OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4188, 4189, 4190 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:12 am    Post subject:

I would hope that the operations of our FO is equivalent to telling a kid not to touch a hot stove. The FO has already touched the stove a few teams in the past and hopefully they have learned. I do not believe they are releasing anything and all these rumors are just BS. I am sure Collison has legs, but other than that, they are operating in the weeds.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject:

You could make a very solid argument that MarKieff Morris, by himself, is an upgrade over Kyle Kuzma for this year's title run.

Many people here want "more" from Detroit in a Kuzma for Rose trade. In spite of him only being a one year rental, with the year Markieff Morris is having, he is the "more".

The Lakers would still need wing help, but a Rose for Kuzma trade (and a subsequent Collison signing) solves all the other issues on this roster.

How do you solve the defensive wing issue?

Offer up Horton-Tucker with one of McGee, Cousins, or Bradley to shore up that position ... McGee will probably agree to a trade after he's demoted in favor of Howard and Morris.

My Horton-Tucker, 4 million cash, and Cousins (or McGee) for Jackson and Iguodala is still the best low cost idea (for both teams) I've seen around these parts to fill that need.

PG - Collison - Rose - Rondo
SG - Green - Bradley - Caruso
C - Howard - Morris - Cousins
PF - Davis - Iguodala - Dudley
SF - James - Pope - Jackson

With the acquisition of Rose and Collison for the stretch run and Iguodala viewing the Lakers as a legit shot at his fourth ring, I think Iguodala leaves six million on the table for Memphis in a buyout to come to the Lakers. That means the Grizzlies would save over ten million dollars doing this deal and get a very talented teenager to boot ... not to mention players won't look at Memphis as the team who held Iggy hostage. For Memphis, I do not see a better deal out there for Iguodala than this one. Period. They get money and a prospect for two guys not even on their bench.

Y'all can criticize this move all you want, but if you don't have a more realistic solution on how to fill every need on this team, it's just noise from folks who aren't thoughtful enough to actually attempt to (realistically) solve the problems of this roster themselves.

Y'all have a good day. Peace be with you.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject:

I appreciate you Joe. Not criticizing you at all and I understand where you are coming. I would keep it simple. Hopefully sign Collison. I would trade Cook and either Dudley or Daniels for Jackson. Helps us improve in a couple of areas, is realistic, and does not rock the boat by moving someone from our current rotation.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject:

I didn't recieve your post as criticism at all, RI.

I believe in reclamation projects (ie. Howard and McClemore), but I don't think Jackson is ready to contribute in the rotation on this team this year. He really needs to hold the clipboard, get to practice on tme, and learn from the many veterans on this team, something he's never experienced before in Phoenix.

Jackson, right now, is best served in street clothes or the 13th man.

Mbah a Moute, Brewer, and Jonathan Simmons are better options for me. None have played a single minute this year, but if you sign them now, they could be ready for the postseason.

Also, where's Josh Smith? With three months to get in shape, he could be an excellent wing defensive stopper. He's good friends with Howard as well.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
I didn't recieve your post as criticism at all, RI.

I believe in reclamation projects (ie. Howard and McClemore), but I don't think Jackson is ready to contribute in the rotation on this team this year. He really needs to hold the clipboard, get to practice on tme, and learn from the many veterans on this team, something he's never experienced before in Phoenix.

Jackson, right now, is best served in street clothes or the 13th man.

Mbah a Moute, Brewer, and Jonathan Simmons are better options for me. None have played a single minute this year, but if you sign them now, they could be ready for the postseason.

Also, where's Josh Smith? With three months to get in shape, he could be an excellent wing defensive stopper. He's good friends with Howard as well.

Joe I really don't believe we will sign any of the guys you mentioned at the expense of releasing someone on the current team. Collison is an exception because there was interest in the off season to sign him.

I believe there are players Pelinka is looking at that we have not mentioned. Rose is a possibility but not for Kuz...IMO that's no happening unless we're getting someone else form the Pistons. I still think Bogie is a possibility.. even more so because of their trade for Bazemore.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject:

Pelinka doesn't really know what he's doing though does he. His moves are common sensical at best, but he lacks vision.

How do you create a roster with zero wing depth and no player who can offer dribble penetration?

I don't have much faith in him. I think King Randle would actually do a better job than Pelinka at running this franchise, current record be damned.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Pelinka doesn't really know what he's doing though does he. His moves are common sensical at best, but he lacks vision.

How do you create a roster with zero wing depth and no player who can offer dribble penetration?

I don't have much faith in him. I think King Randle would actually do a better job than Pelinka at running this franchise, current record be damned.

Solid points Joe. I think he focused too much on spot up shooters i.e. Cook, Daniels, Bradley, even Dudley who begged Bron to sign...the similarities of KCP, Green and Caruso....due to the lack of shooters from last year. If he would have signed Collison in the off season (no retirement) the need for a PG wouldn't be so obvious. And last I honestly think he over estimated how well Kuz would fit in with this group.

Let's see now how good of a GM he is now....there's a chance to make improvements although they will be difficult before the deadline.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.peachtreehoops.com/platform/amp/2019/7/7/20684945/josh-smith-atlanta-hawks-big3-joe-johnson
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.peachtreehoops.com/platform/amp/2019/7/7/20684945/josh-smith-atlanta-hawks-big3-joe-johnson

Never liked Josh Smith’s game. Pass.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject:

datniggbstyle wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:
3 Team Deal who says No?

Lakers Get: Zach Lavine

Bulls Get: Derrick Rose, Luke Kennard, THT, Langston Galloway

Pistons Get: Kyle Kuzma, Denzel Valentine, Quinn Cook, Danny Green (traded to a contender later)

Lakers Theory - Receive a secondary ball handler and 3rd option for this season and potential running mate for Anthony Davis post Lebron. Best of all scenarios in giving up Kuzma and also opening roster spots for buyout of Iggy and FA singing of Collison.

Bulls Theory - Brings fan favorite Derrick Rose home and provides them with two young backcourt pieces in Kennard and THT (hometown boy) Also clears Lavine off the books as relationship has been unfruitful.

Detroit Theory - Can sell the fans on Kuzma and final four hero Denzel Valentine. Kennard is a loss but the cost of doing business. Danny Green can be flipped for more value to a contender (Mavs, Philly, Miami etc)

From early January. Still believe it would have to be something like this.

Roster spots say no
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.peachtreehoops.com/plat form/amp/2019/7/7/20684945/josh-smith-atlanta-hawks-big3-joe-johnson

Cube said there was a Big announcement coming Wednesday. Hope that’s not it. lol.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Me either, but with his pal Howard as inspiration, he may be able to prove himself to be a servicable rotation piece as strictly a defender (like Howard) -- no shooting.

Beggars can't be too choosey.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Me either, but with his pal Howard as inspiration, he may be able to prove himself to be a servicable rotation piece as strictly a defender (like Howard) -- no shooting.

True...with that said, why did he fade out of the nba?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Because he's an idiot who shoots threes against coach's orders.

He could always defend though. Not sure if he has anything left in the tank.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

I get that he had Magic last year, but he built an imbalanced team last year with too many ball stoppers in Lance/Rondo and had no shooters around LBJ.

This year too many guys who can only defend guards (8 out of 15 roster spots) and too many one dimensional players who cannot create on offense. It's troubling. Why the lack of balance.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

I get that he had Magic last year, but he built an imbalanced team last year with too many ball stoppers in Lance/Rondo and had no shooters around LBJ.

This year too many guys who can only defend guards (8 out of 15 roster spots) and too many one dimensional players who cannot create on offense. It's troubling. Why the lack of balance.

Because he has less vision than you or I. A blind man could see what this team lacked before it's very first tip-off.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Inexperience
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:
3 Team Deal who says No?

Lakers Get: Zach Lavine

Bulls Get: Derrick Rose, Luke Kennard, THT, Langston Galloway

Pistons Get: Kyle Kuzma, Denzel Valentine, Quinn Cook, Danny Green (traded to a contender later)

Lakers Theory - Receive a secondary ball handler and 3rd option for this season and potential running mate for Anthony Davis post Lebron. Best of all scenarios in giving up Kuzma and also opening roster spots for buyout of Iggy and FA singing of Collison.

Bulls Theory - Brings fan favorite Derrick Rose home and provides them with two young backcourt pieces in Kennard and THT (hometown boy) Also clears Lavine off the books as relationship has been unfruitful.

Detroit Theory - Can sell the fans on Kuzma and final four hero Denzel Valentine. Kennard is a loss but the cost of doing business. Danny Green can be flipped for more value to a contender (Mavs, Philly, Miami etc)

From early January. Still believe it would have to be something like this.

Roster spots say no

Common sense says no.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Inexperience

No sir. You, me, and yinoma have never ran a franchise either. We're inexperienced too, but we all saw the needs, especially at that wasteland of a backup wing spot. He's inexperienced, but you can't blame this particular bout of incompetence on that.

It's just lack of vision. Pure and simple.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PNWlakers wrote:
logical24 wrote:
NBA RUMORS: Lakers Could Potentially Land Zach Lavine! 👀🔥
It’s no secret that the Los Angeles Lakers have opened themselves up to the idea of trading Kyle Kuzma. In fact, the possibility may never have been off the table.
With a few weeks to go ahead of February’s trade deadline, his name has been the center of a number of rumors lately, the latest involving a potential deal with the Chicago Bulls.
In a deal proposed by Jonathan Kiernan of Fansided‘s Lake Show Life, the Lakers could acquire star guard Zach LaVine by sending a trade package including Kyle Kuzma, Danny Green, and Talen Horton-Tucker to Chicago.

I love Zach's game. Not sure how he would fit on this team but if the above is all it takes to get him, I'm all for it

Jonathan Kiernan is code for IG.

Yeah, VLF is correct/right. This is no rumor. This is like the title of the article says, 3 Trade scenarios for Kyle Kuzma. Those kids from Laker Show Life are just that, kids trying to get ground in the sports media. I just stay away from that website.

Here is the article and judge for yourself.

3 Trade Scenarios For Kyle Kuzma

You know this is all (bleep) when you read the Phoenix great idea.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Because he's an idiot who shoots threes against coach's orders.

He could always defend though. Not sure if he has anything left in the tank.

Kobe drove in a flying dunk over his head to win the game broke him probably. I remember his draft day, they were talking mad (bleep) about him lol, likely to fail or something like that
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

FYI:
Quote:
NFL star Larry Fitzgerald has purchased an undisclosed share of the Suns, according to Adrian Wojnarowski and Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

Trading kuzma for rose is a waste of asset
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is not a world-beater.

There's his actual value as an asset and then there's his delusional value.

His delusional value has Laker fans thinking:

(A) he's the missing "third star".
(B) he'll be Davis' second option when James retires.
(C) he has the "value" to trade him for a third star.

Meanwhile, as of today, Derrick Rose and Markieff Morris are both, individually, better than Kuzma and would assist this team much more in winning now than would Kuzma.

Why do people insist on saving food for years in the distant future when the end of the world is coming next June?

Are these the same people who put alcohol on a lethal injection so the victim won't get an infection?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1220021732649709568
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4188, 4189, 4190 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4189 of 8560
Jump to: