Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 486, 487, 488 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Frankie starched by KZ. But I think that was a predictable outcome. KZ too big and too precise with his strikes.

That’s why Conor wanted to fight Frankie too, easy win lol

Frankie looked like he was a Jr. High student against a HS'er. Conor would've smoked him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Frankie starched by KZ. But I think that was a predictable outcome. KZ too big and too precise with his strikes.

Frankie looked like he was a Jr. High student against a HS'er. Conor would've smoked him.

Exactly!! The size difference was insane!!

Who you got in the conor vs cowboy fight JB?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

No clue brotha. It's been 3 years, $100M+ and a whiskey company since Conor last beat Eddie. I have no idea how he's gonna look.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

No clue brotha. It's been 3 years, $100M+ and a whiskey company since Conor last beat Eddie. I have no idea how he's gonna look.

Very true. You would think conor would take this seriously because his mystique is gone with one more loss. But the rumors of a fallout with his coach don’t give me a lot of confidence.

One thing is for sure I know cowboy will be training his butt off. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for him
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:06 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Very true. You would think conor would take this seriously because his mystique is gone with one more loss. But the rumors of a fallout with his coach don’t give me a lot of confidence.

One thing is for sure I know cowboy will be training his butt off. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for him

Isn’t cowboy coming of a beat down via Gaethji?

I think Conor beats him.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

Why couldn't Connor fight Gaethe? Or someone not nearly washed up?

Cerrone is a blue collar badass but I think his age near 37 now is too much for him to beat McGregor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

I think Conor beats him.

That’s true cowboy did get starched in his last fight. If I were him I’d y’all a lot of trash about standing and banging then take him down at first opportunity and go for the submission like he did to Perry
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

I think Conor beats him.

That’s true cowboy did get starched in his last fight. If I were him I’d y’all a lot of trash about standing and banging then take him down at first opportunity and go for the submission like he did to Perry

I don’t see any way cowboy wins outside the scenario you just laid out. But cowboy is no Khabib and wouldn’t be able to keep Conor there even if he did take him down. This is about as easy a path back to contention as they could blueprint.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
I don’t see any way cowboy wins outside the scenario you just laid out. But cowboy is no Khabib and wouldn’t be able to keep Conor there even if he did take him down. This is about as easy a path back to contention as they could blueprint.

Agreed. That’s why JB and I were joking that Conor wanted Frankie. His camp is definitely picking the easiest path back.

If it’s a 5 rounder cowboy needs to try to tire him out first then go for a takedown/scramble & sub

He should have a decent size advantage at least
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

I think if Conor still has any of that precision that made him great in the first place, then landing that at 170 should be enough for him to roll past Cowboy.

I admire Cowboy for his toughness and willingness to fight anyone, but I think this matchup is a great way back in for Conor. Conor is good at picking off people who stand toe to toe with him.

I would love to see him get past Cowboy then get Masvidal, the hype and trash talk would be incredible, although I think Jorge would destroy him.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

2 weeks until Connor gets knocked out by an old man
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

CI, prepare your have your hopes dashed. Cowboy is cooked. Extra crispy.

Take heart, I’m getting this inkling that Conor may actually want to try to prove Dana wrong and ask for a night in the octagon with Gamebred. And THAT fight is one that’ll break the bank. Which is the only reason I think Dana let’s that happen.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
CI, prepare your have your hopes dashed. Cowboy is cooked. Extra crispy.

Take heart, I’m getting this inkling that Conor may actually want to try to prove Dana wrong and ask for a night in the octagon with Gamebred. And THAT fight is one that’ll break the bank. Which is the only reason I think Dana let’s that happen.

True..
I found it odd how he was saying he was hoping for later round win but it might have been respect instead of claiming the 1st or 2nd.

I think Cowboy has diminished a lot and is knockout prone from so many hits

Personalities are really a different set for these two

Gamebred will turn up the heat on Connors Hype machine abilities. Yelling horrible (bleep) at a Classy Veteran like Cowboy isn't the same as yelling about who the BMF is etc
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Got word from a homey of mine that McG and his team sought out the help of an Egoscue exec to help him with training. The system is all about postural correction and alignment. They work in large part to help those individuals who are suffering chronic pain in some of the worst ways where even surgery hasn’t helped and they get amazing perhaps miraculous results.

But the process is now starting to be used by pro athletes. My homey has worked with at least one that everyone here would recognize in the past.

What I was told is that Egoscue can help with cardio issues, maximize striking power, balance and even the ability to take/roll with punishment to greater effect.

I know that Conor has always been the type to pursue any competitive edge to his training regimen (Ido Portal) so this is a very intriguing development to me.

Granted, my homey is FIRMLY invested in Egoscue so he’s singing its praises but I’ve seen some before and after’s of severe cases that were night & day. So, there is certainly something to the process.

Just a little crumb of interest I thought I’d share. Gonna catch the card at my brother-in-law’s place. My first live event since JB and watched DC shock Stipe.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Got word from a homey of mine that McG and his team sought out the help of an Egoscue exec to help him with training. The system is all about postural correction and alignment. They work in large part to help those individuals who are suffering chronic pain in some of the worst ways where even surgery hasn’t helped and they get amazing perhaps miraculous results.

But the process is now starting to be used by pro athletes. My homey has worked with at least one that everyone here would recognize in the past.

What I was told is that Egoscue can help with cardio issues, maximize striking power, balance and even the ability to take/roll with punishment to greater effect.

I know that Conor has always been the type to pursue any competitive edge to his training regimen (Ido Portal) so this is a very intriguing development to me.

Granted, my homey is FIRMLY invested in Egoscue so he’s singing its praises but I’ve seen some before and after’s of severe cases that were night & day. So, there is certainly something to the process.

Just a little crumb of interest I thought I’d share. Gonna catch the card at my brother-in-law’s place. My first live event since JB and watched DC shock Stipe.

Aww man, was gonna see if you wanted to come through.

Back to Conor, did you see his interview with Helwani? He mentioned being inspired by Lebron when Lebron said he spent 1.5 M a year on his body. He also mentioned drinking even during his last camp. He probably still would have lost to Khabib but no one with a functional set of eyes can tell me with a straight face that Conor looked the same in that fight as he did against Aldo. He went from a guy with some of the best/quickest footwork in the game to a guy that appeared like he was moving with sand bags tied to his ankles.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

JB, mofo was shooting whiskey at the Khabib presser!! I didn’t catch the interview with Helwani but there’s no doubt the guy was on a self destructive path, driving full speed in reverse with shades on at night. He appears humbled, at least outwardly, from the little I’ve caught through the embedded vids and, if anyone believes in redemption, it’s me. So I’d love to see him make a positive turn. That Cowboy fight though, it’s mad suspect. I mean, I get it from a marketing standpoint but to put him automatically back into championship contention is a sizable stretch.

I’ll definitely get out to one this year. Hopefully we can rock the Khabib/Ferguson scrap. That’s gonna be epic. Just been real tough getting out these days since Baby Girl #2’s arrival. Considering last year was my busiest for bass playing/music gigs, it’s already asking a lot to get out of the house and leave wifey to do all the heavy lifting when I’m out having fun and there ain’t no pay coming back. Women are funny that way lol.

But this is a family outing. I just got lucky because my brother in law is from Blackpool, England and only watches McG fights cause he digs the spectacle.

I’m thinking of what happens is El Cucuy shocks the world. Styles make fights and Conor has a better shot of beating Tony than Khabib. To be honest, that scenario would be great for the division.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject:

Cowboy called out for a clear limp, favoring his right leg during an embedded video. Meant to post about this after watching it. He said he’s fine and just kicked the pad wrong. Ain’t no way he’s not showing especially at this dollar amount. Still a bummer. It’s his best weapon.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Cowboy called out for a clear limp, favoring his right leg during an embedded video. Meant to post about this after watching it. He said he’s fine and just kicked the pad wrong. Ain’t no way he’s not showing especially at this dollar amount. Still a bummer. It’s his best weapon.
I gotta watch embedded now. I saw the limp on mma world but I need to watch more closely
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

True.. I am happy Connor picked Cowboy because Cowboy deserves the cash.. then a retirement so he isn't a pickle
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Why couldn't Connor fight Gaethe? Or someone not nearly washed up?

Cerrone is a blue collar badass but I think his age near 37 now is too much for him to beat McGregor

He hasn't fought in 2 years, and his last fight was Khabib. Conor isn't scared of anyone, and he will likely fight someone legit after this "tune-up" fight in which he will retire Cowboy.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Connor/Cowboy preview via Ron Perlman
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Hope nobody took a long bathroom break or you missed the entire fight...
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Man sad for cowboy, I like the guy! But Connor is back and he's a beast.

Really became a fan of cowboy after this insane story he shared on the Joe Rogan Experience. Definitely worth 17 minutes of your time

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=or92IMcLoIc
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Hope nobody took a long bathroom break or you missed the entire fight...

I like how Rogan said it
This is a man worth 200 million who came out like he had two dollars in the bank..

There are so many opportunities like those shoulder strikes. Times where the opponent is thinking after an exchange ..they pause like they're entitled to a pause. This was where Tyson would destroy. Don't pause when your life is on the line. Those first two shoulder shrug strikes hurt. If I get hurt by one I'm doing something different

I've always liked fighters who didn't go in there to Outlast their opponent they went in to finish him at every single opportunity as fast as safely possible

Just realized how deadly those strikes can be
Shoves the bridge of nose straight up
Smashes into an eye socket quite effectively
Catch a tongue hanging out
And plenty more I'm sure.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Man. I can’t be sipping that Kool Aid like some of y’all. I’m actually shocked fam.

We’re talking about a Cowboy who was coming off being dismembered by Ferguson and Gaethji. Conor won. Looked good doing it. Won’t deny that. But perspective is begging to be heard after this entire show was a set up from the fighters to the announcers to frame the Irishman’s return as victorious, resurgent and reinvigorating the company. Rogan tried to keep it a little real but it’s a mandate.

Let’s see the man stack up against anyone in the top 5. He does what he did tonight and all this hyperbole is definitely warranted.

Who didn’t think Conor would beat Cowboy? Who here would actually be surprised if we’d been told in advance of watching it how the victory would come?

Good for the UFC, good on Conor. Now let’s see a real matchup. Because until that happens, it’s a reach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 486, 487, 488 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 487 of 499
Jump to: