Kobe v. LBJ (Read mod warning on page 1 before posting)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 162, 163, 164  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject:

I'm asking about a published player ranking, since we're comparing how two players rank against each other.

I've searched up & down in an effort to find some support for Bryant. Every single published player ranking I've seen puts LBJ ahead of Bryant. ALL of them.

Wondering if anyone is aware of any published player ranking that puts Bryant ahead of LAbron. If so, please post a link. Thanks!

governator wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:
Hey does anyone have a link to ANY published ranking that puts Bryant ahead of James? Just curious, I have never seen one - and don't think I ever will.

Does anyone have a link or connection or hook up or vivid dreams to any and I mean ANY published or unpublished report that LeBron has won more championships than Kobe? Just curious Lakers fam
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:27 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:
Hey does anyone have a link to ANY published ranking that puts Bryant ahead of James? Just curious, I have never seen one - and don't think I ever will.

Does anyone have a link or connection or hook up or vivid dreams to any and I mean ANY published or unpublished report that LeBron has won more championships than Kobe? Just curious Lakers fam

Lejames has 2 olympic gold and one BRONZE.
Kobe only has 2 golds.
There... you see the diiference, homie...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
Hey does anyone have a link to ANY published ranking that puts Bryant ahead of James?

I do. But I don't believe in doing other people's research for free, so you'll have to find them on your own.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:
Hey does anyone have a link to ANY published ranking that puts Bryant ahead of James?

I do. But I don't believe in doing other people's research for free, so you'll have to find them on your own.

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

This makes me wonder what a Celtics fan (or any other team's fans) debate in terms of GOATs or better player on their team.

Bill Russell vs Larry Bird?
Bob McAdoo vs Chris Paul vs Kawhi?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm fairly positive that there no published ranking puts Bryant ahead of LeBron. Just wanted to put it out there, in case I am mistaken.

For now, let's conclude that every single published ranking puts LeBron ahead of Bryant - and not by a small margin.

activeverb wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
For now, let's conclude that every single published ranking puts LeBron ahead of Bryant - and not by a small margin.

Really? I've never heard that before. Say, do you think that Lebron might pass Kobe on the all-time scoring list?
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Haha, we have seen a number of rankings, but now I am simply confirming that every single published ranking puts LeBron well ahead of Bryant.

Not just ESPN, Fox, Bleacher Report, etc.... but every single published ranking. That's a significant fact.

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

Really? I've never heard that before. Say, do you think that Lebron might pass Kobe on the all-time scoring list?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
Haha, we have seen a number of rankings, but now I am simply confirming that every single published ranking puts LeBron well ahead of Bryant.

Not just ESPN, Fox, Bleacher Report, etc.... but every single published ranking. That's a significant fact.

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

All your posts are now saying the same thing over and over. That's trolling. Take a vacation and when you come back either stay in the LeBron thread or develop some new material.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
This makes me wonder what a Celtics fan (or any other team's fans) debate in terms of GOATs or better player on their team.

People tend not to have these kind of frenzied debates about older players. Once you get to a certain age, you don't get worked up about this type of thing, which is why you rarely see fans of Kareem and Magic chiming in.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

All your posts are now saying the same thing over and over. That's trolling. Take a vacation and when you come back either stay in the LeBron thread or develop some new material.

Thanks so much. Apologies for singling him out. I will use the Report button more consistently going forward.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pizvdm_DbFY

We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to bring you this kumbaya message...

https://mobile.twitter.com/thelakersreview/status/1220860637019901952?s=21
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
epic_ wrote:

People tend not to have these kind of frenzied debates about older players. Once you get to a certain age, you don't get worked up about this type of thing, which is why you rarely see fans of Kareem and Magic chiming in.

That is a good point.
We're truly lucky to not only have had great players in the past, but to have had some current GOAT level players to even get into these debates.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to bring you this kumbaya message...

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Very cool. Thanks for posting.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
activeverb wrote:
epic_ wrote:

That is a good point.
We're truly lucky to not only have had great players in the past, but to have had some current GOAT level players to even get into these debates.

The GOAT short list includes 6 Lakers -- Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Magic, Kobe and Lebron. That's pretty amazing. The top 25 include West, Baylor, possibly Mikan, and Karl Malone, if you want to call him a Laker for his one reason here.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

We all know, Greek Freak is better than Bron. But now Kawhi is starting to make his case.

We'll see what happens come playoff time. And I hate to admit it, cause screw Kawhi! He single handedly destroyed our FA.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
I've suspended people on both sides, including the person you are alluding to. When you feel a particular post is simply trolling with no real content, then report it. Mods can't read every post in the Lounge so if we miss some things it's not intentional We aren't playing favorites. Our goal is to get people to stick to the topic without attacking others or discussing specific posters. If you feel a specific posters is trolling then report them instead of talking about them or attacking them.

This is not rocket science.

I gotcha. Apologies if I overstepped earlier. I’m more of a casual observer to the thread. I appreciate you. We all do. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m gonna go back to lurking in the shadows.

P.S. KOBE AND LEBRON ARE BOTH FREAKING AWESOME AND THEY’RE BOTH LAKERS!!!

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

THAT’S what’s up
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

Not really a Kobe vs LBJ argument, but I don’t want to murky up the LBJ thread so I’ll ask it here. Also full disclosure ... that LBJ will be passing Kobe in the coming days is an incredible accomplishment but has little bearing for me in the comparison discussion. Anyway, on to my question.

On what type of basket would you most like to see Lebron pass Kobe? And also, what type of basket would you least like to see it happen?

Most: Lull you to sleep, pull up 3.
Least: Free throw (lol)
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Not really a Kobe vs LBJ argument, but I don’t want to murky up the LBJ thread so I’ll ask it here. Also full disclosure ... that LBJ will be passing Kobe in the coming days is an incredible accomplishment but has little bearing for me in the comparison discussion. Anyway, on to my question.

On what type of basket would you most like to see Lebron pass Kobe? And also, what type of basket would you least like to see it happen?

first out of 2 or 3 FT (I know!!!) but they can stop the game and properly recocgnize
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

first out of 2 or 3 FT (I know!!!) but they can stop the game and properly recocgnize

Interesting take. Agree that would be the most favorable to recognizing it. But after that, the memorializing of it isn’t that sexy.

Your point is valid. So what about ... drive to the hoop, bump defender off, and 1?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Interesting take. Agree that would be the most favorable to recognizing it. But after that, the memorializing of it isn’t that sexy.

Your point is valid. So what about ... drive to the hoop, bump defender off, and 1?

Add the spin move to the hoop and that actually is one of his signature move, I dig it
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Add the spin move to the hoop and that actually is one of his signature move, I dig it

Oh yeah. Funny, I had the spin move in my mind when I wrote that but didn’t mention it. There it is!
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

ChefLinda wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Very cool. Thanks for posting.

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

THAT’S what’s up

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 162, 163, 164  Next
Page 163 of 164
Jump to: