OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4110, 4111, 4112 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Y'all really don't get the fact that there is noone on this team that can get their own shot off the dribble.

Lance Stephenson would help this team. Alec Burks too.

The need for a penetrator is real, and it seems many here will only realize it when they finally see it.

Absolutely. We need shot creators and we have so many one dimensional offensive players. Reminds me when LBJ wanted the Cavs to get him some help (once Kyrie left ).

I know it’s a small sample size, but one of our bench players actually leads the league in isolation play efficiency. Heh.

No peeking! Anyone want to guess who?

Off the top of my head, I'd say Quinn Cook. His defense is the only reason he doesn't get more playing time because from what I've seen, he can flat out score.

I think when we're trying to ice games that we have a lead in, him playing some of those minutes that Rondo usually gets will help. He can get his shot well and looks to be a great shooter off the dribble.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
If Davis won't start at center, fine, but don't expect the GM to sacrifice, take risks, and make win-now moves, putting his resume, reputation, and legacy on the line, when clearly Davis and James aren't making the same win-now sacrifices.

No. Rob will do whatever it takes to keep LBJ/AD happy. He's not going to throw a temper tantrum if AD isn't willing to play center.

What I would like is for the Lakers to have a backup center who can stretch the floor. Obviously Boogie was supposed to be that and on paper, seemed like a great move.

I see where you're coming from but I would argue the way Dwight is playing is better than anything Boogie would have brought....Absolutely no way Boogie would've played D, set picks, etc. the way Dwight is.

Yup. Dwight has really exceeded expectations, but now the question is whether he has overpriced himself next year.

Still too early. Let's see how it goes first. Maybe Boogie is back at the minimum next year but I wouldn't count on his body holding up.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
If Davis won't start at center, fine, but don't expect the GM to sacrifice, take risks, and make win-now moves, putting his resume, reputation, and legacy on the line, when clearly Davis and James aren't making the same win-now sacrifices.

No. Rob will do whatever it takes to keep LBJ/AD happy. He's not going to throw a temper tantrum if AD isn't willing to play center.

What I would like is for the Lakers to have a backup center who can stretch the floor. Obviously Boogie was supposed to be that and on paper, seemed like a great move.

I see where you're coming from but I would argue the way Dwight is playing is better than anything Boogie would have brought....Absolutely no way Boogie would've played D, set picks, etc. the way Dwight is.

Yup. Dwight has really exceeded expectations, but now the question is whether he has overpriced himself next year.

Still too early. Let's see how it goes first. Maybe Boogie is back at the minimum next year but I wouldn't count on his body holding up.

That's a great point....I'm hoping that Dwight is so happy here that he would take a discount to continue...wishful thinking on my part.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

You want a fifth center on the roster?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

You want a fifth center on the roster?

Boogie doesn't count for me (though I understand he counts as a roster slot). I don't think we would do that this year, I was speaking more prospectively to give us a better floor spacing big. Jav/Dwight are what they are as rim runners/finishers.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Burks can't be had for Horton-Tucker, in my opinion.

With his minimum salary and his ability to be added to any team, O think Golden State gets a low first or multiple seconds (2-3) for him from a contender.

Which contender has a need for Burks and a pick to trade?

Burks is fools good right now. No one is trading anything of value for him.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

With his minimum salary and his ability to be added to any team, O think Golden State gets a low first or multiple seconds (2-3) for him from a contender.

Houston seemingle can never have enough 6'5-6'6 wings who shoot 36% from three and can drive all the way to the cup.

If they have the second round picks (don't know if they do), I can definitely see them going after him.

Your point is valid though. Off my head, I can't think of anymore -- maybe Indiana or the Bucks (for depth).

Of you're right, that Burks value is a single second round pick, then Golden State just golds on to him and hopes he returns for a cheap deal.

I stand by the notion that a single second round pick won't be enough to nab him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

I would be very surprised if a team gave up a 1st (let alone multiple 2nds) for him. Isn't he on a 1 year deal?
Laker Hefe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Y'all really don't get the fact that there is noone on this team that can get their own shot off the dribble.

The need for a penetrator is real, and it seems many here will only realize it when they finally see it.

Can Kuz start working on a spin move??? He becomes so predictable when he drives. Last night he had multiple opportunities to spin away from the defender and have an easy path to the rim. Instead he gets forced away from the rim due to his inability to adjust. I guess you get spoiled watching Kobe for 20 years then Lebron doing it every night.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is a stone scorer, but he ain't the type needed that you give the ball to and clear out.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Absolutely. We need shot creators and we have so many one dimensional offensive players. Reminds me when LBJ wanted the Cavs to get him some help (once Kyrie left ).

I know it’s a small sample size, but one of our bench players actually leads the league in isolation play efficiency. Heh.

Off the top of my head, I'd say Quinn Cook. His defense is the only reason he doesn't get more playing time because from what I've seen, he can flat out score.

I think when we're trying to ice games that we have a lead in, him playing some of those minutes that Rondo usually gets will help. He can get his shot well and looks to be a great shooter off the dribble.

You got it. =)
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

if Andre Drummond cant fetch a 1st, wonder what will bogdan who is still injured might fetch to Kings.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

You got it. =)

Yea. Someone already posted those numbers in the Clippers Gap thread.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Kuzma is a stone scorer, but he ain't the type needed that you give the ball to and clear out.

There have been many, many championship teams that don't have a 2nd clear out and score perimeter player.

If AD can't be your 2nd go to scorer and give you 10 minutes a game as the go-to player, the Lakers have much, much bigger long-term issues.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/yahoosportsnba/status/1217137145556549632?s=21

Crazy the change.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Crazy the change.

Naw, Kobe just retired
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Crazy the change.

Naw, Kobe just retired

LA & DD of the Spurs didn’t get the memo.
microbe obliterator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Crazy the change.

the 2019-2020 graphic is flippin me the bird...how rude! the 2001-2002 graphic needs to turn that fighter ship east and pew pew for justice!
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Crazy the change.

The only thing that remains consistent? Staying away from the break at the 3pt line.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

Steven A Smith said the lakers should go after Devin Booker. That would be crazy if we could get booker, impossible.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

I can’t believe it’s already 1/14.

Deadline is coming up fast.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

It's why I'm not super confident we win a chip. We are flawed offensively between only having 2 playmakers on our roster and Vogel's lack of creativity on offense.
But I do think we have a solid chance of winning it all because I can pick out just as big of flaws with other teams. MIL is Giannis and a bunch of role players. Doc underperforms by catering to his star players too much. Philly screwed up by giving Ben Simmons a starting lineup that is slow getting down court, plus Embiid hasn't shown he can be a clutch scorer.. MDA has a history of underachieving in the playoffs. The list goes on and on.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Crazy the change.

Naw, Kobe just retired

LA & DD of the Spurs didn’t get the memo.

LA finally started shooting 3s with regularity around Christmas and the Spurs have had an offensive explosion since then.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I can’t believe it’s already 1/14.

Deadline is coming up fast.

I have a strange feeling the Sixers are gonna pull off a shocker and trade Ben Simmons.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

It's why I'm not super confident we win a chip. We are flawed offensively between only having 2 playmakers on our roster and Vogel's lack of creativity on offense.
But I do think we have a solid chance of winning it all because I can pick out just as big of flaws with other teams. MIL is Giannis and a bunch of role players. Doc underperforms by catering to his star players too much. Philly screwed up by giving Ben Simmons a starting lineup that is slow getting down court, plus Embiid hasn't shown he can be a clutch scorer.. MDA has a history of underachieving in the playoffs. The list goes on and on.

I think they're a consistent Kuzma and '18-19 Darren Collison (with no Rondo minutes) away from being title favorites. That's crazy given what else is on the roster. Lebron is the MVP.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4110, 4111, 4112 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4111 of 8560
Jump to: