OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1872, 1873, 1874 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
He was the best young player we had since Kobe, but there's no way he would have thrived in this environment, especially in the age of social media and twitter. At least Kobe came off the bench and played with multiple all-stars in his first 2-3 seasons (not to mention the most dominant player to ever play this game in Shaq). BI on the other hand was expected to be Durant from day 1, despite weighing 20 pounds less and not having the strength to overpower players 5-10 inches smaller than him.

Ingram was terrible to bad until this season in which he started taking and making more 3s on another team. The Lakers were crap on youth development, admittedly, but Durant by year two was good and by season three he was a monster. BI never should've been expected or pushed to be the next Durant, but if he shot like this last season he might still be a Laker.

?

Brandon Ingram

Uh huh... Still.. ???

He became a positive BPM player in year four by taking and making more 3s. Before then he was terrible to bad, an empty stats player because his offensive impact wasn't sufficiently efficient and he's a poor defender.

saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject:

SAS kept saying Kuzma and Hart to lesser extent are the keepers for Lakers. Astonishing how these guys are paid millions but can't even evaluate such big talent difference. Wish NO were as bad and asked for Kuz.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
He was the best young player we had since Kobe, but there's no way he would have thrived in this environment, especially in the age of social media and twitter. At least Kobe came off the bench and played with multiple all-stars in his first 2-3 seasons (not to mention the most dominant player to ever play this game in Shaq). BI on the other hand was expected to be Durant from day 1, despite weighing 20 pounds less and not having the strength to overpower players 5-10 inches smaller than him.

Ingram was terrible to bad until this season in which he started taking and making more 3s on another team. The Lakers were crap on youth development, admittedly, but Durant by year two was good and by season three he was a monster. BI never should've been expected or pushed to be the next Durant, but if he shot like this last season he might still be a Laker.

?

Brandon Ingram

Uh huh... Still.. ???

He became a positive BPM player in year four by taking and making more 3s. Before then he was terrible to bad, an empty stats player because his offensive impact wasn't sufficiently efficient and he's a poor defender.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

There's no j*rkoff emoji so I apologize for the poor substitute.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
I’m sad, (bleep) let go of this guy way too soon. Imagine trading in Kobe before he started balling out. No Jerry to say No

Jerry would have never made such a trade, without negotiating. I think that Jerry would be high on Ingram though.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I could totally see you using it too lol..
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

?

Brandon Ingram

Uh huh... Still.. ???

Too many people don't watch the games.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject:

His rookie season he showed very small glimpses of his potential but it wasn't until last season where I think he really started putting it together. This season he's just (bleep) killing it. I really hope we're competing consistently for the title for the next 3-4 seasons or else this one is going to sting

our quiet lowkey humble youngin' is evolving to a beast
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Samesies. Make an argument for BI being good before this season.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

?

Brandon Ingram

Uh huh... Still.. ???

Too many people don't watch the games.

You probably thought Jordan Clarkson was good at basketball.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

I would feel silly making that argument. It's apparent he was. I'm okay with you believing he wasn't.

Edit: BTW I'd never use anything as obscene as a Jerkoff emoji..

Last edited by SocalDevin on Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

I've always been a BI guy, and while he was balling post all-star break last year, there were worries on if his blood clotting issues would end up putting the kibosh on his career (see what I did there? )
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject:

LakersDC wrote:
I've always been a BI guy, and while he was balling post all-star break last year, there were worries on if his blood clotting issues would end up putting the kibosh on his career (see what I did there? )

It was made clear pretty early that he didn't have the same issue as Bosh..
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

?

DON’T FEED THE TROLLS.
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:08 am    Post subject:

I honestly can’t believe people value a statistic like win shares over what they can see with their own two eyes.

One number stats suck.

You want to tell me what a guy shoots on corner 3s? Cool. Good stat. PPP during their ISOs? Cool. Valuable data in some senses.

A one number statistic that tells us whether a guy is good or not? What? No. Those stats are so noisy due to attribution errors and value assumptions that they are only good for identifying superstars, role players, and really bad players. They aren’t meant for discerning the better player between two guys who are in the same tier of talent.

A lot of these statistics are barely more useful than some kind of points scoring system used in a fantasy basketball league. People act like BPM is the height of mathematical sophistication. Read into some of these stats. It isn’t as impressive as people seem to think. Executives at the NBA level are using proprietary evaluation tools and metrics — not freaking win shares.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:02 am    Post subject:

Looks like BI now putting up those huge numbers on the pelicans like AD was.... when this guy hits 25 well really miss what we had
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:11 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I would feel silly making that argument. It's apparent he was. I'm okay with you believing he wasn't.

BVH was always anti-Ingram,.. arguing with him is a waste of time. Glad to see you finally come around though Baron. But this was always going to happen for the kid. Humble Beast!
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:37 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

BVH was always anti-Ingram,.. arguing with him is a waste of time. Glad to see you finally come around though Baron. But this was always going to happen for the kid. Humble Beast!

Yeah we've been banned as a result of our sparring in the past lol.. I wasn't going to debate. I just found his comment amusing. Also any argument I would make has already been made, not only by myself, but others as well.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:39 am    Post subject:

L4L wrote:
I honestly can’t believe people value a statistic like win shares over what they can see with their own two eyes.

One number stats suck.

You want to tell me what a guy shoots on corner 3s? Cool. Good stat. PPP during their ISOs? Cool. Valuable data in some senses.

A one number statistic that tells us whether a guy is good or not? What? No. Those stats are so noisy due to attribution errors and value assumptions that they are only good for identifying superstars, role players, and really bad players. They aren’t meant for discerning the better player between two guys who are in the same tier of talent.

A lot of these statistics are barely more useful than some kind of points scoring system used in a fantasy basketball league. People act like BPM is the height of mathematical sophistication. Read into some of these stats. It isn’t as impressive as people seem to think. Executives at the NBA level are using proprietary evaluation tools and metrics — not freaking win shares.

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:45 am    Post subject:

Ingram had 49 points tonight in an overtime win against the Jazz, that was good to see.

Also of note is that the Pelicans have recently been starting all three ex-Lakers, Ingram, Ball & Hart and have been winning at a decent clip ahead of Zion coming back next week, they should be a fun team to watch going forward...!
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:59 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Yeah we've been banned as a result of our sparring in the past lol.. I wasn't going to debate. I just found his comment amusing. Also any argument I would make has already been made, not only by myself, but others as well.

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:15 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:47 am    Post subject:

Props to the young man
Great game and he’s earning a max contract
He should be at the all star game
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:32 am    Post subject:

BI was showing flashes until he pretty much put it all together last year post-all-star break. However, there was always some criticism with BI regardless of what he did on the court: blood clot, too skinny, too slow, not as good as KD, not an elite 3pt shooter, hasn't shown consistent high-level of play for long enough. This short-sighted mentality makes winning only possible via trade since we probably would have traded a young Kobe for an all-star to pair with LeBron. Meanwhile, we made Kuzma untouchable when his most notable characteristics were his number of hairstyles and horrible wardrobe choices.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject:

I was wrong about BI's ceiling. I thought he would be a do-it-all kind of hybrid player, but it's clear he's a go-to scorer. Sky's the limit for him if he can stay healthy. That's the only concern I have for him.

The more you look at it, the more both the Lakers/Pels made out with exactly what they wanted (and I do believe AD is re-signing). Pels have an amazing young core.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1872, 1873, 1874 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1873 of 1885
Jump to: