OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4181, 4182, 4183 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:26 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Hye4life wrote:
Lakers Get: Derrick Rose and PJ Tucker
Houston Get: Avery Bradley and Troy Daniels
Detroit Get: Kyle Kuzma and Quin Cook

Lol, even if salary are matching, why does Houston even agree to that. They are all in with Harden and Westbrook right now. They have a better shot if they trade Gordon and a couple of 2nd rounders for Gallo.

They can't trade Gordon until the offseason, thanks to the extension he signed. Capela and Tucker are their only real means of aggregating salary.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:43 am    Post subject:

If several teams are trying to trade for a player, then Pelinka doesn't have the leverage to force the other team to accept a meager offer.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:13 am    Post subject:

Lakers need a penetrator, a defensive wing, and another shooter.

Other than the wing defender, the needed skills can come from any position.

Collison fills the need of an added shooter ... but not a penetrator or wing defender.

Rose fills the need of a penetrator ... but not a wing defender or shooter.

This roster has versatility. Adding two point guards only effect Caruso and Rondo's minutes.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Lakers need a penetrator, a defensive wing, and another shooter.

Other than the wing defender, the needed skills can come from any position.

Collison fills the need of an added shooter ... but not a penetrator or wing defender.

Rose fills the need of a penetrator ... but not a wing defender or shooter.

This roster has versatility. Adding two point guards only effect Caruso and Rondo's minutes.

When you say this, do you mean as a part of the rotation? Because we could pretty easily fill one or two of these needs from the buyout market, but they’d be 3rd string players (MKG/Mbah a Moute/Crabbe/JR)

I also think we only need another shooter if we let go of Cook/Daniels, which to be fair seems likely if we do try to upgrade and fill those needs

Still think Bradley’s not as safe as you think, especially if we look to acquire Rose
#18 next...
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:37 am    Post subject:

Yes, in the rotation.

I don't disagree with you about Bradley.

I'm against trading him now solely to preserve Caruso's minutes.

Let all the guards duke it out (including Rose and Collison) and let the last five standing be apart of the rotation.

My guess is that Collison, Rose, Bradley, Green, and Pope will be the last men standing, but Caruso (and even Rondo) will get their chance as well.

Depth is great, especially if guys aren't making waves and causing discord.

Bradley is a seasoned vet. He has a lot to offer on both sides.

Caruso might be better, but he also might fold under the pressure of the playoffs. We've already seen evidence of Caruso playing scared in Milwaukee.

Keep them all my dude. You just never know what can happen.

Hell, Rose could be the guy that is out of the rotation. Anything is possible. Let them compete for minutes. Don't give up a good player (Bradley) to make room for Caruso.

Bradley bolsters this team considerably more than Cousin's warm body, who would be filling the empty roster spot left by Bradley.

That'd be a mistake, dude. I feel you that Caruso is a good rotational player. If he's more valuable than Bradley, let him earn it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject:

Messing around with the Trade Machine this morning, and I came up with 3 different trades for your viewing pleasure. Yes, they are all convoluted, especially the last one! Note that we can (and should) still sign Collison even after any of these theoretical trades, and that we could have an open roster spot or two for buyout candidates as well.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tfca2cu
Lakers send out Kuz, DG, Bradley, and THT. For moving Rose and Morris, Pistons get what they want in Kuz. Knicks turn the expiring Morris into a 2-way wing under contract for next year in DG (they are loaded with bigs and guards but not wings), and also pick up a prospect in THT. We get the creator and scorer we need in Rose, plus reunite the Morris twins. I think you could argue that we would acquire some much-needed toughness and physicality in this deal. Note that instead of Bradley to the Pistons, sending them both Cook and Daniels instead would work.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=r3pbbna
Lakers have the same things outgoing here. The Nets become the third team, and we get Harris and Temple back. It's very unlikely that the Nets retain the expiring Harris beyond this season, so they turn him into a 2-way wing in DG, plus pick up THT. In looking towards next year, when KD comes back, DG is a nice fit in their rotation. In place of DG, the Lakers get one of the best shooters in the league in Harris, though he's expiring and though he isn't as good of a defender. We also pick up Temple for depth (he's always been a pretty solid defender), and his deal next year is a team option that we can decline if need be. I say "if need be" only because there would remain a possibility that we could keep his deal on the books to remain an over-the-cap team, which we need to be in order to offer a full MLE this summer.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=uq9lxae
OK, so this one is a little out there, and I know how rare 4-teamers are, but work with me here, because this is my favorite 4-team scenario I've ever come up with. I actually see the logic in this for all teams involved. As for us, we're getting Gallinari and Rose here. As in the other deals, we're giving up Kuz, DG, and THT (plus filler), but this would be an obvious win-now move for us.

OKC turns the expiring Gallinari into the athletic Aaron Gordon for two more seasons, and not only that, they get solid depth with Galloway and Morris, both of whom are basically expirings (Morris will opt out this summer). Gordon would probably get more easy baskets with a passer like Chris Paul on his team, and he would give them the long, athletic, rangy wing defender that their team has been missing since Roberson went down. Speaking of Roberson, OKC gets to move off his money here, too, which saves them a couple million this year. They should be able to solidify their #7 seed in the West here while saving a little bit of money and also picking up Gordon for next season.

Orlando has been open to trading Gordon for a while, and here they try to solidify their East playoff spot by picking up DG, a two-way wing on the same contract timeline as Gordon, plus get Kuz cheaply for the next two seasons. They also get Bradley for depth at point guard, since Augustin just went down, and also agree to take Roberson (who makes a little bit more than Augustin, with both as expirings) to make the salary work for OKC. Orlando still barely saves money in this deal, even with taking Roberson; actually, the other 3 teams in this deal end up saving money here for the rest of this season. I originally had Orlando giving up a lottery-protected 1st in this, but the more I think about it, I think they would rather keep that and move Bamba instead. Since they re-signed Vucevic and with Isaac clearly having emerged, I just think it makes more sense for them to flip Bamba now, while he still has good value, and to keep their pick and to use it on something that will help their team more than Bamba will.

Now, onto Detroit. No, they don't get Kuz here, and no, they don't get a 1st rounder either. Instead, I think this deal is intriguing for them because they pick up Bamba. They are not going to have Drummond next season, and even with the presence of Griffin on their roster, it looks to me like the Pistons are heading for a clear rebuild. They will clear $63MM off their books from the departures of the expiring Drummond, Reggie Jackson, Galloway, Rose, and Morris. So why not pick up Bamba and THT? They take Augustin (and Cook) here for salary reasons. Note that this would all still work if Orlando wanted Cook instead of Bradley (they'd save money next year) and with Bradley going to Detroit instead of Cook (they have so much money coming off that it may be relatively inconsequential to them, although in that version they would be taking on about $800K in salary, prorated, for the rest of the year; we could send them a small amount of cash if necessary to cover for this).
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Yes, in the rotation.

I don't disagree with you about Bradley.

I'm against trading him now solely to preserve Caruso's minutes.

Let all the guards duke it out (including Rose and Collison) and let the last five standing be apart of the rotation.

My guess is that Collison, Rose, Bradley, Green, and Pope will be the last men standing, but Caruso (and even Rondo) will get their chance as well.

Depth is great, especially if guys aren't making waves and causing discord.

Bradley is a seasoned vet. He has a lot to offer on both sides.

Caruso might be better, but he also might fold under the pressure of the playoffs. We've already seen evidence of Caruso playing scared in Milwaukee.

Keep them all my dude. Your just never what can happen.

Hell, Rose could be the guy thst is out of the rotation. Anything is possible. Let them compete for minutes. Don't give up a good player (Bradley) to make room for Caruso.

Bradley bolsters this team considerably more than Cousin's warm body, who would be filling the empty roster spot left by Bradley.

That'd be a mistake, dude. I feel you that Caruso is a good rotational player. If he's more valuable than Bradley, let him earn it.

Fair enough on all of that, but I feel he could even be used as Rose trade salary filler. Probably is shipped off to a third team as the Pistons might not want him back but he could potentially be an odd man out, especially if we look to use Cook and Daniels in other trades, which is entirely possible. Who knows, the Pistons might even want Bradley instead of Cook/Daniels due to actually being a consistent role player that they know they can ship off for greater assets than the pair of shooters

I’m not sure you can fit another shooter, shot creator AND wing defender into the rotation. Yes for sure, get these types of players, but use one or two of them as situational players. For instance, someone like a MKG or Mbah a Moute would be the perfect wing defender to get, and they wouldn’t be a part of the rotation. They’d be a situational player similar to Cook/Daniels/Dudley that you can put on the court if we need to slow down an offensively aggressive wing. Kawhi’s giving us trouble? Put MKG at the four and AD at the five, even if it’s only for a six minute stretch

Getting a combination of Rose, Collison and a buyout wing defender (+ Morris and Malik Beasley in my hypothetical on the last page) fills all of our needs (shooting, shot creation, wing defense, toughness and fast tempo playmaking), while we don’t lose much at all if we trade Bradley/Kuz/Cook/Daniels/THT. That’s if we decide to go for the complete revamp however, which I’m skeptical we do for chemistry reasons
#18 next...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

Danny green is making 15m and giving inconsistent production at 9/3.6

Need more
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

3 starters averaging a combined total of 24 points. Honestly, we would be foucked if it was not for KCP (turning his season around) and DH.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
McGee is just one dumb player

But smarter than Howard. Several Shaqtin moments from him last night.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
3 starters averaging a combined total of 24 points. Honestly, we would be foucked if it was not for KCP (turning his season around) and DH.

KCP should start over Bradley but politics has Bradley starting.

Think they promised Bradley starting spot when they signed him
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Need more

This is how he played last season too. Only difference is he shot a career high 45% from 3 and this year he's at 38%. Toronto did a better job of setting him up for those corner 3's. Just need him to get back to his career average 40%.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Need more

This is how he played last season too. Only difference is he shot a career high 45% from 3 and this year he's at 38%. Toronto did a better job of setting him up for those corner 3's. Just need him to get back to his career average 40%.

Regression from 3-point range this season was inevitable for Green. He's still a solid role player, it's just that he got overpaid on a short-term deal (understandable, given where we were in the marketplace in the wake of Kawhi's decision). I'm very much open to the idea of aggregating him with Kuzma in a deal, even in a 3-team deal or more.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Umm, KCP is all about politics. He's the Klutch down payment for LBJ.

I think strategically, they start Bradley b/c KCP is a superior shooter/scorer over Bradley and having AB off the bench would really muck it up even more. At least KCP can sort of get his points off the bench.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I think strategically, they start Bradley b/c KCP is a superior shooter/scorer over Bradley and having AB off the bench would really muck it up even more. At least KCP can sort of get his points off the bench.

i just dont like AB's game. he is never a threat on the offensive end.

AD being allergic to playing Center further mucks up the spacing and offense
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Yeah AB's offense is terrible.

But I think he sets a defensive tone for the team that Vogel and company like.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

if Kuzma was ever offered for D Rose, you would think the deal is completed by now.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
if Kuzma was ever offered for D Rose, you would think the deal is completed by now.

seems like a trade with a lot of negotiating wiggle room. we could ask for Rose and Morris... ..they could ask for THT in that
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

seems like a trade with a lot of negotiating wiggle room. we could ask for Rose and Morris... ..they could ask for THT in that

Or we are asking for sekou back and they want to give kennard. Who knows
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Could be so much going on. They might know that they would do that offer, but maybe they are waiting to see if a team gets desperate enough to offer a 1st round pick that might be something like top-8 protected and they could (rightfully) see that as being more valuable than Kuz. Or maybe it could be that they or the Lakers or both are trying to engage teams in a more large, 3-team deal. Unless the Lakers specifically give them a deadline, it's not like the Pistons are under the gun to do a deal right now. Although I suppose you could argue that they risk Rose getting injured between now and the deadline.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject:

always say that each team could have a much much different value of our young players... but if DET likes Kuz.. he's the type of player that they should want. they're about to rebuild - and they need not just super raw super young guys, but they need 3rd and 4th year guys who can put the ball in the hoop -because often the super young guys aren't good at all at it. Kuz and Sekou play pretty much the same position... but that probably isn't an issue..

they're only 4 games away from 3rd worst record.. if they bottom out and get a top 3 pick - Sekou, Kuz, Kennard, THT, top 3 pick... i've seen worse rebuild young squads built in a year
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I agree. His defense is valuable, but not valuable enough imo to warrant being a starter. If we had more shooters in the starting line up, then sure. But that is not the case, so the starting point guard position should be upgraded with a better shooter imo. Then, the bench back court already has Caruso, who is similar to Bradley, being a great defender but mediocre shooter. Bradley could be utilized in a trade, imo.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

I don't think adding Rose makes our team better...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

his passing is super impressive this year. I'd be surprised if there's 10 better passers in the league
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

his passing is super impressive this year. I'd be surprised if there's 10 better passers in the league

Sure but not for kuzma. Need 3 back and Morris is not the one

Every team that has super long wings has tortured the Lakers: clippers, bucks, Boston and even magic

U trade kuzma for rose that wing position gets super thin
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4181, 4182, 4183 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4182 of 8560
Jump to: