Still Believe we will be champs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Still Believe we will be champs

With all this negative vibes, just wanted to give hope that something special will come this year. Still believe we are winning a championship this year. Even with all the negative I can see signs and coincidence leading that way.

- We moved to Los Angeles on 1960. Same year the 1960 Lakers plane Crashed on Jan 18, 1960. Kobe died Jan 26, 2020. 8 days later and 80 years later

- We currently have 23 Div championship if we get one more this season = 24

- For Los Angeles, we currently have 23 Div title, 25 Conf title & 11 Champ title. Added up to 59, if we win our div + conf + Championship we will have 62 Mavs 3qtr pts. Reverse that equal to 24 +2.

- Best of all LBJ is 23 + AD is 3 equal 26. Winning it for Kobe 24 + Gigi 2.

Other coincidence so far

-81 in a half
-Public funeral 2 (Gigi)- 24 (Kobe) -20 (Lakers yrs)

- Strong vibes this year and it would be awesome to celebrate along with Kobe and Gigi in spirit for the city of Los Angeles
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject:

My heart will always believe.

Just trying to convince my mind.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for this!

Also, today is Feb 7. That is 2-7-2020.

Remove all zeros. Multiply first three numbers = 2 * 7 * 2 = 26.

Subtract the last number (2) = 26 - 2 = 24

It’s a good day.

EDIT: Argh, I did the math wrong. Multiple first three numbers gets you 28. So then you square the final number and subtract that from the product of the first 3 numbers.

No matter how you slice it, ya get to 24.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Just got a new phone and needed a second line, so called Verizon, activated the sim, and probably went through 17 randomly generated phone numbers until we finally agreed to the one that ended in 2408. Thanks Sheila @Verizon!
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

Definitely, I see a championship as high likely simply because I think the Lakers chemistry is very high. Combine that with talent and that is lethal combination..the Lakers are not the most talented especially since the Clippers got Morris.

But I think chemistry is something you don’t see until playoffs or in comeback situations. Notable examples are the Lakers in 2000 against Portland and 2010 against the Celtics.

But we have seen this multiple times this season on the numerous comebacks the Lakers have mounted..more so than I have seen in a while. Even in the losses against the 76ers, Orlando, Rockets you have seen it. As they came within 1 against the Rockets but a highly contested 3 in the corner stopped that.

Against the 76ers I think they came from 18 down to 5 within minutes. In the Orlando I believe they came from like 20 down twice.

You can see in these games they hit a overdrive gear. A leader like Lebron starts to hit another level and because of the high chemistry, the players respond similarly Making the whole team hit another level. You can see their defense get fast, get more steals, anticipate better.

The problem through is this comes at subconscious level so only when it’s playoffs or a 4th quarter comeback and relying on it doesn’t mean victory because like above it takes a great shot like in the Rockets game to end the streak. And this isn’t a matter of effort..it’s more like heightened senses. It’s like when someone is challenging your family. Your senses become heightened

On top of that the Lakers knowing they can hit this overdrive gear I think subconsciously play subpar sometimes since they know can turn it on at the end.

But overall come playoff time and in key close games in the playoffs, the chemistry will prevail. But unfortunately for us fans it will be seem frustrating because it won’t been seen in regular season games like the Clippers.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

Numerology is a powerful thing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject:

I’ve never thought that we would win it this year. I have circled next season, using the MLE wisely, maybe trading some of our current players after they opt in.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I’ve never thought that we would win it this year. I have circled next season, using the MLE wisely, maybe trading some of our current players after they opt in.

Yep, hard to win with what we have today....
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers can not contain wing length

Lakers are an inconsistent 3 pt shooting team

Lakers are horrific down the stretch in close games

Lakers had a horrible tragedy happen to them in the middle of a freaking season

Let’s just enjoy the ride. Guessing they will make a run in the second round and because of LBJ /Ad greatness, maybe even a WCF berth
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I think we have a good shot
I didn't think we would be this good this early considering its a whole new team
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Unless our competitors have major injuries, I don't see it. We still have a chance but we're likely behind Bucks, Clips.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Lakers can not contain wing length

Lakers are an inconsistent 3 pt shooting team

These 2 areas of weakness really make it difficult. Anything can happen, but if these are your areas of weakness, chances are you will need an unexpected amount of luck and everything to break right.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Teams don't historically win in their first year when they make as many changes as the lakers did this past summer, especially when coming off a lotto season.

The only team in recent memory that I could think of that won in its first year while making such changes was the 2008 celtics and even then they had major advantages compared to our squad.

The one thing I worry about is if the lakers do fail to win a championship, they use kobe's tragedy as more or less a reason to try again without making too many changes instead of going all in given the roster makeup.
E=MCΒ²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Only if another team knocks out Clippers and Bucks get bounced in the East. Then I can see it. Otherwise, no chance.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I think it’s hard to see the Lakers winning because I think we are using regular season data to determine playoff performance. Basically using traditional analytics.

Now that may work sometimes but certainly it can’t apply in all cases. The dodgers would be champions by now if that were the case

For example if a player shots 35 percent from 3 does that mean in a game 7 of the playoffs and has a game winning shot his chance of making it is 35 percent?

If that were the case guys like Horry and Fisher wouldn’t be so popular.

Shorting 35 percent from 3 mean over many many shots that are equally important the chance of a hitting a 3 in normal situations is 35 percent.

In the same way the performance of the Lakers in normal regular season games can’t as easily be applied to their playoff performance because playoffs aren’t normal situations. The 1994 rockets and 2002 Lakers are examples of teams that performed quite different season and playoffs.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject:

E=MCΒ² wrote:
Only if another team knocks out Clippers and Bucks get bounced in the East. Then I can see it. Otherwise, no chance.

The specter of injuries will always be a factor, too. Kawhi wouldn't have won a ring last year if the Warriors were even reasonably healthy.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers still have a reasonable chance. They have two of the top players in the league and a decent supporting cast.

The big question in the playoffs will be if Lebron can still elevate his game to the level he did a couple of seasons ago. If he can then they have a good shot. But it does seem to me that he's lost a step. Having failed to acquire a secondary playmaker and with the Clippers and Bucks both matching up well against the Lakers they don't have an easy path to a chip.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Injuries/choking from the Clippers and Bucks are the only scenario I see us winning.

Their rosters are made to beat us.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Playoff has not yet started and we already lost. We have as much a chance as any team out there, Kobe feel we have the pieces even without any changes. With his spirit, I feel we will win the championship. Currently we are on a 16 road win streak against western team. That is a damn good NBA record to have. In Kobe’s spirit I trust and something magical will happen this June.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

1960 was 60 years ago, not 80.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject:

My heart always believes but my head doesn't.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject:

17 in a row on the road against western conference team. NBA RECORD CURRENTLY and still growing.

Can’t believe we still have tons of doubters of our good shot of winning it all this year. This team is making there own history and mark their own way this season. The West is no push over and you know playing against the Lakers we always get the other teams best efforts.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
17 in a row on the road against western conference team. NBA RECORD CURRENTLY and still growing.

Can’t believe we still have tons of doubters of our good shot of winning it all this year. This team is making there own history and mark their own way this season. The West is no push over and you know playing against the Lakers we always get the other teams best efforts.

+1
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: