Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 921, 922, 923 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject:

Curious if anyone has seen / heard any updates on a potential calf injury?

Davis was limping badly at the end of the game last night. Good news is I have not found any comments about it yet this morning.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

All these alley ops are vert dangerous. I rather have him picking and popping and getting better as an outside shooter until the playoffs hit. Everytime he goes for a dunk i pray he lands safe.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't worry too much. Davis limps if the wind blows.
Game time decision
Nothing new
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

Too many Lakers fans trashing AD lately.

Too many Lakers fans trashing the Lakers lately

AD is a bit gassed as the rest of the NBA at the 50 game mark. It happens around every AS break.
(Good chance he’ll win MVP at the All Star Game in Chicago)

This guy constantly gets hacked like he’s Shaq but when his body frame is more like Pau, KG, Tim Duncan.

Clearly worth the mega max we will offer him this summer.
27 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 steals and 2 blocks anytime he steps onto the floor.
39-12 record with the “we can’t beat any elite teams” title during a bunch of somewhat meaningless first half of the regular season games.

This second half AD will prove once again to the naysayers why he’s the right choice moving into the future.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

AD is a bit gassed as the rest of the NBA at the 50 game mark. It happens around ever AS break.
Good chance he’ll win MVP at the All Star Game in Chicago.

This guy constantly gets hacked like he’s Shaq but when his body frame is more like Pau, KG, Tim Duncan.

39-12 record with the “we can’t beat any elite teams” title during a bunch of somewhat meaningless first half of the regular season games.

This second half AD will prove once again to the naysayers why he’s the right choice moving into the future.

Do people doubt he’s a max player? He’s a top 7-10 player unquestionably. And I do think there’s a chance he’s like a top 4 playoff player, so that’s exciting.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

56% from the right corner 3, 13-26 thats insane efficiency

I would have shoot at least 6 3pt per game
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

AD is a bit gassed as the rest of the NBA at the 50 game mark. It happens around ever AS break.

Do people doubt he’s a max player? He’s a top 7-10 player unquestionably. And I do think there’s a chance he’s like a top 4 playoff player, so that’s exciting.

I’d say people are not doubting he’s a mega max player or thats he’s top 10 in the world. Moreso that he’s not the right player to lead this franchise back to our “Lakers Standard” of Championship basketball.

Dude is only 26 and other superstars loves playing with him. (Post Lebron I’m optimistic he’d be able to lure other stars to join him in LALA) I keep hearing the Pau or Shaq comparisons towards Anthony and it’s a bit annoying to me I’ll admit.
I think we just gotta Give him time to build his own legacy 🙏🏀
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

I’d say people are not doubting he’s a mega max player or thats he’s top 10 in the world. Moreso that he’s not the right player to lead this franchise back to our “Lakers Standard” of Championship basketball.

Dude is only 26 and other superstars loves playing with him. (Post Lebron I’m optimistic he’d be able to lure other stars to join him in LALA) I keep hearing the Pau or Shaq comparisons towards Anthony and it’s a bit annoying to me I’ll admit.

What does “he’s only 26” mean though?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

It means he still hasn’t reached his prime
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

for a bigman he's in his athletic prime, and he hasn't improved his jumpshot in years, and his handle hasn't made a tangible stride either...... he's in his prime.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

for a bigman he's in his athletic prime, and he hasn't improved his jumpshot in years, and his handle hasn't made a tangible stride either...... he's in his prime.

I 1000% disagree , I believe his game will continue to grow. A lot of aspects of his game is still raw in year 8.

AD barely getting started!

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

I 1000% disagree , I believe his game will continue to grow. A lot of aspects of his game is still raw in year 8.

AD barely getting started!

I could see his skill level improving.... but he's gotta prove it for real, it hasn't improved in 4 years.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

AD is a bit gassed as the rest of the NBA at the 50 game mark. It happens around every AS break.

I haven’t read anyone here trashing AD. Some do comment on his play, my main criticism is his rebounding. I have seen him do much better. As a team we shouldn’t be a middle of the pack rebounding team. AD wasn’t my first choice to pair with Lebron short term but he was available. He will get paid as he should, but you need an alpha like Lebron alongside him.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject:

So no news is good news with the leg injury from last night.

Not sure where anyone is seeing criticisms of Davis or the Lakers offering him anything but the max contract allowable. Lakers will be as aggressive with the best offer as they can be. I will remain concerned until they actually get his signature on a contract though.

League and player movement has been crazy as hell the past couple off seasons. And I know most feel it is a done deal but I can easily come up with reasons for him to see greener pastures.

As for the ASG, I'm torn. Would love to see him get a dozen lobs, blocks and get the MVP. But there is a part of me that would much prefer he and James took the time off to rest , treatment and get healthy instead of week of ASG foolishness. Not realistic but my preference none the less.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

If CP3 was on this team Davis would be the clear cut #1 guy in the league. He just needs a water bug to get in the paint and drop the ball to him. I would love to see thomas off the bench playing w him
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

I haven’t read anyone here trashing AD. Some do comment on his play, my main criticism is his rebounding. I have seen him do much better. As a team we shouldn’t be a middle of the pack rebounding team. AD wasn’t my first choice to pair with Lebron short term but he was available. He will get paid as he should, but you need an alpha like Lebron alongside him.

Agreed, VLF.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

Lebron has won rings with two other stars, and a second star ballhandler option.

The way AD has played and fit in, it has been the easiest transition for any Lebron team ever. AD has basically had to been Bosh and Wade into one, or Love and Kyrie into one. That is how the team is built.

ADs value is huge.

Did everyone miss the Lebron led Laker lottery team last year that featured Ball, Ingram, KuZ, Hart, Zubac and guys from this season like McGee, KCP, Rondo, Caruso.

AD has completely changed the way Lebron can play, and AD has put the Lakers into serious talk of contention. We may not win it all, but it’s not going to be because AD is not a perfect player. AD has flaws yes. As does Lebron.

But this team isn’t as talented on offense as the teams Lebron won rings with. That is factual. This is NOT on AD or Lebron. This is because we failed to sign Kawhi, Kyrie or maybe Kemba, 3 players that would have made as talented (if not more) than Lebrons title teams and thus a title was virtually a matter of time.

I love this challenge ahead for Bron and AD. It’s old school like guys used to team up and try. Malone and Stockton failed but Pip and Jordan won. Kobe and Shaq won, Yao and TMac failed to. Still love the challenge ahead and the way AD has played. He is a special 2way superstar in his first half season with Bron. In theory it should only get better with time. Kobe and Pau lost their first season together. Thing that works against us is Father Time with LBJ.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject:

I feel like AD/LBJ is as good as you can get in terms of 2 legs of a team that needs 3. In terms of the playoffs, we are going to be exposed for missing that 3rd leg (i.e. consistent perimeter scorer, backup PG, wing defender).
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
If CP3 was on this team Davis would be the clear cut #1 guy in the league. He just needs a water bug to get in the paint and drop the ball to him. I would love to see thomas off the bench playing w him

This

We really need a good point guard
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:

He’d be tier 1 for sure..
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject:

We better be using Kuz/Green/2020 1st/MLE to address the fact we have 0 perimeter penetrator/creators in the offseason. Tough now, but that has to be priority #1.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

The way the Lakers can combat their lack of firepower as a 3rd star, is to defend extremely well and to look for a lot of open 3 pointers. Obviously rebound (something they have not been great at, but should be).

In the playoffs it is a new season, each series is about match ups. You have to game plan, and you have to compete at a different level. I feel this team faces teams A games every night, teams playoffs effort every game. Teams are really getting up to play us. As you see with many teams, they play incredibly well for 1 game against us, then play pretty average after that.

In a best of 4 of 7, so much will come down to how well the Lakers do in the areas they are strong at. The 3rd option or PnR PG will be one aspect the Lakers will be exposed in, but they also have not defended or played the way they are capable of. Not too many teams are going to have an easy time scoring on us if Frank keeps the rotation really tight. Right now we see a lot of minutes where Lebron sits, and a lot of minutes where it is Rondo and Kuzma out there. We see a lot of lineups defensively that may not be great.

Come playoffs I can see a very tight rotation with only very good defensive players out there at all times. This team has the talent level to put out lineups defensively that will give you nothing easy. If Frank wants he could literally just use Howard, Dudley, KCP and Caruso off his bench and have a 9 man rotation. Not a single poor defender or liability defensively with that kind of 9 man rotation. We should also consider starting KCP over Bradley, as it seems out best offense was when KCP and Green were playing the wings with Lebron running the point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

But Wolf, what happens if LBJ gets into foul trouble?

Or the Clips send Morris/KL/PG/Bev all to harass the life out of LBJ and wear him down?

We need someone who is somewhat reliable to run the offense or be a scoring threat, and Rondo/AC/etc. are not the answer at this point. We've had a nearly 50 game sample size now so we know.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject:

Being in foul trouble would mean same issues as past 2 star teams faced. When Kobe was in FT or had a tough match up, or off night, we usually had to defend, and get more from Pau and role players.

This is not to say AD and Lebron will emerge the same way. But it has been done in the league many times where you don’t have a star PG or third elite shot creator and you rely on two guys basically on offense with role players. It makes it harder on offense. It also means you need to defend incredibly well.

Like I said, certainly it will be tough.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Being in foul trouble would mean same issues as past 2 star teams faced. When Kobe was in FT or had a tough match up, or off night, we usually had to defend, and get more from Pau and role players.

This is not to say AD and Lebron will emerge the same way. But it has been done in the league many times where you don’t have a star PG or third elite shot creator and you rely on two guys basically on offense with role players. It makes it harder on offense. It also means you need to defend incredibly well.

Like I said, certainly it will be tough.

We don't even have a Fisher level taskmaster PG who isn't a disaster on defense. This team's offense is built so much on LBJ. Look at AD's negative net ratings without LBJ.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 921, 922, 923 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 922 of 1425
Jump to: