OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 693, 694, 695 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I don't think we're having this discussion with better playmaking around Kuz..

I know he's been inconsistent, not making any excuses for him. But it's no secret that he needs good playmakers around him to optimize his value and production.

I'm not saying he'd be an all-star or anything like that but if we had a better orchestrator in the second unit we'd be seeing a better version of Kuz.

I think we fix the Kuz problem with an addition.. as oppose to getting rid of him for a piece that would actually benefit him more than anyone else on the roster.

Yeah. That’s hurt him this year for sure.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Kuz has only hurt himself this year.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
Weird everyone acting like we could have kept BI, what we should be talking about is if we could have kept Zo - IF ANYTHING.

Zo is the perfect fit for this team in every aspect.

Zo's production has already been replaced.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Day wrote:
Weird everyone acting like we could have kept BI, what we should be talking about is if we could have kept Zo - IF ANYTHING.

he would be an upgrade over Rondo but thats not saying much
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Hart would be an upgrade over Rondo
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Day wrote:

he would be an upgrade over Rondo but thats not saying much

Moreso speaking to AB/Caruso in addition to LeBron handling PG duties. Zo hasn't been very good in the halfcourt at all even compared to Rondo.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
I would like to think it's blatantly obvious the only reason the Lakers beat out the Celtics deal or the Pels simply not making any deal at all is because of Ingram

No the reason why we beat out the Celtics deal is because:

1. Rich Paul, Lebron James and Anthony Davis were hell bent on AD coming to LA.

2. AD’s dad came out and said the reason AD will never sign with the Celtics if they do make the trade is because of the way they treated Isaiah Thomas after how they treated despite giving his all to that franchise, playing after his sister passed and playing injured, yet the Celtics didn’t offer him the max

3. “The King Maker” dropped a Sports Illustrated story right when the off season began stating AD would only be a 1 year rental in Boston

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/12/rich-paul-klutch-sports-group-lakers-pelicans-lebron-james-anthony-davis

How bad is y’all memory folks?

The powers that be made their choice, now they’d have to live with it.

Last edited by BigBoi on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
hype wrote:
I would like to think it's blatantly obvious the only reason the Lakers beat out the Celtics deal or the Pels simply not making any deal at all is because of Ingram

1. Rich Paul, Lebron James and Anthony Davis were hell bent on coming to LA.

2. AD’s dad came out and said the reason AD will never sign with the Celtics if they do make the trade is because of the way they treated Isaiah Thomas after how they treated despite giving his all to that franchise, playing after his sister passed and playing injured, yet the Celtics didn’t offer him the max

3. “The King Maker” dropped a Sports Illustrated story right when the off season began stating AD would only be a 1 year rental in Boston

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/12/rich-paul-klutch-sports-group-lakers-pelicans-lebron-james-anthony-davis

This is how I see it too
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
hype wrote:

Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject:

My prediction:

Kuzma will not be traded. He is part of a team that is 33-8. If it works, don't fix it. We are going to ride out this season with this core roster.

Perhaps some other move will happen before the trade deadline, not involving Kuzma.

His hair is wild and annoying at times, but so was Dennis Rodman's. We can only hope that our opponents find it annoying.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hart would be an upgrade over Rondo

but he'd be totally redundant and inferior to what Caruso and KCP already bring... better defenders, better shooters
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
hype wrote:

At 33-8 I’d say they’re “living with it” pretty well.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
My prediction:

Kuzma will not be traded. He is part of a team that is 33-8. If it works, don't fix it. We are going to ride out this season with this core roster.

Perhaps some other move will happen before the trade deadline, not involving Kuzma.

His hair is wild and annoying at times, but so was Dennis Rodman's. We can only hope that our opponents find it annoying.

Mos def we gonna hold on into him unless someone offer a no brainer which is a long shot. Role players does not win you a playoff series anyway , they can win a game or 2 in a playoff. He is inconsistent just like most of young players but he has no fear when it comes down to clutch and he may very come through for us when it matters.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I don't think we're having this discussion with better playmaking around Kuz..

I know he's been inconsistent, not making any excuses for him. But it's no secret that he needs good playmakers around him to optimize his value and production.

I'm not saying he'd be an all-star or anything like that but if we had a better orchestrator in the second unit we'd be seeing a better version of Kuz.

I think we fix the Kuz problem with an addition.. as oppose to getting rid of him for a piece that would actually benefit him more than anyone else on the roster.

Kuz is Kuz's problem

On the Road he seems to play better as evidenced by his 3 worst offensive games all coming at home (Bagel against the Mavs, then 2 1 for 7 starts...last one really cost us)

When Kuz is on fire you dont worry about his D so much but when he dropping floaters that dont fall and avoiding contact his stickers out in the worst ways.

And literally every coach goes right at him on defense because his on ball is garbage and off ball he's consistently out of position and late to react to motion.

But perhaps Kuz's worst offense, besides the 'Look At Me I Need So Much Attention' Highlighter Hairdo, is that he repeatedly switches on to smaller players following weak screens which is both lazy and clearly not what Frank wants anyone doing.

There is no aspect of D that he is even on at...which tells me he might give effort for the camera but he sure as hell ain't studying or working on that end. No one with his talent can be that undebateably bad on D unless they aren't studying the concepts.

He got abused against Orlando...ABUSED.

#BannersOverBillboards
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
hype wrote:

At 33-8 I’d say they’re “living with it” pretty well.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

I’m ok with keeping Kuz. But we badly need to address backup PG and big wing defender. That means two guys have to get cut then. Who will that be?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Rumble young man, rumble!
Rest that ankle. Thanks for the solid game.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm all in on Kuz. We need his dynamic offense off the bench.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

More of this Kuz. Get consistent for the 2nd half of the season.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Might be his best defensive game for my money
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

LeBron credited Kuzma’s defense against Russ in the 2nd half. Never thought I’d see something like this!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Heck of a well rounded game tonight.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Been saying for a good 6 weeks now. Both his D and his corner 3 ball are much much improved. Today we saw how Lebron can kick it to him in the corner and he is trust worthy from there. I was not even shocked he hit them again and again. He is so good from that corner. He is also a much better defender than he ever was in the Luke Walton era. Defense under Vogel is night and day.

I do not like that we still stagnate at times, but when we run our offense, our offense is looking real good. We just need to get it going earlier at times, not wait so much to start it (this is all on Lebron BTW).

Kuzma is a really good 2nd option for such a cheap contract. In the games that Lebron and or AD have missed - Lakers have gone 4-1 with wins @ Dallas, Houston and OKC. Kuzma has had 3 games of 36, 26 and 23. That is big time. He is not consistent enough to be called an all-star, but he is getting to the point where you can really trust that he will have 3 big games every 5-6 game stretch. And his big games are not just a few points. They are big time contributions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Kuz should take more corner 3s
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Noice game. Didn't have much at H/T but stepped it up in the second. We needed it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 693, 694, 695 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 694 of 880
Jump to: