Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 920, 921, 922 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Gasol took well to Kobe’s harshness. He was able to raise his level or play. He was a dog. Not too many players like Gasol these days.

Gotta be the first time especially on LG I’ve heard someone call Pau a “Dog”

I’ll take it though much better tag for the legend than GASoft

Gasol was the Man
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Like I said before and will say it again and again. Talented big men in today’s league has been marginalized to stat filler. Their impact on the outcome of the game is no where close to any perimeter star. I’ve been saying this way before they traded for AD. I’m not mad at the trade, our young pieces headed out were overrated anyway. I just wish we could hold on to them and sign jimmy butler or trade one of them for the likes of Zach Lavine etc.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Like I said before and will say it again and again. Talented big men in today’s league has been marginalized to stat filler. Their impact on the outcome of the game is no where close to any perimeter star. I’ve been saying this way before they traded for AD. I’m not mad at the trade, our young pieces headed out were overrated anyway. I just wish we could hold on to them and sign jimmy butler or trade one of them for the likes of Zach Lavine etc.

That may be true offensively.

But AD is a DPOY monster who can check guards like WB on switches.

I get the gripes offensively but let's not forget he may be the Defensive MVP of the league.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Gasol took well to Kobe’s harshness. He was able to raise his level or play. He was a dog. Not too many players like Gasol these days.

Gotta be the first time especially on LG I’ve heard someone call Pau a “Dog”

I’ll take it though much better tag for the legend than GASoft

Gasol was the Man

Gasol was tough, I don’t care what anybody says. YouTube clips don’t lie. 🤣
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

That may be true offensively.

But AD is a DPOY monster who can check guards like WB on switches.

I get the gripes offensively but let's not forget he may be the Defensive MVP of the league.

While I still think you can win playing big (you just can’t win playing small when you built your team around being big), if AD is never going to warm up to playing the 5 .... what exactly do we do? I guess we just have to live with it but ... if I’m wrong that you can’t win playing big, we in trouble and not just for this year.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Gasol shed the soft label and then some after winning the chip in 2009 and then dominating the Celtics in 2010. He actually had a case for FMVP in 2010. No freaking way we win those rings without his interior defense on Howard/Garnett. Bynum was also a key. I envy those Laker teams.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Gasol shed the soft label and then some after winning the chip in 2009 and then dominating the Celtics in 2010. He actually had a case for FMVP in 2010. No freaking way we win those rings without his interior defense on Howard/Garnett. Bynum was also a key. I envy those Laker teams.

I miss those Laker teams. Beautiful memories
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

I thought losing Ariza was a mistake, but we won the next year as well.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

The pick and roll between AD and Lebron is no where near as effective as we were all expecting.

Teams just switch on D...but Lebron isn’t quick enough anymore to take ADs man (power forwards or centers) off the dribble consistently. And AD isn’t good enough/physical enough to take advantage of Lebrons defender (wing or guard usually) in the low post.

Doesn’t help that we don’t have consistent shooting alongside our stars. They get swarmed as soon as either one heads towards the paint
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Yeah, I loved Trevor.
Kobe really helped his game flourish.
Without Run-Run on Pierce I don’t think we skate past Boston, though.
20 pts 5 steals in Game 7.
He looked like the only guy ready to roll from the jump that game.
Kept us in it during the 1st half
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

Pair him with a shot-blocking stretch 5 .. that was somewhat the idea with Cousins, but he got (re)injured.
(I boil with anger thinking about what could have been with Lopez ..)

Quote:
While I still think you can win playing big (you just can’t win playing small when you built your team around being big), if AD is never going to warm up to playing the 5 .... what exactly do we do? I guess we just have to live with it but ... if I’m wrong that you can’t win playing big, we in trouble and not just for this year.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Pair him with a shot-blocking stretch 5 .. that was somewhat the idea with Cousins, but he got (re)injured.

Quote:

He is really soft
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

I like Trevor, but he would've gotten eaten alive by Pierce again. Just wasn't big enough or physical enough to deal with him. Artest was so pivotal in 2010.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Artest was key

Love that crazy MFer
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

Sure, NOT as the sole 5, but as part of a 2-headed rotation where the other 5 is someone like Mcgee/Howard. I've watched Milwaukee and it struck me how huge an advantage Antetokoumpo has; it's bad enough that he's a once in a decade freak, on top of that he gets those wide open lanes with Lopez/Middleton/whomever all needing closeouts.
I can't help but fantasize what this PLUS a legit attack guard instead of Rondo/Bradley, plus a long defending 3 that spells Green/LBJ would have looked like.

Jesusdelonla wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

Quote:

He is really soft
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

2010 Lakers/Celtics 1st game. This is before the tip-off. Artest set the tone that we wont get pushed around anymore. We don't beat them without Artest.

vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/themariashow_/status/1226254923819556864?s=21

#ADhereToStay
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
2010 Lakers/Celtics 1st game. This is before the tip-off. Artest set the tone that we wont get pushed around anymore. We don't beat them without Artest.

I only wish he could've played with Kobe in their primes. What a monster duo they would've been in the mid 2000s.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:

I Fn love Artest. The current Lakers team lacks that enforcer defender.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
55 wrote:

I only wish he could've played with Kobe in their primes. What a monster duo they would've been in the mid 2000s.

Dude, could you Imagine??
MJ and Pip all over again
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject:

The more I watch AD, the more I realize he was highly overrated. He is great defensively, but offensively he has been far worse than expected.

He should be crushing these undermanned teams but he really is only a finisher.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
The more I watch AD, the more I realize he was highly overrated. He is great defensively, but offensively he has been far worse than expected.

He should be crushing these undermanned teams but he really is only a finisher.

he is really really soft. like Gasol was 10times tougher then this soft dude
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Towns +26 in 3 Q vs the clippers playing center and his guards are having a field day. For all the (bleep) he gets he is actually doing whats best for the team and playing C. He is also a WAY better shooter than Davis but still doesn't use that as an excuse to play PF.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
55 wrote:

Closest thing to MJ and Pip you mean. Kobe and Ron-Ron even at their peaks (2003 and 2005 - respectively) were not as good as MJ and Pip in theirs (1991 and 1994).
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:44 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
55 wrote:

Closest thing to MJ and Pip you mean. Kobe and Ron-Ron even at their peaks (2003 and 2005 - respectively) were not as good as MJ and Pip in theirs (1991 and 1994).

Maybe. Maybe not. I feel Kobe on many many many nights was just as good and oftentimes better than MJ. And Ron was maybe the games last True lockdown perimeter defender.
Feels like splitting hairs to me.
I’d feel fine betting on Kobe and Artest vs MJ and Pippen. No telling how it could play out. Just one fans opinion
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 920, 921, 922 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 921 of 1425
Jump to: