22 Years Old - Per 36 Min.:
Code:
Name        PPG (TS%)          RPG (RBD%)        APG (AST%)        SPG (STL%)       BPG (BLK%)
Pippen:     13.6 PPG (48.9%)    6.5 RPG          3.7 APG           2.0 SPG          1.1 BPG
Leonard:    15.8 PPG (60.2%)    7.7 RPG (12.1%)  2.5 APG (10.4%)   2.1 SPG (3.0%)   0.9 BPG (1.9%)
Giannis:    23.2 PPG (59.9%)    8.9 RPG (14.3%)  5.5 APG (26.6%)   1.7 SPG (2.3%)   1.9 BPG (4.7%)
Marion:     17.3 PPT (43.2%)   10.7 RPG          2.0 APG           1.7 SPG          1.4 BPG
Prince:     11.3 PPG (54.6%)    3.7 RPG          2.0 APG           0.8 SPG          1.2 BPG
Batum:      14.1 PPG (56.3%)    5.2 RPG (8.8%)   1.8 APG (8.1%)    1.0 SPG (1.5%)   0.7 BPG (1.6%)
Middleton:  14.5 PPG (54.1%)    4.5 RPG (7.2%)   2.5 APG (11.7%)   1.2 SPG (1.8%)   0.3 BPG (0.7%)
George:     16.7 PPG (53.1%)    7.3 RPG (11.3%)  4.0 APG (19.6%)   1.7 SPG (2.6%)   0.6 BPG (1.3%)
Durant:     25.6 PPG (58.9%)    6.3 RPG (10.3%)  2.5 APG (13.2%)   1.0 STL (1.5%)   0.9 BLK (1.8%)
Ingram:     26.4 PPG (59.7%)    7.1 RPG (10.4%)  4.4 APG (20.4%)   1.0 SPG (1.3%)   0.8 BPG (2.0%)

Rank out of 10
PPG - 1st (3rd in TS%)
RPG - 5th
APG - 2nd
SPG - 7th
BPG - 7th

Offensively, as an all around player, he is probably 2nd behind Durant. Defensively, he's probably bottom 3 on this list for his age, although I would argue that might have more to do with where he plays.

Also, every season we've watched him, he has shown improvement once January/February comes around. If that stays true to form this year, we haven't seen the best of BI yet this year. That said, he also seems to get injured every year around that time, so we'll see about that too.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject:

That's crazy. Wow.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Kuz stepped up big!

One game. Not 30+ like Ingram has. Kuzma doesn’t compare at all with BI.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1870, 1871, 1872 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1871 of 1885
Jump to: